Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Talk:Pocket Edition Alpha 0.12.1
Mob Heads In Survival
In a video by JackFrostMiner, an MCPE youtuber, he shows that mob heads can be obtained in survival when a charged creeper kills a zombie/skeleton/creeper. I think this should be added to the page.
- As soon as the protection wears off I will add this to the page. --MarioProtIV (talk) 16:00, 5 August 2015 (UTC)
Windows 10 Edition 0.12.2.0
Where should this version go? We already had a lot of dramas with the initial Windows Edition release, eventually deciding to incorporate it here, but if there are potentially more of these Windows 10 only updates while they are ironing out bugs, should they just go here as sections (like I have done), should they be separate pages under the Pocket Edition name or Windows 10 Edition name? Or should we just highlight information that was released in this update with an asterix or something else? –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Contribs 10:38, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- I would just move them to a page under the name "Windows 10 Edition 0.12.2.0", similar to what I did with the original release but then that got removed. --MarioProtIV (talk) 14:16, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- I highly disagree with the move here (0.12.1 has added to and is largely built upon 0.12.0: it is it's own version), and I continue to disagree upon further seperating the two editions-in-name. Rather, list that features are exclusive to a particular OS (all versions carry minor variations and tweaks across the operating systems in which they were released) for that version. -Illidicia (t+c) 15:10, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- I am building version pages for 0.12.0, 0.12.1, and 0.12.2.0 on my userspace following my disatisfaction with the current layout.
- Any user may edit, so long as their edits are constructive. -Illidicia (t+c) 15:53, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- I disagree with most of these, but the one I am really not fond of is the 0.12.1 page. I think it should stay as is, because all of the builds have been released for 0.12.1, not 0.12.0 or 0.12.2. Because of this, it is better to include the additions from the builds/0.12.0 on the main 0.12.1 page. --MarioProtIV (talk) 16:01, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
- So I just created a few pages in my workbench for the Windows 10 editions, including a template:
- I also agree with Illidicia, these versions are fully the pocket edition, the extra releases are mainly the developers fixing bugs due to the new platform. The developers have also specifically said that they are still the pocket edition, so I see no reason to split (especially since if they are PE, then 0.13/Beta 1.0 will likely be developed together)
- @Goandgoo: Since they are mostly bug fixes, I think placing them here or on their own article is fine. If we choose to go with separate articles (which might be overall cleaner), it would require listing both versions listed in the history section, like has been required to fill the gap between the PS3 and PS4/Vita versions. (basically saying "Added x to Windows 10" and "Added x to all other editions")
- @MarioProtIV: Do not implement a major change after a one day discussion, especially if no one in the discussion has agreed with your implementation. If you want to separate the versions, get consensus first. –KnightMiner t/c 22:02, 11 August 2015 (UTC)
0.12.1 iOS released!
People were saying that 0.12.1 would be released for iOS on September 9th but it came today (September 8th) at 8:00PM Central Time. Android is still on 0.11.1, but we'll see when that comes out. Also edited the wiki page to reflect the change.
Sources: https://twitter.com/_tomcc/status/641394217437253632 https://twitter.com/_tomcc/status/641397616094392320 Miningexpert18 (talk) 02:44, 9 September 2015 (UTC)
0.12.1 for Windows Phone released (With evidence)
0.12.1 for Windows Phone was released on September 8th, 2015. Updated the wiki to reflect this.
Sources: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/apps/minecraft-pocket-edition/9wzdncrdzsbb#app-details (If you read the app details, it has the new changelog for 0.12) https://twitter.com/MrSiNnEr01/status/641289076738420736 (Tweet showing it on Windows Phone) Miningexpert18 (talk) 02:43, 9 September 2015 (UTC)