Can someone rename this to "Pumpkin (Seed)" and rename Pumpkin to "Pumpkin (Block)"? Afterwards, can someone create a page named "Pumpkin (Disambiguation)" for linking to these 2 new pages? Cool12309(T|C) 03:49, 28 August 2011 (UTC)
I have proof of it actually being called Pumpkin Seeds. But how do I add photos?
Pumpkin Seeds is a block
All seeds are supposed to be block. Change the template from food to block.
Change to location
I have explored an abandoned mine shaft and have yet to find any pumpkin seeds. I think someone should edit where you can find them, unless someone has proof that they do spawn in abandoned mine shafts. Nevermind this post.
^ I found an abandoned mine via a surface ravine.. and exploring its many chests some had diamonds.. one did indeed have pumpkin seeds in them.. just rare. Sadly i didnt take a screenshot of it.. sorry. But i can confirm abandon mines DO have them in their chests. -DFStormbringer
- I wasn't the one who updated the article, however now that the Minecraft Coder Pack has updated, with v1.8.1 at the very least there appears to be a zero percent chance of pumpkin seeds appearing in chests anywhere, only melon seeds. --31stCenturyMatt 00:26, 19 September 2011 (UTC)
How hard is to find pumpkin seeds?
I have checked 50 chests in abandoned mineshaft via mcedit, but haven't found any pumpkin seeds yet. Is this a bug, or they are realy so rare? I'm playing a map from 1.7
- They don't exist in 1.7. They were introduced in the 1.8 pre releases and 1.8 official updates. And next time sign your posts with ~~~~ - Asterick6 03:57, 29 September 2011 (UTC)
Can't be found in 1.8.1?
I've added a  tag to the 'bug' about them not being generated in 1.8.1, I've personally found some in a server map generated with 1.8.1 as have a few other people.
They SEEM to merely be far rarer in 1.8.1 -- Fishy 188.8.131.52 08:39, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
- You're probably getting flowover or "undeleted world" syndrome from an earlier version (or later one). I have examined the source code and seriously, it's not possible, go grab MCP or equivalent and look yourself. --Wizjany 08:43, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
Need planting information
This article and the Pumpkin Farming linked section do not specifically state what sort of block that you can plant the seed on. Does it have to be farmland? Can it be sand? Etc...
it needs to be on tilled dirt - aimee
Seeds not growing.
Hi there, I've found a bug that cause my seeds not to grow. I think it has something to do that there is a block above the seed, but I'm not quite sure. --184.108.40.206 14:41, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
- That's not a bug. Seeds (including wheat and melon seeds) only grow if the block above the seed is transparent. So, for instance, you can have a slab or glass block above them and they'll still grow, but a dirt or stone block will prevent them from growing. 「ディノ奴千？！」? · ☎ Dinoguy1000 05:52, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
- So, why it is not in the article?
Crafting not yet in Xbox360
Hey, I have looked forward to the latest XBox360 MC update, and I triple checked before and after the update to be sure that pumpkin seeds were released in the update, and it was apperently released. I was in-game, ready to start a pumpkin farm, and when I opened the crafting table GUI, the pumpkin seeds weren't available. I have checked every tab in the crafting menu, but to no avail. Unless I'm just being stupid and missing something, the Xox version doesn't appear to have been updated with pumpkin seed crafting recipes.
If this is true, I think it should either be added in the trivia/bugs section for the pumpkin seeds page, or taken out of the version history page for XBox 360 edition. Although, I may just be missing something, which tends to happen to me.
[corner_g] 220.127.116.11 23:33, 18 October 2012 (UTC)