Finally figured out arrow / wooden pressure plate mechanics Dctrjons 16:43, 26 January 2011 (UTC)
- 1 click.ogg
- 2 wiring
- 3 Wooden Plates and Arrows
- 4 On top of a fence
- 5 Pressure plates in front of double doors (bug?)
- 6 Sandstone Pressure Plates and more
- 7 Stuck Plates Bug
- 8 Can mobs spawn on pressure plates?
- 9 Command block minecarts as well?
- 10 Merge Weighted Pressure Plate to Pressure Plate?
- 11 Do stone pressure plates prevent lightning from starting fires?
- 12 Wooden Pressure Plate size is not the same as stone or iron or gold ones
Can someone post a video or very detailed description of removing the sound of the pressure plate when stepped on?
08:58, 18 April 2011 (UTC)
The forums would be a better place to ask. This page is for improving the article. --Technoman7 16:36, 7 July 2011 (UTC)
--126.96.36.199 02:41, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
Is there a way to hide a pressure plate's wiring? All the methods I can think of require one of the 4 cardinal neighbors of the underlying block to be non-solid. IOW, if you had a horizontal square of 9 blocks and put a plate in the middle, how would you draw power from it? Aib 13:49, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
- All you need is redstone dust underneath the block supporting the pressure plate. This also works for other floor-attached inputs such as levers and detector rails. —KPReid 15:08, 10 July 2011 (UTC)
- You know, it's kinda embarrassing how simple that was :). Thanks. Aib 00:12, 11 July 2011 (UTC)
Wooden Plates and Arrows
- Fixed! (Wooden Plates can detect any entities, including arrows.) By Haydkenmutthew (talk) 10:32, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
On top of a fence
In version 1.8 Pre Release you can now put pressure plates on top of fences. It looks like a little table. Just a small detail I noticed that wasn't possible in 1.7. Rolen47 06:29, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
Could this be a glitch? When the player pushes the pressure plate on top of a fence by walking towards it, there is a chance that the player might fall through solid blocks. It happened to me many times; I fell down through the floor (1-block thick) to the basement of my house. 188.8.131.52 12:22, 31 January 2012 (UTC)
Pressure plates in front of double doors (bug?)
Placing two pressure plates in front of double doors will change behaviour of the right pressure plate. When stepped on nothing will happen with right door. When stepped off the right door will open and stays open even if stepped back on plate. EDIT: this has been fixed as of minecraft 1.2.5
Sandstone Pressure Plates and more
Just as the subject suggests, they should make a Sandstone Pressure Plate. It would be very useful for hidden traps, desert temples, and (if they take my advice) Ocean-temple/Atlantis. I also think that there should be wooden pressure plates for all kinds of wood.
Mcpantsonfire 23:46, 23 September 2012 (UTC)mcpantsonfire
- I would have use for a inverted pressure plate, to make really small contraptions, like a piston door, as it is now you have to invert the signal, and you cant have the pressure plate right next to the piston (facing up) because it messes with it.
Stuck Plates Bug
There seems to be an issue with pressure plates sometimes remaining depressed for a lengthy amount of time. This means they continuously remained powered until you either break the plate or allow it to randomly reset on its own. I discovered this while working on a Nether escape portal that would extinguish the portal as soon as you were teleported, (e.g. you were no longer standing on the pressure plates). The sad thing is that one portal would work fine every time, while another identical portal would consistently exhibit the stuck plate problem, thus not extinguishing it. I tested this again and again in different locations, facing different directions, and I haven't found a reason yet as to why certain plates get stuck. :( 184.108.40.206 01:04, 4 January 2013 (UTC)
I'm having this problem too. :( I used a stone pressure plate with a command block under it to make teleportation, but often times I want to teleport but the pressure plate is pressed down and stuck. It didn't pop back up until I broke it and placed it again. 220.127.116.11 03:18, 10 February 2013 (UTC)
Can mobs spawn on pressure plates?
Can mobs spawn on pressure plates? or are they considered the same as half slabs (when top half is air)
Command block minecarts as well?
A minecart with a mob or player riding it will trigger a stone plate (however, storage minecarts and powered minecarts do not trigger stone plates).
Do (or not) command block minecarts trigger (wooden) pressure plates as well? If so we should add it. (I am actually guest123user, I haven't signed in) --18.104.22.168 02:48, 21 April 2014 (UTC)
- No. Command block minecarts is considered as powered minecart. Hence CBM do not trigger stone or wooden pressure plates. By Haydkenmutthew (talk) 10:30, 12 February 2018 (UTC)
Merge Weighted Pressure Plate to Pressure Plate?
The two blocks are of the same type,it seems to be kind of redundant to have two separate pages for what are essentially the same blocks. Shouldn´ it be part of the Pressure Plate? -- InksackedMC 22:54, 7 June 2015 (UTC)
Do stone pressure plates prevent lightning from starting fires?
If you were to place stone plates on top of, say, a wool or a wooden structure, would the lightning still damage it? 22.214.171.124 18:24, 16 November 2016 (UTC)