- 1 Eating mushrooms?
- 2 Spawn Preventing
- 3 Unkillable pig O.O
- 4 Always drop 2 chops when killed by fire?
- 5 Invincible Pigs on MP
- 6 Cooked Porkchop
- 7 3 drops?
- 8 Lit Inventory Bar
- 9 Dimensions (mainly Height) of the mob
- 10 Pigs in Minecraft 0.24 - Add to history?
- 11 Pigs will be properly modelled in 1.8
- 12 Needsm ore snout
- 13 Pigs v. Cows
- 14 New Image of pig model
- 15 Possible Dimensions Bug
- 16 Babies are forever alone
- 17 Bugs
- 18 Why cant we kill animals since the update on the 360?
- 19 pigs in the nether
- 20 In SSP saddled pigs will not be able to breed.
- 21 pigs going through doors!!
- 22 FavoriteMob
- 23 Pigs Farting
- 24 no porkchop
- 25 Pigs now have a rare drop of leather?
- 26 Verifying History in 1.2.4
- No, they dont eat mushrooms! They used to give mushrooms when killed, and, what do you think of the new pig image? MoonBeans 22:38, 27 November 2010 (CST)
I am 100% sure they ate mushrooms in Survival Test. I do not want to re-add this, however, until it has been further discussed. IKaleb 02:08, 12 February 2011 (UTC)
Is there a way to prevent friendly spawn while still preventing aggressive spawns? I'm trying to farm and every time I come back the ground is trampled and I have a pig or some chickens running around. --Zenubis 20:48, 22 January 2011
- Fence off the area and replace all grass with something else. –ultradude25 (T|C) at 04:25, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
- If it's multiplayer, there's something in the properties file that can prevent it. hotdogPi--t--c--QUIZ! 19:33, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
Unkillable pig O.O
I turn a zombie spawner into a pig spawner... but does someone know why I can't kill them? Aren't they suppose to be like normal pigs?
- On SMP pigs from pig spawner cannot be killed as they are client side. –minepro97 (T|C) at 04:25, 23 January 2011 (UTC)
Always drop 2 chops when killed by fire?
When i set pigs on fire with a fire-starter it dropped 2 pork chops each time for all 8 pigs i tried. Can someone confirm that this is always true.
No, you just got extremely lucky on your spawning. It is likely that it will drop 2 pork, but not always. Bubblebust 16:46, 28 February 2011 (UTC)
Invincible Pigs on MP
all pigs on Multiplayer are invincible. there is 1 exception, Craftbukkit servers. on a craftbukkit server you can kill pigs.
- Only PIG SPAWNER pigs are invincible in SMP all other pigs should be killable unless there is lots of lag in which you can try and hit where you think they are going to be.... –minepro97 (T|C) at 00:42, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
Ben trying to get the When pigs fly achievement, but that always puts me right next to my netherack, so they keep dying by fire. but when they do die, they drop a cooked porkchop? That would make it seem far more efficient to burn them to death rather than hit them.
triangle1: what are you trying to say? to me it seems your making a statement, but there is a question mark wich implies you'r asking a question, and you finnish by sounding like your making a suggestion. please explain.
Also i don't even understand the main idea behind your writing, you start off by saying you are doing the flying pig achievment but then STATE pigs DO drop a cooked porkchop on death by fire, SUGGEST if so it WOULD be more efficient.
this text seems very conveluted and confusing, please clarrify
- Yes they do drop a cooked porkchop when killed by fire or while on fire. Yes this is much more efficiant and you never have to cook a porchop again (give raw pork to your wolves and kill pigs by flint & steel to get cooked pork). –minepro97 (T|C) at 00:42, 29 April 2011 (UTC)
maybe, you are unlucky. :( 22.214.171.124 03:23, 15 July 2013 (UTC)
Lit Inventory Bar
I was on a minecraft server (PCG server) and I went to the nether.There was a pig spawner there with grass around(spawned in),and there was enough light,so a couple of pigs spawned.When I looked at a pig,my invertory bar(the one at the bottom of the screen) lit up,as if I had been looking at a zombie pigman.There were no zombie pigmen around.I tried a few times and the results were the same. It seems to occur on singleplayer as well.When I spawned some pigs in the nether and faced them,my invertory bar lit up again. When I spawned a zombie pigman in the overworld and faced them,my inventory bar did NOT light up. I know pigs turn into zomebie pigmen when struck by lightning,but are they the same?Does pig = zombie pigman? Can anyone comfirm/explain this?Thanks.I know its not a bug,(pigs don't ordinarily spawn in the nether) but I'm just curious. Wilsonang123 09:03, 17 June 2011 (UTC)
I'm pretty sure they have simmilar coding. im not really sure... im not good with that. i dont know how to respond correctlly, but my MC username is TacoBellLover123 and its 8:36 PM EST 6/23/2012
Dimensions (mainly Height) of the mob
Pig = 1.875 blocks tall, 0.625 blocks wide and 1.25 blocks long.
Sheep = 1.25 blocks tall, 0.625 blocks wide and 1.4375 blocks long.
Where does this info come from? For me it seems to be quite the other way around. Pigs are noticeably shorter than sheep. Proof:
I noticed this when pigs kept going through 1 block high holes all the time, but sheep weren't. Also I consider this somewhat important information for trap-planning. Can someone look into this and confirm the heights (all the dimensions) or correct it?
(Posted it on the Talk:Sheep page too. Sorry if I shouldn't have.) Blaz 07:36, 15 August 2011 (UTC)
- Is it possible that the dimensions given are reversed? Starfire2999 20:49, 10 August 2013 (UTC)
Pigs in Minecraft 0.24 - Add to history?
Pigs will be properly modelled in 1.8
Needsm ore snout
Need image of the new snouted pig in the infobox. --Ecksearoh 14:48, 14 September 2011 (UTC)
Pigs v. Cows
What advantage do pigs have over cows? Before, pigs were the only source of meat; now, cows drop more meat of equal effectiveness, in addition to the leather and milk they had before. Is there any use for pigs anymore? FatherToast 00:23, 15 September 2011 (UTC)
- Pigs are (by my observations at least) far more common than cows, so they're an easy source of meat early-game. In terms of handling they're smaller, a bit more energetic, and much more quiet than cows. Lastly as we all know, if you have a saddle you can ride them (which is just for your amusement). I think all these factors balance out the pig, even though many breeders don't find them useful. If Mojang wants to improve pigs for breeding animals, my recommendation would be 1.) make pigs mature faster, and 2.) create a way to guide pigs while riding (apple on a fishing pole or whatnot). Pareidolon 04:48, 6 March 2012 (UTC)
- Well, you can control pigs now! hotdogPi--t--c--QUIZ! 19:33, 27 March 2013 (UTC)
New Image of pig model
Someone should change the image of the pig to the new model that reflect the changes made in Beta 1.8 (i.e. the nose). Same also applies to the cooked porkchop image.
Possible Dimensions Bug
I found this bug when I was trying to maximize the output of my pig cooker in SMP. So, the hole that the items drop down in is 1x1 (one block wide, one block long). With a ladder, the pigs do not fall down the hole, however, without it, the pigs fall down the hole and defeat the purpose of it. Pigs are 1.25 blocks wide according to the article, and they are obviously more than one block long just by looking at them. Is this a bug or not? Inquisitribble 20:44, 28 September 2011 (UTC)
Probably not. Otherwise, pigs would have to have a huge hole to move through a wall, and I've experienced an opposite image problem with medium slimes. They appear to have the same dimensions as a block, but can't go through a one-block opening. Miraklemax 21:30, 17 March 2013 (UTC)
Babies are forever alone
I just saw this happen a few minutes ago, but I had six pigs in a dirt pen. I came in carrying 15 wheat and I dropped in the top. I started pairing up the pigs to breed, and by the time I was done, for one reason or another, all of the adult pigs were following the first baby I spawned - and only that baby! The other two were ever so adorably alone, but I'm worried. IS this a worrysome glitch? Shalberus 00:57, 21 December 2011 (UTC)
Whenever i spawn a pig in creative mode, they run around in circles at high speeds. Is this a bug? Maxwell the scribblenaut 00:06, 26 April 2012 (UTC)
I had a sharpness V diamond sword and I attacked the pig. Sharpness I deals 1(1 () to 2 (2 () damage so sharpness V deals 5 (5 () to 10 (10 () damage. That's enough to to kill a pig in one hit, but I cannot. It takes 2 hits to kill it. It seems like it has 24 health (24 ( × 12).Is this a bug?
Why cant we kill animals since the update on the 360?
pigs in the nether
i am doing skyblock on my laptop and when i went in to the nether today the first thing i noticed was a pig a regular pig in the nether is this a bug or are pigs suposed to spawn there?
It is most likely that a pig walked into your portal. 126.96.36.199 13:09, 23 March 2013 (UTC)
In SSP saddled pigs will not be able to breed.
On reading that "In SSP saddled pigs will not be able to breed." I wanted to see if this was true or not and I and i found it to not be true you must sneak and right click the pigs with a carrot. if anyone else can confirm that it should be removed from the bugs list thanks!
188.8.131.52 01:44, 30 January 2013 (UTC)
pigs going through doors!!
Pigs are going through closed doors! Bug or not it happens with Creepers if anyone else has had this prob write about it. I'm not sure if its true on Pc (computer, laptop) But it happens on xbox360 and its freaking me out and I only got the game 3 days ago!
This Mob is good! how do they do it?
So I was in creative, and I was constructing some lab themed farms. I used a dispenser to spawn pigs, and on every thirteenth pig, the pig spawned would fart. Seriously, it made a tooting noise and particles came out of it's feet.
LOL :D 184.108.40.206 03:31, 15 July 2013 (UTC)
I got raw beef from a pig in minecraft xbox 360. is this normal?Pikmin guy 13:49, 30 July 2013 (UTC)
Pigs now have a rare drop of leather?
I was killing pigs in a survival world and one of them dropped leather. Can I get a confirmation? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 21:03, 15 June 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Not in 1.10. Anomie x (talk) 21:29, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
- The loot tables for pigs in 1.9.4 and 1.10 only contain porkchop and a smelting option if killed with fire (supposed to give cooked porkchop).
- I'd say, Kill some more and see if you can reproduce it, and also check to see if that bug is on the bug tracker. If you can reproduce it, and it's not already on the bug tracker, go ahead and make a ticket.
- More likely though, I bet you there was a cow you'd killed nearby recently. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 21:33, 15 June 2016 (UTC)
Verifying History in 1.2.4
I tried to verify the information in the history portion, where it says that in 1.2.4 baby pigs cannot be saddled. I launched 1.2.4, but Minecraft crashed. Error logs: --- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 7cf3a456 -------- Generated 5/21/19 8:47 AM
Minecraft: Minecraft 1.2.4
OS: Windows 10 (amd64) version 10.0
Java: 1.8.0_51, Oracle Corporation
VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (mixed mode), Oracle Corporation
OpenGL: Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 version 4.5.0 - Build 18.104.22.16892, Intel
--- END ERROR REPORT 6f312fc7 ----------
Anyone else having this problem? And if so, how to fix it?