Removed Stub[edit source]
I removed the stub for the page. I couldn't think of anything else to add on about Monster Eggs. --ThingStuffObject 21:36, 23 May 2012 (UTC)
citation on name[edit source]
Does anyone have a citation on the name of this block? If not, it should just be renamed "Block 97", as it's kind of stupid to have a fanmade name for an article title when there's something more official that can be used. --Ancientpower 17:33, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
- Download the 12w21b snapshot and look in the creative mode inventory, between Jack O' Lantern and Stone Bricks: Stone Monster Egg. -- Orthotope 01:02, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- Citation? LOL just look in the game code yourself then (or creative inventory if it's an available item/block). People don't usually create/rename articles for fun. - Asterick6 (talk) 02:23, 17 June 2012 (UTC)
pick up monster egg in 1.2.5 creative[edit source]
1. place a cobblestone block, 2. spawn a silverfish in it, 3. use the pick-block key. these are stackable. Flash5 14:59, 18 June 2012 (UTC)
Monster Egg Generation Pattern[edit source]
I'm using 14w21b, and after replacing lots of regular stone blocks with air (via /fill) I realized that Stone Monster Eggs generate (in extreme hills) like ores: in "veins".
Monster Egg effects on spawners[edit source]
It appears that when more of the stone bricks in a stronghold near a silverfish spawner are monster eggs, less silverfish will spawn.18.104.22.168 13:34, 20 June 2016 (UTC)
The lead text indicates that these blocks are in the Console Edition. Can anyone help figure out when / whether that is true? (BDJP007301, maybe?) And if so, when they were added? Thanks!
- According to the patch notes at the Xbox 360 patch notes forum thread, silverfish themselves were added in Xbox 360 Console_Edition_version_history#TU5
- In the Monster Egg page history, An anon (single contribution) Special:Diff/414475 stated that they were added to Xbox 360 by the time of the edit, Dec 22, 2012, which was indeed after TU5.
- Further up the history, the next time that section was touched in any important way was when KnightMiner cleaned up for style, Special:Diff/703318, Aug 21, 2014.
- None of the patch notes at Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation Vita, Wii U mention 'Monster Egg' or 'Silverfish Block' being added.
- BDJP007301, do you know whether Monster Eggs are in WiiU, and if so, what they're named? – Sealbudsman talk/contr 01:31, 1 September 2016 (UTC)
- (Apologies in advance if my comment broke some things.) Seal, yes, these Monster eggs are in the Wii U Edition. In-game, they are known as the following:
- * Silverfish Stone
- * Silverfish Cobblestone
- * Silverfish Stone Brick
- * Silverfish Mossy Stone Brick
- * Silverfish Cracked Stone Brick
- * Silverfish Chiseled Stone Brick
- So far, it appears these were added when the Wii U Edition was released in 2015. After going through the Console Edition version history page and scrolling through the respective changelogs, there was not even one mention of them being added to the game. The only conclusion that can come to my mind is that someone just basically forgot to mention them as being added in an update. -BDJP (t|c) 02:07, 1 September 2016 (UTC)