There are 2 things I am confused about sticky pistons.
- Can they pull 12 blocks, or can they only pull 1 block?
- What happens when they try to pull blocks that cannot be pushed (like obsidian) or gets destroyed in the attempt (like mushrooms)?
I play pocket edition, so I can't test it out yet. 22.214.171.124 17:58, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
- "When a piston loses power, it will retract by simply pulling its head back, unless it is a sticky piston, in which case it will also pull the block in front of the head." - Piston#Usage
- If the block cannot be moved, the piston simply leaves it behind. That includes if the block normally breaks upon being pushed. I am adding this part to the article now.
- –KnightMiner (t·c) 17:27, 14 February 2015 (UTC)
Could someone add something about the "6-sided piston" and "6-sided sticky piston"? This was a well-known block for making maps. 126.96.36.199 00:40, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
- Nice, wasn't aware of it. Made mention of it in the 14w17a page, as well as the #Block data and #History sections on this page. – Sealbudsman (Aaron) t/c 15:59, 4 May 2015 (UTC)
Should the amount of ticks it takes to extend/retract should be added to the main description?
Like about the Redstone lamp, "A redstone lamp activates instantly, but takes 2 redstone ticks to turn off (4 game ticks, or 0.2 seconds barring lag)". The updates said that it takes 2 redstone ticks and on the console versions, double of that.
- Yeah, if you know it, feel free! I'm sure someone will double check it and everything. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 02:36, 23 August 2015 (UTC)
Request to split page.
- Disagree. See Talk:Piston/Archive 1#Merge Article With Piston. –LauraFi - talk 19:58, 25 June 2016 (UTC)
- Disagree too. The Sticky page would just be a word-for-word copy of the Piston page, except with one or two places where it mentions pulling blocks. No need for that. What reason would we split it? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 04:28, 26 June 2016 (UTC)
- Oh really? The sticky piston is clearly a variant of piston; it only differs by the ability to pull blocks.
- On the other hand, the Russian article is split into the two. They must be merged. But that’s a different story. — NickTheRed37 (issues’ wall) 12:32, 26 June 2016 (UTC)
Piston Extension Data
How do I /setblock a piston extension that is pushing a block?
--MCweb 03:09, 14 August 2016 (UTC)