||Please use the 'Add Topic' button, adding topics at the bottom of the page, and sign your posts with ~~~~.
The following is a closed discussion of a proposed merge. Please do not modify it. Any editors wishing to make further comments should start a new topic.
The result of the discussion was merge Red Nether Brick with Nether Brick.
I have suggested this page to be merged with Red Nether Brick. They have the same behavior in most ways, except recipe, no generation, and no slab/stair/fence variations. Right now, the only description for Red Nether Brick is "Red nether bricks are purely decorative. They do not have any slab, stair, or fence variations." I don't think that warrants its own page. It is kind of like how the planks all share one page. Or Stone bricks. -PancakeMan77 (talk) 13:15, 22 May 2016 (UTC)
Tending to support. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 14:18, 22 May 2016 (UTC)
- I do Support but with the caveat that we ought to Wait until release to really decide: I agree with comments by 126.96.36.199 and AttemptToCallNil below. I initially wasn't throwing my full weight behind my support, and they put their finger on the reason. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 14:53, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support. –LauraFi - talk 15:56, 22 May 2016 (UTC)
- Support It makes sense to me, considering that Sand and Red Sand are both on one page as well. Besides the crafting recipe, and aesthetics, there is literally no difference between the two nether bricks. I fully support this merge. Superspace (talk) 21:12, 22 May 2016 (UTC)
- Though after reading the other comments on this topic I'm also inclined to Wait until 1.10 is out, just in case any dramatic changes are made to the block. Superspace (talk) 04:23, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
- Reject If the red nether bricks stay the same as they are in this first snapshot, I support this merge, but I think that this should be postponed until the actual release of 1.10 is out, as there may be a new structure involved with them, which would warrant its own page. 188.8.131.52 14:26, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
- Weak Oppose (close to neutral), as the red brick block is not yet released and is more likely to receive major changes that would make merging undesired. Generalizing question: should we implement guidelines to disallow merging articles about upcoming content with articles about released content? --AttemptToCallNil, previously known as GreenStone (report bug, view backtrace) 14:36, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
- After reading the comments, I agree with the idea that we should wait to merge pages until the full release. As for AttemptToCaliNil's idea about the guideline thing, that could be a good idea. -PancakeMan77 (talk) 21:20, 23 May 2016 (UTC)
- I agree that we should hold off on merging snapshot features until they appear in a release version. These feature are often a work in progress, so the reasons we present for merging (or not) one day may be invalidated the next by a new snapshot. For example, I have no strong opinion on this merge at the moment, but would be much more in favor of it if they add red nether brick stairs/slabs/fences with corresponding crafting recipes. -- Orthotopetalk 01:07, 24 May 2016 (UTC)
For bricks, the pages brick and bricks refer to the block and the item, respectively. For consistency, we should either move the brick pages to match nether brick or move the nether brick pages to match brick. I would support having both pairs of pages as singular for the item and plural for the block. It is awkward to show parentheses in the title if avoidable (e.g., the Melon (block) page). The Blobs 02:18, 20 May 2018 (UTC)
- The in-game name for the brick item and block is "Brick" and "Bricks", whereas here both the item and block are called "Nether Brick", hence the disambiguation. –Majr ᐸ Talk
Contribs 09:40, 22 May 2018 (UTC)