- 1 I got an uncraftable potion in survival
- 2 Invisible Sheep Wool?
- 3 Custom Potions 1.9-1.11
- 4 How many potions are in Minecraft?
- 5 Invisibility with armor
- 6 No information on unused potions
- 7 Brewing of Harming II Potion
- 8 A skeleton ignored my potion!
- 9 Potion colors
- 10 What needs cleaning up?
- 11 Split between Water Bottle and Potion
I got an uncraftable potion in survival
I was fishing in survival with a normal fishing rod in peaceful and I caught an uncraftable potion with no effects listed. Is this a glitch? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Katthenerd (talk • contribs) at 17:00, September 23, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Invisible Sheep Wool?
So, the page still says that when Sheep have an invisibility status effect from a potion that the Wool on the sheep will still be visible. Well, I can confirm it's not. I have thrown dozens of invisibility potions on all my animals, and the only one to still have something visible was the saddle on my saddled pigs. All the sheep still had their wool, and the wool turned invisible too. So, is that a bug, or did they just remove that feature? Would the same apply to Horse Armor and Saddles? I'm confused. Oh well, just checking, since it would appear that the page is wrong if it still says that a Sheep's Wool is still visible even when under the invisibility status effect. Rockatoa, Brickticks out! Brickticks (talk) 02:37, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
- It works for me on the Java version. Are you using Pocket Edition? Pokechu22 (talk) seems to state that it doesn't work for spiders and endermen, but doesn't mention sheep. However, it's possible that it also affects sheep, in which case that bug should be updated. --
- Updated the page. Mooshroom mushrooms, sheep wool, dog collars and snowman heads, all of these completely disappear in version 1.11. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 13:10, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
Custom Potions 1.9-1.11
From some snapshot in 1.9 to 16w33a in 1.11, using the CustomPotionEffects in commands will give you a specially colored water bottle based on the color of the bubbles when the effect is active. Apparently, minecraft already has potions for all of the effects in the game. including a few extra. Usernwww (talk) 13:21, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
How many potions are in Minecraft?
220.127.116.11 16:24, 29 June 2019 (UTC)Just a question, nothing to see here
- Depends which version of the game you are playing. There are 17 in the Java Edition and Bedrock Edition, and 19 in the PlayStation 4 Edition. -BDJP (t|c) 17:08, 29 June 2019 (UTC)
Invisibility with armor
The potion effects list says that having armor equipped will change how mobs react to you when you're invisible, and to check the status effects page for more info, but the status effects page doesn't give any info regarding this at all. Could there have been info there in the past that was edited away?--ConfusingDalek (talk) 15:18, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
- Good catch; yes, the individual where's each have pages now. The info would be on Invisibility. I'll update this page to point people there. – Sealbudsman talk | contribs 18:11, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
No information on unused potions
In Beta 1.9 Prerelease 2 (I believe), several potions were added with bizzare names which had no use, but which had data values. This is mentioned in the "Java Edition Unused Features" page, but isn't mentioned on this page. Should it be mentioned? 18.104.22.168 04:51, 21 March 2020 (UTC)
Brewing of Harming II Potion
It seems that (at least in the Bedrock Edition) the corruption of Healing II and Poison II results in a Harming I potion, which is different from what the picture and wiki tells you.
A skeleton ignored my potion!
for some reason a skeleton didn't listen to my potions I used a splash potion of instant harming and it did nothing! I even tried multiple times and still it didn't work. is this normal? pls answer.
- skeletons are healed by harming potions and damaged by healing potions since they're undead. --Hanzepic (talk) 06:45, 28 June 2020 (UTC)
What needs cleaning up?
Does anyone know what needs cleaning up on this page? The cleanup message box was added on August 1 2020.
At some page widths the large potion brewing chart image overlaps the table in the Natural Generation section which causes a scroll bar to be added to the table. Could this be the reason? It happens in normal page viewing but not in visual editing.
Split between Water Bottle and Potion
These 2 are very different things with the water bottle being the start and the potions being the ingredient, I would split it into Water Bottle (thick mundane awkward) and Potions (Status Effects (extended enhanced))---Humiebee Discuss anything with me Look at my edits 19:38, 31 August 2020 (UTC)
- Usage of the water bottle is different from the potions with no effect, notably when it comes to cauldrons. If we split, I would put just water bottle on its own page and leave anything with potion in the name (even effect-less potions) here. –KnightMiner t/c 22:17, 12 September 2020 (UTC)
A slightly different proposal
This would affect Potion, Splash Potion, and Lingering Potion. Because splash water bottles damage a lot of mobs, and water bottles, I feel are not potions and are far different, I want a split between Potion and Water Bottle, Splash Potion and Water Bottle, and Lingering Potion and Water Bottle. Splash water bottles do not give any status effects, yet they do damage to blazes, striders, campfires, etc. Any thoughts? Blockofnetherite Talk Contributions 17:00, 16 September 2020 (UTC)