|This is an archive page of Talk:Multiplayer. Do not edit this page.|
New sections can be added at the current talk page.
- 1 Can't type color
- 2 Server error
- 3 chatbalk doesn't work
- 4 Network Computers for Multiplayer?
- 5 Unable to log in
- 6 Unpublish
- 7 Can't find published games on my LAN
- 8 Multiplayer online for ios and android
- 9 Hamachi LAN
- 10 Multiplayer only on LAN
- 11 LAN for PC + XBOX?
- 12 LAN and Single Player Servers
- 13 The "§ " Symbol
- 14 multiplayer problem
- 15 1.6+1.5
- 16 Chat
- 17 multiplayer
Can't type color
I tried using "§" in multiplayer but I got kicked, it seems that you are not allowed to use it anymore. (Disconnected By Server - Illegal Characters in Chat)01:52, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
I got this same problem (minecraft 1.2.3). the section sign isn't working for me anymore after the update.19:28, 11 March 2012 (UTC)
- Mojang updated it; now vanilla clients can't enter §, the section symbol. Probably a bug. - 05:17, 24 March 2012 (UTC)
Intended - was made so players can't write colored stuff in chat (if you paste a § sign in chat and press enter, it kicks you). Calinou -× » 12:39, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
If you are running a vanilla server, you're out of luck. If you are running bukkit however, this is included in the plugin Essentials!
I think the way to use the symbol is to use it in /say, as it isn't you typing it in chat.( ) 16:25, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
I own a small 8-20 player server, and occasionally I get an error that kicks everyone from the server. They can join again, but I wanted to know of a way to fix this, because it's annoying.
ERROR: http://pastie.org/3843306 –Preceding unsigned comment was added by ( | ) 11:59, 1 May 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Wiki talk pages are not for support - please use the forums instead. Calinou -× » 12:38, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
Actually, this is the discussion page, so at least know that discussion is the same type as forums.
Discussion pages are for discussing anything about the page, for this one being Multiplayer.( ) 16:23, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
chatbalk doesn't work
hey i got a question about my singleplayer map. i play creative mode and i want to use world edit but i can't because when ik press 'T' it does'nt work (need that for the commands). please help :) –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( ) 12:35, 8 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- You don't mention which version you're using. Single-player chat/commands are currently only available in pre-release snapshots, not 1.2.5 . If you're having issues with a particular mod, check that mod's forum thread or website for help. --
- Of course it doesn't work... Chat is for multiplayer... Or it was, until a previous update...
Network Computers for Multiplayer?
My boyfriend wants to play Minecraft with me, but previous MMO experience makes him hesitant to join a Multiplayer server. Is there a way of networking our two computers, each with their own copy of Minecraft, so we can play in a shared world only the two of us can access?
~~ Alorxico –The preceding undated comment was added on 19:25, 12 June 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Yes, you can set up a private server. The inexpensive option is to run it on one of your own computers; see . This requires a moderately powerful computer (i.e., not a laptop) and knowledge of network configuration; it's a bit easier if you're on the same local network. The alternative is to rent a hosted server; see links at . Competition keeps the prices low (around $10/month), and it requires less technical knowledge to set up, and has fewer security concerns. In either case, if you use the whitelist to allow only your two accounts, no one else will be able to connect to it. -- 03:00, 13 June 2012 (UTC)
- Alternatively, you could open up a single player world, open it to LAN, and have you both on the same network. It's simple, and it's free. Note: when the host logs out of the world, the world closes. ( ) 15:54, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
Unable to log in
I buyed the game Minecraft and then loaded the game up. Though it's a little annoying that it didn't occur to load up onto my desktop (I have a special internet tab that will run out soon) it came up anyways. You see, when I tried logging in it said Username not premium. I tried again and again but it still wouldn't work. Does anybody have the same error - or do they know how to fix this? (PS: I'm quite serious, I actually forgot my damn username.)
Please don't swear. And I don't know how to fix it, nor have I experienced the problem. 03:52, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
I published my singleplayer world through LAN. How do I unpublish it back?10:23, 14 July 2012 (UTC)
Exit the world, then load it again. --14:56, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
Can't find published games on my LAN
My sons want to try the new publish on LAN, to play at home. But we can't find any published games. Both computers is on the same router, but one of them is connected with wifi.
So to do it, you must have both of them on the same internet network For example, if the internet you use is called MyInternet, they both have to connect to that. Then one of them has to start a singleplayer world, press esc to open up the pause menu. After that, click the button that says start lan mode, and then change the settings that pop up to what you want, and the other son should find a lan mode server in the server list.
Multiplayer online for ios and android
Does any one know when they will put in multiplayer for mobile over the internet not just wifi. I think it would be awsome. Also, if they could make it so you can play minecraft on your computer and then open it up on you mobile device. That would be perfect and prob make them more money
How is the video Against the Video Policy?
There are no voices in the video and I read the video policy and my video comply's.
The tutorial has been moved to the tutorials section under technical tutorials. The Video does still comply with the Policy.
Multiplayer only on LAN
my multiplayer will only try to connect to the router games but i don't know how to get it anywhere else so i can only play multiplayer
12:34, 21 March 2013 (UTC) ochodosguy
LAN for PC + XBOX?
Is it possible for a PC user and an XBOX user to play together in the same world over a LAN? (Alternatively, is it possible for an XBOX user to play on a computer without having to buy the game all over again?) --19:58, 6 May 2013 (UTC)
- No; the only way they'd be able to play together is if both versions had the exact same feature set, which they don't. They're separate products, so buying one does not give you the other. -- 02:24, 7 May 2013 (UTC)
LAN and Single Player Servers
Hey guys! This just started happening to me. I try to join my survival server, but it takes forever for it to load and Minecraft keeps crashing. Also, my sisters LAN worlds do not show up on my Multiplayer screen. She can't join my LAN world either, because Minecraft crashes for her when she tries to join. Anybody have suggestions on what to do?--17:45, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
The "§ " Symbol
Its me again! So I have been scrolling down the LAN info page, when I saw how to do colored chat. My keyboard doesn't have the "§ " Symbol so I can't do it. Copy and paste won't work on Minecraft. Any suggestions on what to do?--17:47, 24 June 2013 (UTC)
- No keyboards that I know of do. It can be typed by pressing Alt-2-1, but Alt codes do not work in Minecraft. You can however copy-paste by highlighting text, pressing Ctrl+C and then, in Minecraft, pressing Ctrl+V. To highlight text inside Minecraft, hold Shift and use the arrow keys. ( ) 12:22, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
every time I log into minecraft and click on multiplayer it says no connection.I don't know if anyone else has this problem please tell me if you do.--21:04, 7 July 2013 (UTC)
- Try checking your internet connection of your computer. Try rebooting the modem or other internet outputs. If it doesn't work, sorry.... ( ) 15:48, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
so i have 1.6 and my bro has a realy slow laptop so he cant load 1.6 sooooooo... can a 1.6 user and a 1.5 user do LAN?
- No. Only the same versions can play LAN. ( ) 12:22, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
Should chat have it's own page? After all, chat works in Singleplayer too. And in 1.7 the chat system is completely improved with links and buttons and tooltips. I think there is enough information for a whole page.( ) 12:22, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
- While I'm waiting for feedback, I'll make one in my userspace. ( ) 12:51, 28 September 2013 (UTC)
- I want the Chat section to show how many characters it can have. Either I will return with the amount, or I will return seeing that it is already put. ( ) 14:06, 23 November 2015 (UTC)
I'm wondering how many players can go on one server?
- Look in the upper right hand corner of that server, and the second number/denominator is the maximum amount of players available on that server. Certain servers can go above the usual 20 player limit, such as Mineplex, at IP eu.mineplex.com or us.mineplex.com. ( ) 15:45, 23 November 2015 (UTC)