- TNT Run is a plugin on some servers, I'm not sure if it is also available as a map to download. Memory Battle seems to have no download, maybe it is realms-exclusive? | violine1101(Talk) 21:19, 1 March 2015 (UTC)
Does time go by with no players in realms?
I have some questions about what can happen when no players are in realms: Can things happen at the world spawn? (e.g: fire spreading, baby animals growing up) Can the weather change? Do days go by and does this affect regional difficulty? Do furnaces smelt items? Thanks in advance for your help. 18.104.22.168 12:21, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
- Time does pass in the spawn chunks when not online. Everywhere else, though, is unloaded and therefore time does not pass. - Exhelah t - c 16:22, 7 March 2015 (UTC)
Map list is very outdated
The map list contains a lot of maps that are no longer on Realms (because they aren't 1.9-compatible), and doesn't include a lot of maps that are now on Realms. I suggest adding a section for maps that used to be on Realms, putting maps there as needed, and adding the new maps. That said, I don't actually have a list of the new maps, so someone who has Realms should do that. Qwertyuiopthepie (talk) 02:56, 6 April 2016 (UTC)
I went ahead and took care of it after Marc was nice enough to give me realms. Currently listed are the accurate maps, as of the time of this post. I'll try to keep it updated when new maps are added. In cases where an entry did not have a readily available hyperlink (be it for the map or for the author), I've reached out to the author(s) to ask where they'd like the link to lead. Qwertyuiopthepie (talk) 10:03, 6 April 2016 (UTC)
- Thanks! Sometimes that will happen on this wiki, when the regular contributors don't have access to a particular feature, like if they don't own the WiiU version for instance, or if they don't own a Realm, that particular content will fall behind. Again, thanks. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 11:52, 6 April 2016 (UTC)
- Actually, in this case you'd have Marc_IRL to thank. I originally asked him for a list, but when I said it was for the wiki he gave me Realms access for free just so I could see the maps directly. I should be able to keep the list up for at least six months or so. I don't usually contribute to this wiki, but I figured that since I needed a list anyway for other reasons I might as well put it here as well. Qwertyuiopthepie (talk) 00:01, 7 April 2016 (UTC)
A while ago I added a "limitations" section to this page, and it was soon removed. I guess some people don't want this on the page, but I think this should be here. Although Realms is secure and hosted by Mojang, it's not the perfect server-hosting service, and has it's limitations. - Luke18033 (talk) 23:39, 2 November 2016 (UTC)
- I think that user was incorrect about your "Limitations" section being "superfluous". I'd support putting it back. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 20:44, 20 November 2016 (UTC)
Realms PC vs PE Edition
Is there any easy way to find what categories each realm belongs to? There are 4 new realms that need to be added, but I don't know what categories I should put them under.--T • C 13:51, 31 March 2018 (UTC)
- The easiest way to know what category a new map on realms belongs to is to check ingame if you have a realms subscription yourself. --Plagiatus (talk) 07:56, 28 June 2019 (UTC)
Java or bedrock?
Are the realms versions post-1.7.10 in the History section for Java or bedrock? This isn't made clear. – Nixinova 02:11, 6 March 2019 (UTC)
- To be fair, I don't think Bedrock even has custom maps like this to begin with, right? Dragonmaster95 (talk) 09:50, 6 March 2019 (UTC)
The site recently got this mark on it:
While it is correct that the Realms page has a giant amount of links present, they are mainly to maintain proper credit and link to further information of maps which is found outside of the wiki, mostly on the official realms release posts on minecraft.net I say it is completely fine as it is, maybe even too little links to some creators.
What I would say could be possible is to move the maps list behind all relevant content (all including Limitations) or moving the maps List to it's own page. --Plagiatus (talk) 08:09, 28 June 2019 (UTC)