|This is an archive page of Talk:Realms. Do not edit this page.|
New sections can be added at the current talk page.
- 1 Awesome
- 2 5th citation is inaccurate
- 3 In the history
- 4 how many player can play on a realms
- 5 Idea
- 6 When is it coming out
- 7 how do i access realms
- 8 Minecraft Realms
- 9 Severely Updated Page
- 10 Availability Map?
- 11 Do Not Know How To Make A Realm
- 12 Server specs?
- 13 Consider redoing availlability (again?)
- 14 Crimea
- 15 Cross country access to Realms
- 16 Availability section
- 17 the page's title is not "tutorials of how to use realms"
- 18 Versioning?
- 19 Update today?
- 20 Mods?
- 21 Can't connect to my own realm
- 22 i think it is necessary to create page "pocket realm"
Mojang is finally hosting servers! no more over complicated setups! yay –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( ) 02:15, 4 March 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Next time, post something like this on the forums. Your excitement for an upcoming feature is irrelevant to the wiki page.
—03:41, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
5th citation is inaccurate
The 5th citation is inaccurate about only people close to mojang or who are popular being in the algorithm. It was based off the fact that one popular youtuber got it, and there is evidence contradicting it because someone (who has the username zorcan1) with only about 475 subscribers got the feature too.20:18, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
In the history
It says "A few realms changes." Nobody knows what they are yet?? (I don't have realms at all so I can't test it.)
( ) 16:53, 18 March 2013 (UTC)
- Even those that do have access don't know. They are not all knowing gods born from Zeus. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by ( | ) 17:01, 6 May 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
how many player can play on a realms
Sorry for my bad English. I am a contributor to the french wiki and i just edit the corresponding page in my language, I came up to you to see if the change was made. Modification is the maximum number of players for a realm. Having had access, once the realm button I have this link was sent to "http://realms.minecraft.net/" which indicates the possibility of playing twenty people. I wanted to give you the information and thus lets you make changes in your language and made a small hello to my friends Minecrafters English.
21:56, 11 July 2013 (UTC)endertr1ks
Everyone should have like, a short trial of Minecraft Realms, that would be really awesome, and will definitely attract more players.--22:57, 11 July 2013 (UTC)
- I agree that would attract more people, but I don't think Mojang could afford 13,000,000 people using their Realms servers without paying. It would bankrupt them, and the entire Minecraft fiasco would immediately die, and none of us want that.
- - · · 17:49, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
When is it coming out
I have no idea when its coming out let me know when its out im willing to pay for it when its out. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) 20:53, 19 August 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Beta is now available in Sweden. You'll have to wait until 2014 to get it anywhere else.
- - · · 17:51, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
how do i access realms
i see the screan to play but cant log in ... so frustrating >:(--03:22, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
- Please give more information so we know what you're talking about. :)
- - · 17:52, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
I just don't get it. I click join server on minecraft wiki,( this website ) but nothing happens. Do any of you guys know why? if you do, please leave commet below. Thank you. :) –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) 18:03, 15 September 2013 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- What are you talking about?... I am completely clueless as to what you mean.
- - · · 17:54, 26 December 2013 (UTC)
Severely Updated Page
I updated the Realms page with new information and wrote a complete tutorial for both owners of Realms and players. Please let me know what you think! -· · 04:46, 29 January 2014 (UTC)
So when the Availability section was added, I put in a world map that showed a visual representation of the countries in which Realms could be purchased.took it down soon after. But I've seen that someone put up another one. We should decide now whether to ever put up a map in the future. Any thoughts?
-· · 21:17, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- removed it, not me. His reasoning was that with Realms only available in five countries at the time, the map didn't add much more than a simple list. However, as more countries are added, I think the map will become more useful, especially since they're now listed by date of addition rather than alphabetically. -- 21:33, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- Oh, sorry! I always get details like this wrong. But all the same, I think you're right. I get it now. Thank you!
- - · · 23:21, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
Do Not Know How To Make A Realm
Help!How do I make a realm?( ) 10:17, 15 April 2014 (UTC)
- Read the whole page, everything is detailed on the page. –
11:53, 15 April 2014 (UTC) ᐸ
Are we not sure of how much RAM is dedicated to a Realms server, let alone anything else that runs them? I would imagine it has to be enough to support the maximum of 20 people that can join a Realms. I can't find anything that explains it with citations or proof. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) 20:59, 6 May 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- These details are not stated by the Realms developers. However, if you use the Realms normally you won't need to worry about it. If you want to know, follow the support address given in the infobox on this page. - - 03:06, 7 May 2014 (UTC)
Consider redoing availlability (again?)
There have been many revisions of the Availability section and the current setup is the best I've seen so far. But eventually it will become very difficult for people to find their country to see if Realms is available. What I propose may be proposterous (for I have no idea how to carry it out), but it's the best thing I can think of.
- - 05:13, 7 May 2014 (UTC)
- See what I meant by not knowing a thing about this kind of stuff? I like your idea better. If Matt could make this it would be perfect!
- - - 12:37, 7 May 2014 (UTC)
- Table would be something like this, not too hard to implement:
- The 'Realms' column is somewhat redundant, since having an 'available since' date implies that Realms are available there, so here's another option:
- Having it collapsed by default will keep the ~200-line table from dominating the page for people who aren't interested in it. -- 16:06, 7 May 2014 (UTC)
- For some reason the tables aren't working. However, the code looks good. I recommend that we put the second table into the availability section and put into the history section the dates of release and countries. That way the availabiliy section remains uncluttered and we can use the history section for what it's meant to be used for. - - 22:09, 7 May 2014 (UTC)
- Un-collapsed the samples here, might need Matt to help figure out why collapsed sortable tables aren't behaving properly. -- 11:51, 8 May 2014 (UTC)
- Maybe we should just do a collapsible table with the countries sorted A-Z top to bottom until the sortable thing is fixed. That way we could un-clutter the page while waiting for the proper version to be fixed. Also, lightening the color of green will be good for visibility.
- I also made a list of all the countries on Earth, available 22:07, 11 May 2014 (UTC) - . -
- Huzzah! I did all of the base work on the table (and added Sweden as a Realms country.) Use the link to the list of countries in my last reply to access the table! I will let you know when I've added all of the Realms countries. - 23:00, 11 May 2014 (UTC) -
- Hurray for reals! I finished the table. Have a look!
|Antigua & Deps|
|Central African Rep|
|Congo (Democratic Rep)|
|Isle of Man||2014-04-24|
|Papua New Guinea||2014-05-09|
|St Kitts & Nevis|
|Saint Vincent & the Grenadines|
|Sao Tome & Principe|
|Trinidad & Tobago|
|United Arab Emirates||2014-04-24|
|Wallis Futuna Islands||2014-05-09|
- We may want to consider splitting it into two (four) columns. - 00:32, 12 May 2014 (UTC) -
On Avaliability map, Crimea is marked as blue, but Russia is out... Is Crimea part of Russia or part of Ukraine? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) 14:19, 7 May 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Please don't discuss political issues on this wiki. However, Ukraine is on the list of Realms Countries while Russia is not. Also, Crimea is not specifically on the map. It's per-country, not per-city. - - 22:09, 7 May 2014 (UTC)
Cross country access to Realms
I have a friend in Europe who started a realm and invited me but as I am in a country not supporting realms I never see it. :-( has anyone tested that cross country logins are working should Japan ever get added to the list. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) 21:48, 13 May 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- To my knowledge cross-country access should work. However, it may have changed. Please email the support address and ask the developers. - 15:22, 18 May 2014 (UTC) -
I reckon the availability table should just be updated and put into the history section, rather than removed entirely. Thoughts?? –
08:24, 20 May 2014 (UTC) ᐸ
- I was thinking of doing something like this but I couldn't do it right when I deleted the Availability section. I think we should also get rid of the green backgrounds because now all countries have access. - 12:23, 20 May 2014 (UTC) -
the page's title is not "tutorials of how to use realms"
Why not move the tutorials away. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) 07:11, 20 May 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Funnily enough, I'm working on merging tutorials for both the main menu and Realms into 22:29, 20 May 2014 (UTC) - as we speak. The reason the existing ones aren't in a separate page is because they're summaries, not tutorials. -
Now that 1.7.10 has been released Realms updates won't change Minecraft's version number. So how will we keep track of the different updates? I was thinking the easiest thing to do would be RU 1 (Realms Update 1) and so on. Whatever we end up doing will have to be added to 14:14, 26 June 2014 (UTC) -. -
- Unless there is an official version number, use dates. –
⎜ 14:21, 26 June 2014 (UTC) ᐸ
- Ah, that makes sense. - 14:41, 26 June 2014 (UTC) -
- Mamirm said yesterday that he updated Realms to "1.2.6." There are version numbers after all! I don't know how, so could someone add Realms versioning to the History template? It would be much appreciated! :D - 16:58, 30 June 2014 (UTC) -
- Done –
⎜ 14:03, 4 July 2014 (UTC) ᐸ
- Done –
was there an update today because now i am unable to open the realms menu if i have any jar mods installed at all. last night it worked completely fine but today i am unable to join. i have simple x-ray and optifine installed. does this mean an update completely banning all mods has come out today? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( ) at 09:32, 12 August 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I'm not sure. What library version does the launcher log say Realms is? Also, X-Ray is a Resource Pack, not a mod. At least as far as I know. I can't do any testing on my iPad. - 15:37, 12 August 2014 (UTC) -
- i found the version is 1.3.4 15:55, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
- I tested standalone Optifine and it appears that modded clients are considered to be outdated versions. Sorry, but I think you are right. 1.3.4 breaks modding. - 16:47, 12 August 2014 (UTC) -
- dammit! 17:04, 12 August 2014 (UTC)
Is it possible to have a realms server with mods or plugins?11:14, 6 September 2014 (UTC)
- No. They will never have Forge or Bukkit support. However, when the Plugin API is released I'm sure they will have it. - 11:20, 6 September 2014 (UTC) -
Can't connect to my own realm
Bought one yesterday and my brother is able to connect but I can't. Thought maybe it was because I'm at uni so opened a port in their firewall (25565) but it's still not working. It says Connection Refused: No further information. Any help would be great...is the realm on a different port or something? Thannnkkksss –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( ) at 12:23, 18 October 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Talk to the realms devs. Their email is in the infobox at the top of the Realms page. Usually, yes, that message means that the IP or port is incorrect, or that you are not whitelisted. - 20:30, 18 October 2014 (UTC) -
i think it is necessary to create page "pocket realm"
They are even not host by the same hoster. On pc it's mojang, and n pe it is RakNet according to minecraft.net/pocket13:20, 12 November 2014 (UTC)
- Other than the host, are they really that different? If the host is the only difference, that is one sentence, which is not worth a page split. --– ( | ) 16:46, 12 November 2014 (UTC)