Naming of page
I don't think Crafting/Recipe book is the best page name for this feature. Either the content should be incorporated as a section on Crafting or as its own page Recipe book or other. –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Contribs 10:31, 2 April 2017 (UTC)
- I would be more agree on Recipe book. The page is still work in progress, there should've been an information about custom recipes, tutorials, etc. – ItsPlantseed ⟨₰|₢⟩ 11:11, 2 April 2017 (UTC)
- Shouldn't it be Recipe Book instead of Recipe book? --Pepijn (talk) 01:12, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
How do one mark this as PC exclusive?
Considering this is most likely a PC exclusive, and not coming to say the Pocket Edition since they have the Mattis system, how do you mark this as specific to the PC version? Holroy (talk) 11:55, 13 April 2017 (UTC)
- Is it to use the Only template, like in [Computer Edition only]? If so, does there exists an opposite template to denote that it doesn't exist in a given version? Like a Not template? Holroy (talk) 13:40, 13 April 2017 (UTC)
Is there a way to disable the icon or popups?
Is there any way to turn off these specific popups? I don't wanna see a popup every time I pick up something new. Also, is there a setting to remove the icon?
- It wouldn't be hard to make a resource pack to make the recipe book button invisible and make the popup less intrusive (remove the big white box and text leaving only the item image) but I don't think you can remove either entirely. Cultist O (talk) 09:38, 24 May 2017 (UTC)
A section on each item page about how the recipe is unlocked
- I agree! Would you put it right in the Crafting section, or how would it look? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 03:17, 1 June 2017 (UTC)
- I think this is the way it should work: in the Crafting template, there should be a fifth column named Recipe/Unlocking criteria, which takes the data from the table of unlocking criteria in the Recipe Book page. I'm not that great at formatting templates and Lua scripts, otherwise I would have tried this myself, but somebody who is could try and see how it looks. Superspace (talk) 01:55, 13 June 2017 (UTC)
Casting Resurrect on this topic. Perhaps we should remove unlocking criteria from this page and instead move them to the pages on the recipes? A single, central, and massive list is very difficult to maintain or use.
A fifth column on the already superfat recipe tables would probably not be a good idea, perhaps the recipe unlocking description would be better as an addendum in the description section? --AttemptToCallNil (report bug, view backtrace) 20:53, 2 November 2019 (UTC)
- I agree that making the table wider wouldn't be ideal, though how should we phrase the criteria in the description column? Maybe something like "This recipe is unlocked when the player has an iron ingot in their inventory", though that seems like it would get redundant on pages with many locked recipes. –Sonicwave talk 03:35, 23 February 2020 (UTC)