|This is an archive page of Talk:Player. Do not edit this page.|
New sections can be added at the current talk page.
- 1 Player Jump Height
- 2 About Sprinting
- 3 Picture
- 4 REAL Player Height
- 5 Players strength
- 6 New Picture
- 7 Crafting and Tools in Creative
- 8 new "Taking Damage" Sound
- 9 Jump Height
- 10 Model Dimensions
- 11 Skin Of Heorbrine
- 12 Gender
- 13 Weight
- 14 Jump height to death?
- 15 When was Steve's beard removed?
- 16 Exact player speed
- 17 Inventory weight
- 18 Inventory Space
- 19 Nameplate/Name View Distance.
- 20 A better description for replacing Steve's skin
- 21 Name Change
- 22 What is Alex's full name?
Player Jump Height
You can jump higher than 1 block, but lower than 1.5. Test this by placing a trapdoor like this:a=air b=other t=trap door
b-a and you can jump on the trapdoor without need of another block.19:44, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
My personal testing confirms this, and shows a player jump height of close to 1.25 blocks using the F3 debug screen. With Jump Boost I from a fully-sized emerald pyramid, it's closer to 1.84. And with Jump Boost II from the same pyramid, I got around 2.33 blocks.
I feel like this information should be tested by someone better equipped than I and added to the player movement section. Most people assume a "1 block" jump height, so this would be helpful. I can understand not adding the Jump Boost stuff to this article at all, and not adding it anywhere on the wiki until it's officially released, but I find it ridiculous that I had to do my own research just to figure out the normal player jump height.13:35, 11 October 2012 (UTC) I38VWI
After the new snapshot update was out, Jordan, aka CaptainSparklez, had also pointed out that the player jump height is higher than a block. To be precise, it's a block and a quarter, or 1.25 blocks. If I remember correctly, that translates to 18 pixels.10:43, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
- Jump height is actually 1.249 blocks (see ). You can create an un-jumpable 1.25 block difference with an enchanting table on a solid block with a slab next to it, or (in snapshot 13w03a and later) a triple layer of snow on a solid block. -- 20:26, 1 February 2013 (UTC)
Have we confirmed the drawback to sprinting? Is is depleting your hunger? A cooldown? Wearing down your boots?15:44, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
- Pretty sure Notch has mentioned this will deplete your hunger bar faster, several times. I don't have any refs on me though -- 15:55, 5 September 2011 (UTC)
- I found the ref, and added it in the page. http://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/108938691862470656 14:57, 7 September 2011 (UTC)
How About? -- 15:09, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- Preferred indeed-- 16:02, 30 May 2011 (UTC)
- OMG giant Steve! Question to Gemberkoekje. Where did you find that? 06:40, 17 April 2012 (UTC)
REAL Player Height
The player is NOT 1.62m tall. EYESIGHT is 1.62m high. With some calculations, I found that the total height (from head to toe) to be 1.85m. (correct me if im wrong: The mob is 32 pixels tall. eyes are at "layer" 28, as well as the center of the head block. 1.62m/28*32 = 1.851428571m.)19:09, 30 June 2011 (UTC)
- Assuming vision comes from the top of the 28th pixel. Realisticly, he would be 1.89m tall, because the eyesight would come from the centre of the eye, of the 28th pixel,(I'm not sure if this is the case, though) meaning the hero could actually be 1.62/27.5*32) = 1.88509091. However, to accurately measure, you would need to compare the player to an ingame block. That would be difficult to line up the camera though. :/ But I don't think anyone really cares about that level of detail :P -- 04:35, 12 July 2011 (UTC)
- I'm up to it :3. -edit- it seems you're right! 17:08, 16 July 2011 (UTC)
Given this discussion, why does it say on the main page that his height is 1.79m? Shouldn't it say 1.8 at least? --23:51, 1 September 2013 (UTC)
If you count the pixels of the player (32) and you know a block is in the default texture pack 16x16, assuming 1 block = 1 meter, steve would be 2m. But that's weird, meaning that the blocks would be > than 1m.
"the player is capable of carrying 27.578.880 kg if he fills the entire inventory with gold blocks and wears a full set of gold armour. "
The players inventory has 36 (4*9) slots, in each of them he can stack 64 gold blocks. Gold has a density of 19,3 g/cm³ (19300 kg/m³), so my calculation is 4*9*64 m³ gold, and 4*9*64 m³ * 19300 kg/m³ is 44467200 kg.Armor is 24(goldingots) = 8/3(goldblocks). 8/3m³*19300kg/m³ = 51467 kg. So, the player is able to carry 44.518.667 kg.14:55, 18 July 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, that proves nothing. You are calculating the largest amount of items that the player can hold in his bag. For all we know, he could carry any weight on Minecraftia, but for now, we can only assume that he just doesn't have enough space in his bag. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by ( ) 20:41, 10 September 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- It proves plenty. He said "the player is able to carry 44,518,667 kg", not "the player is only capable of carrying up to 44,518,667 kg"
- It proves the minimum maximum that the player can carry. (the lowest amount that the maximum weight could be) It's just trivia anyway so it doesn't have to be an amazingly important piece of information anyway, it's just interesting. -- 05:02, 11 September 2011 (UTC)
- How about golden apples? If we take the weight of each golden apple as 154401 (8 gold blocks + 1 apple assumed to be 1kg), the total weight a player is able to carry is 154401*64*36= 355,739,904kg! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by ( ) 06:49, 29 October 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Wouldn't it be better to use the beardless skin for the picture?12:28, 3 October 2011 (UTC)
Crafting and Tools in Creative
Technically, you can craft in Creative mode (you can put down a crafting table, put in the resources and you will get out what you crafted). Of course, they are useless because you have unlimited resources and everything breaks in one punch. Just thought i could point that out.16:59, 26 November 2011 (UTC)
new "Taking Damage" Sound
I hate it. Now it's just a boring smack. I like the old, "OOF!" sound much better. Back to 1.7! --00:42, 17 March 2012 (UTC)
- And drowing makes bone craking sound??? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by ( | ) 12:15, 2 May 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~ 13:57, 28 August 2012 (UTC)
The "OOH" sound suggested the character is male. IT was very unrepresentative of female players. Deal with it. don't forget to sign,13:57, 28 August 2012 (UTC) maybe there could be a feature where in the options you can change the damage sound from old to new.
Just get the old day's mod. Hope that satisfies you.00:11, 2 December 2012 (UTC)
I honestly think that at the start of a world asking if you are a boy or a girl then if your a male you would have the old "OOF" sound and if your a girl it would be a girl saying that. ~Megatron James
If including everyone is the goal then the smacking sound does the job better as there are people not being either boy or girl. If the sound is that important it's easy to just add it to a resource pack19:06, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure that crouch jumping now makes you jump 1.5 blocks high. I found this out when doing some chicken farming.21:12, 2 May 2012 (UTC)
I'm sorry, that's a feature of Zombe's flymod.14:34, 3 October 2012 (UTC)
I've seen a lot of different figures when it comes to this. Can't anyone with some java knowledge just read in the source code the exact dimensions? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( ) 09:15, 19 August 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- The collision box is 0.6 blocks wide and 1.8 blocks tall. The visible model might be a bit shorter and wider, haven't tried to understand the 3d code yet. -- 12:29, 21 August 2012 (UTC)
Skin Of Heorbrine
Sometimes people say that Herobrine's skin changes when Steve's does but really don't know because when I look up him on the skin app for iPod Herobrine has no beard that Steve does but he has the mouth that Steve does and in canonical pictures and videos he has a beard.21:32, 1 December 2012 (UTC)
I don't understand why you are pretending that "Steve" is genderless while you use male pronouns and talk about beards.
genderless means hispanic male donchaknow?--16:07, 20 April 2013 (UTC)
Steve is not a boy or girl. The only reason we refer to him as "he" is because what else are we supposed to call him? "It"? And for the beards... it's just the default skin.16:03, 21 April 2013 (UTC)
As you ALL know 1.8.1 (not 1.8) added Alex confirming STEVE IS A BOY AND ALEX IS A GIRL i would suggest choosing if you are a boy or a girl instead of it being random but i do not know how to suggest DON'T TELL ME TWITTER I AM TOO YOUNG FOR AN ACCOUNT( ) 13:54, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
How much does Steve weigh? I calculated that he falls at about 90 MPH and if his size is 1.85 m tall, 0.8 m wide when viewed from the front or back and 0.3 m when viewed from either side, what is his weight? I don't know how to calculate his weight so if anyone does, it would be a good addition to his profile.10:17, 26 January 2013 (UTC)
Someone improperly calculated Steve's weight. A player pixel is only 5.7 cm per side, giving a much smaller volume of 193 cubic centimeters per pixel. This makes Steve 200 pounds lighter. This is going off eye height. Going off hitbox height, we get even smaller pixel sizes and Steve's weight drops another 50 pounds.04:35, 6 August 2014 (UTC)
Jump height to death?
How many blocks does the player need to die? I tried jumping on a gap that is about 30 blocks and I died but I want to be more specific. Thank you!17:05, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
- 23. See . -- 19:44, 5 March 2013 (UTC)
Thanks!15:41, 6 March 2013 (UTC)
When was Steve's beard removed?
in which update did Steve lose his beard?
Exact player speed
I have decompiled the lastest 1.6.2 client jar file using MCP and set the Yaw and Pitch to 0 so that the player can only move in the z-axis and then I had output the blocks per tick in the z-direction. The max speed reached is 0.21585903893404823 blocks per tick which equates to 4.317180778680964 blocks per second. This is demonstrated with evidence with the following video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtTfEr1UlH0
Update: It should be noted that on SMP all speed values are multiplied by 0.98 as indicated in lines 1863 - 1865 in LivingEntityBase.java. This effects all living entities. This could contribute the the deviation of findings of player speed. The SMP player speed is then 4.230837163107345. I will not be contributing this knowledge to the wiki anywhere.
--20:12, 25 August 2013 (UTC)
- I have figured out the ground no-fly formula for speed: http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Talk:Transportation#Speed_formula -- 02:10, 27 August 2013 (UTC)
The trivia section makes a big deal about Steve being able to carry an inventory of gold blocks, but what about Notch Apples? That is eight times as much weight, plus a little bit for the apple.
( ) 23:36, 31 May 2014 (UTC)
If your inventory was your pockets, where does all that weight go? If it isn't, then where is the inventory?
Nameplate/Name View Distance.
Does anyone know the view distance of a player nameplate?
I'm building a prison server and I need to know how far apart to make the different parts of the build...
BEHIND blocks. Keep that in mind.
Thanks! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( ) at 22:04,8 December 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
A better description for replacing Steve's skin
|Java Edition Beta|
|1.0||Had Steve's beard, which is often forgotten as a smile, shaved. The bearded version of Steve's skin is still obtainable by downloading the reference skin or using nickname "char".|
What do you think about it?
Can i change the name to "Steve/Alex (Player Character)" or just "Player Character"? it would make browsing the wiki easier -( ) 13:42, 8 September 2015 (UTC)
What is Alex's full name?
I got this answer while I was Commenting on Youtube. Alex full name is (Warning spoilers ahead) Alexandra. True stuff. Kat Konradi told me so on a video.( ) 02:17, 8 December 2015 (UTC)Miner
- Done 02:48, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
Yay! oh BTW I Wrote Spoilers ahead so that I won't get my post deleted.( ) 03:00, 8 December 2015 (UTC)Miner
- Not done; some random person on Youtube is not an authoritative source. Only if someone who works for Mojang confirms this can it be added to the article. -- 03:02, 8 December 2015 (UTC)
Oh come on. I just wasted my life for this.( ) 03:25, 8 December 2015 (UTC)Miner
Well Alex is basically a male name. So there's two different full names: Alexander (Named after a warrior) or Alexandra (female name). That way it won't get Confused with a boy's name. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) at 0:31, 12 December 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~