Talk:PC Gamer Demo
- The demo map was generated using an older version of Minecraft (Beta 1.3, most likely). The world generation process has changed several times since then. --Legoless 12:32, 10 March 2012 (UTC)
- Wait, so is this demo Beta 1.3, like it says in the article, or is it the latest version? You're confuzzling me. :/ —188.8.131.52 05:50, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- The PC Gamer demo this article is about is a modified version of Beta 1.3 . The upcoming, non-beta 1.3 (an unfortunately confusing coincidence) will include a demo mode that a) is different, and b) will be documented in a separate article. -- Orthotope 06:16, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
Right after I deleted my demo world I started a new one. And I was in the same world again. All things I did where still there: My house still stood, the forest was still missing (because I burned it down), the chest at the spawn was empty, only my inventory has been reseted. Maybe we could add that as a bug because the demo is not meant to last longer than 100 minutes at least in the same world. Also I noticed that the debug screen doesn't work. --☺ Sven ? ! 19:27, 28 April 2012 (UTC)
- The missing debug screen probably isn't a bug. New players would probably be confused by all of the debug information, so they disabled it. -- Luke18033 (talk) 19:51, 16 May 2016 (UTC)
Did the far lands exist in the demo?
The Far Lands did exist in PC Gamer Demo. Just checked using NBTEdit. --5t3in3r5 08:05, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
Turn creation images into GIF.
- Any animated gifs with more than 12.5 million total pixels (counting all frames) will not be animated unless viewed at full size. Resizing images is computationally intensive, so this limit is intended to keep the server from getting bogged down trying to process large files. Reducing the number of frames is probably the best solution in this case. -- Orthotopetalk 18:47, 15 May 2016 (UTC)
- How many megabytes is the file? Last time I checked, the maximum size was 8 MB. 02:23, 17 May 2016 (UTC)
I think the name "PC Gamer Demo" would better suit the article. The "Minecraft" bit is redundant, considering this entire wiki is about Minecraft. Thoughts? ―HalfOfAKebab (talk, contribs) 18:46, 14 May 2018 (UTC)
- Support per nom and comments.--Talk to me 01:54, 15 May 2018 (UTC)
- Moved – Nixinova 04:27, 15 May 2018 (UTC)