Talk:Programs and editors/Mapping
- 1 Suggestion: Add Vanilla or Mod support info?
- 2 Why isn't AMIDST on this list?
- 3 this page is extremely difficult to read
- 4 X-Ray
- 5 New map editor, Creative Mode Plus
- 6 Looking for a Map Editor
- 7 Wine and Linux compatibility
- 8 Cleanup and remove old software
- 9 AMIDST!?!
- 10 Please also consider "Creeperchest"
- 11 MCEdit: possible vandalism
- 12 link Is dead
- 13 Minecraft Map Overviewer Setup - Site gone
- 14 Why is c10t still on this list?
- 15 Moving WorldPainter to top of map generators
- 16 Outdated
Suggestion: Add Vanilla or Mod support info?
I've found it rather hard to try finding a map software that actually deals with mod blocks, it would be nice to see a collumn added for such support. (Y/N) or something to delineate if the map software only works on vanilla worlds.. Half the time I have to download and try setting it up before I find out if it can do this or not. In the past the one or two that worked okay, only worked for windows, not on a linux server itself, something that can be stuck in a cron job. Thraxarious (talk) 03:36, 8 September 2014 (UTC)
Why isn't AMIDST on this list?
It's by far the most effective map viewer, and it's easy to use, unlike most other softwares listed on this page. --220.127.116.11 05:16, 11 February 2014 (UTC)
this page is extremely difficult to read
reading the descriptions of these tools/programs is harder than building a beacon in survival. the description columns need to be wider. -tippyc (in-game name) july 10,2013
Minutor is working perfectly with 1.2.5 so i edited it. 18.104.22.168 23:14, 14 April 2012 (UTC)
Minetographer Is now open source. site: http://code.google.com/p/tectonicus/ forum: http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1165662-tectonicus-now-open-source/ 22.214.171.124 00:31, 18 April 2012 (UTC)
Minecraft X-ray will work with 1.2.5 so i edited it. Will also work with 12w23b. --126.96.36.199 03:02, 21 June 2012 (UTC)
I think it should be noted in X-Ray that many servers strictly prohibit using it. MaxKing 10:46, 6 July 2012 (UTC)
New map editor, Creative Mode Plus
Hello, there's a new map editor called Creative Mode Plus at http://code.google.com/p/creative-mode-plus/. I am not sure how to go about adding it to the list, but I can at least make someone who is aware of its existence.
Edit: The program has been updated to 0.9.8.0. Had region save issue. --neinome 00:36, 5 October 2012 (UTC)
Looking for a Map Editor
Hi, I'm looking for a map editor that can make, draw or generate a world with floating islands, bridges, premade buildings, editing spawn point ect. I need one that can do theese things for my server, can anyone suggest a map editor that can do this?
EpicMinecraftPlayer931 (in game name Red_Alert007) 03:51, 26 October 2012 (UTC)
Wine and Linux compatibility
Cleanup and remove old software
This mapping page is getting really out of date. Anyone have any issues with me going through the list and removing/updating it?
Should I just remove stuff that doesn't work anymore or should there be a separate section for archived applications?
Skeight 03:07, 18 December 2012 (UTC)
- Updating entries with new information is always good. Old programs should be moved to Orthotope 03:50, 18 December 2012 (UTC) . However, since most of these are written by people in their free time, I've been fairly generous about giving them time to update: I usually don't remove things until they're two major versions out of date. The current major version is 1.4.x, so anything that hasn't been updated past 1.2.x can be moved. Programs compatible with 1.3.x should stay for now; if they still haven't been updated once 1.5 is released, they can be removed then. --
- Makes sense. The only one I see that's 1.2.x is Tectonicus but it's too amazing to be archived just yet. Maybe someone will pick up development on it. Skeight 05:42, 19 December 2012 (UTC)
Why no mention of AMIDST? It's an excellent biome map, slime chunk tool, village and stronghold finder. http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/626786-v2042-amidst-strongholds-village-biome-ect-finder-now-with-witch-huts/ 188.8.131.52 02:41, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
Please also consider "Creeperchest"
There is a level editor under development called "Creeperchest" (to which I can't link here). It strives to have an interactive 3D mode sometime later, but already offers tools for a wide set of applications, including modifying the world, gathering statistics or editing SMP player profiles. Its platform is Windows, half of the source is available (the business logic is all editable out of the box), the programming language is C++ for the editor itself and its own language for the main business logic/plugins.
MCEdit: possible vandalism
A few times now I've had to correct the "compatible with" version. MCEdit is STILL at 1.6.4, unless you're counting unstable versions (which should be noted more fully in that case). Even with unstable versions it's 1.8 not 1.7.9. I couldn't figure out how to put in TWO version numbers with the strict format the spreadsheet uses. If anyone else can it should read "1.6.4 (stable), 1.8 (unstable)".
- I've managed to make it look the way you planned, but I had to use unorthodox syntax to make it work. If anyone else can do better, feel free to change it. :)
- — EthanCentaurai · 10:37, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
minecraft-dungeons.com not working anyone ~anonymous
Minecraft Map Overviewer Setup - Site gone
Looks like the domain now sells shoes. Not sure I am finding where they moved to with a cursory search. They might have gone poof.
Why is c10t still on this list?
It hasn't been updated in 4 damn years, the website isn't even up anymore.
Moving WorldPainter to top of map generators
Would anyone have a problem with it if I (being its author) move WorldPainter to the top of the map generators? It has been the only one that is actively maintained and supports the current Minecraft version for a while, and it would be more visible there. Captain Chaos (talk) 08:31, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
This page appears to be extremely outdated, it lists most recent updates for programs as being years ago but after a little research i found some that are still in development and were updated just a few weeks ago. If it's ok with everyone else i'm going to clone this page into a sandbox, update it, then move the updated page back here. jjlr (talk) 08:58, 18 April 2018 (UTC)
- Don't know exactly where I come into this, but go ahead anyway. - MinecraftPhotos4U (talk) 12:19, 18 April 2018 (UTC)