- 1 The recipe for rings.
- 2 Duengeon Videos
- 3 Dungeon boss kills don't send you to the nether.
- 4 Soft Landing after Falling to Earth
- 5 Portal Creation after falling to Earth
- 6 Gold Dungeons
- 7 Confirmed Compatibility
- 8 Compatability with other mods...
- 9 strange nether bug...
- 10 TooManyItems
- 11 Can I add something?
- 12 how to do this..
- 13 Updating the Aether pages
- 14 Main Page Overhaul
- 15 Aether II
- 16 The giant load of pages on this simple mod
- 17 SkylandsTM
- 18 HP computers
- 19 Outdated section get!
- 20 Problems about capitalization
- 21 Redirect all Aether-related pages to the Aether Wiki
The recipe for rings.
|Ingredients||Input » Output|
That's how you make an iron ring. Gold ingots make gold rings.
- Zanite gemstones make zanite rings. Which increase mining speed. --MConor 17:07, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- Make pictures for all of them with output and add them to 'New crafting Recipes' I'd say. --Jorp99 17:26, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
I think these should not be on this page but in the main article. --Jorp99 17:44, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
Bronze and silver dungeon videos have been moved to their main article. Main article for Gold Dungeon does not yet exist. --Jorp99 12:23, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
Dungeon boss kills don't send you to the nether.
I have been killed by dungeon bosses several times and I have never spawned in the Nether. The reason that I do not just remove this from the page is because I already did so earlier today and I don't want to invoke an edit war. Do you have Single Player Commands installed because that would be the reason that you spawn in the nether? --Jorp99 12:19, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
- Agree, at least for Bronze dungeon bosses. Dying will send you back to your spawn point, and the room will re-open allowing you access to your dropped items. The Bronze boss becomes inactive (in its new position), but seems to retain old damage. This could be specific to Silver or Gold dungeons perhaps? Pareidolon 20:58, 26 July 2011 (UTC)
Soft Landing after Falling to Earth
I'm finding that I don't fall very fast or suffer fall damage when falling from the Aether "floor." Furthermore this goes on for a few seconds after I land. Anyone else experience this? Pareidolon 00:44, 27 July 2011 (UTC)
- It's only happened once or twice, but yeah, I've seen i happen to me as well. Alfinchkid 04:02, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, I just re-read the paragraph "Aether Realm" on the main page, and it seems that it's likely a feature of playing on peaceful. Alfinchkid 04:06, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- Ah, I'm caught red-handed! Pareidolon 09:12, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
Portal Creation after falling to Earth
It seems that every time I fall through the Aether floor back to Earth, a new Aether portal (glowstone with blue portal blocks) appears below me either as I land or glide down. I remember that was a known bug for a while with the Nether (and may still be for all I know), so I'm assuming it's a bug here, too. Alfinchkid 04:02, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
- I haven't noticed this, but I was suspiciously falling on top of my portal all but once (and there may have been a portal under the mountain that time for all I know). Also another strange thing was that I tried breaking my portal to connect it to another; apparently it was too far away because it made a new portal on top of the old one two or three times in a row. Pareidolon 09:12, 28 July 2011 (UTC)
So I was playing in a gold dungeon today, and I managed to beat it. I've seen BlueXephos and others beat the boss, by reflecting the ice thing back at the boss, but I found a much simpler way to do it. If you have the Hammer of Notch, you can just shoot the boss constantly, and when he drops the ice thing, the hammer will hit it, and freeze the boss. Anybody else thought of it already? Amafoof 19:03, 30 July 2011 (UTC)Foofie
Let's put here the compatibility with other mods.
CONFIRMED COMPATIBILITY WITH:
- Clay Soldier Mod
- Twilight Forest
- Tropicraft (ID changes required)
- Industrial Craft 2 (ID changes required)(some minor problems like Nano saber damaging the slider)
- Buildcraft 3
- Thaumcraft 2
- Equivalent Exchange 2
Compatability with other mods...
I'm pretty sure that this mod, or one of the mods necessary for its installation, is incompatible with the portalgun mod (objects from the games portal/Portal 2 for those unfamiliar with it). Would like verification on this fact, as I noted that the "Incompatible mods" section on the actual page is blank at the time of me writing this.
What I was doing at the time: Installed AudioMod, opened minecraft, It worked. Installed ShockAhPI v5, and It will no longer open. (I should probably note that I had installed the other mods long before today... for some reason on the error report it only shows the portalgun mod, and millenaire, when i also have Airships, single player commands, worldedit, CCTV camera mod, and Better Than Wolves installed at the time and none of them appear on the error message...)
Error Message (or what I managed to get a screenshot of before the game crashed):
Mods loaded: 4 ModLoader Beta 1.7.3 mod_Millenaire Millenaire 0.9 mod_PortalGun 1.7.3v4 mod_PortalGun 1.7.3v4
Minecraft has crashed! -------------------
Minecraft has stopped running because it encountered a problem. (ect...)
--- BEGIN ERROR REPORT 5822c4da --------- Generated 7/31/11 10:37 AM
Minecraft: Minecraft Beta 1.7.3
And thats all I can see before the window disappears...
Sorry if this is unhelpful, unnecessary, or proves nothing except that I'm incompetent, but I thought you might want to know...
yes happends to me..................................... its because crazy modloader. just try 1mod at a time or download the,m one at a time or, downloadthat mod for data value like its name is idresolver or ya! long yo right..
strange nether bug...
I was messing around in a bronze dungeon, i logged out for a little bit, and logged back on inside the dungeon... anyways, I then died (i had not slept in a bed to reset spawn yet) and it took me to what appears to be the neather... the sky is red, there is no terrain whatsoever, just a flat bedrock ground, and I cant place any blocks, so Im stuck there... Which kinda sucks...
- That seems to happen when you're using the Single Player Commands mod, so you can use SPC to get you back to the overworld with the command:
/useportal normalPmw57 09:19, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- This seems to be the top void of the Nether, from what you're telling me. That will explain the bedrock, the not being able to place anything, the flat terrain and the red sky. This is probably just a glitch. Switch onto creative mode, dig down and if you begin to see Netherrack then I'm right. If not, it's probably, like, a failed Nether model created by Notch, who later tried to get rid of it. --188.8.131.52 14:23, 15 August 2013 (UTC)
Where is the config file with TMIHidden=false? I cant find it.
- It's in
.minecraft/config/mod_Aether.cfgPmw57 09:21, 19 July 2012 (UTC)
- From the 1.9 pre-release 2 version it's in the
.minecraft/config/Aether.cfgfile instead Pmw57 13:54, 25 July 2012 (UTC)
Can I add something?
I would like to add a box I made to some of the block pages. It looks like: User talk:184.108.40.206/Testpage/BlockBox And the code is "User:220.127.116.11/Testpage/BlockBox" Thx!18.104.22.168 23:10, 16 November 2011 (UTC)
how to do this..
how do i edit were it says Aether mod and has icons and the name? i want to change a ? to a personol picture. (Bad Grammer alert!) Scarecrow1000 01:15, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Updating the Aether pages
Main Page Overhaul
Right, so I'm in the process of applying the wiki's mod guidelines to this page. My progress is chronicled here.
At the time of writing I'm still going through and adding the dec/hex/stuff for items. What I really need is a comprehensive list of crafting/enchanting recipes for their sections. Also, I'm wondering what to do about blocks that use damage values, like enchanted Aether grass (dec 167:1). I'm not really sure how those would go on the table and how their hexes work.
We also seem to be missing a few grid images. I'd list them, but looking at the page makes it pretty clear which ones need made. I'm not really sure how to make a special "grid" image.
That should be it for now. If anyone else has anything to point out about what I'm doing wrong, that'd be appreciated.
--TheUltamate 20:13, 3 November 2012 (UTC)
As you may know, the new 2.0 version of the Aether mod has been shown by several YouTubers and (I believe) now released. Should this page be updated, or as it is somewhat a new mod, should we begin working on a new page for it? whizzer0 16:50, 14 June 2013 (UTC)
- No need. Just introducing II with this page is ok.--SolidBlock (not good at English!) 23:21, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
The giant load of pages on this simple mod
Can we just combine all the pages on mobs into one mobs page, items on an items page, blocks on a blocks page, etc... I mean, look at the category stub, and you will see half of them are just aether mod pages. -Creepergoboom64 18:07, 16 June 2013 (UTC)
This place always reminds me of SkylandsTM, the mysterious floating islands the SkylandersTMseries are based on. SkylandsTM even has flying whale-like creatures similar to the ones in the Aether. Could someone please add that they are similar?--22.214.171.124 07:05, 30 June 2013 (UTC)
P.S: I did try to link it and put pics but it didn't work. If someone figures how to do this it would be great!
-- While this mod may remind you of Skylanders, this is the Minecraft Wiki and putting links and images of another game is (as far as I know) regarded as advertising, and so shouldn't be on an article. whizzer0 12:04, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
will there be a Ather mod for HP computers? I'm a little disappointed.126.96.36.199 13:22, 22 July 2013 (UTC)
--I'm not sure what you mean. I have an HP computer and it runs fine. --whizzer0 12:07, 5 August 2013 (UTC)
Outdated section get!
This page stated that it uses Player API. Player API is no longer used, instead, it uses Gilded Game Utility, as it now belongs to Gilded Games. --188.8.131.52 10:34, 30 June 2015 (UTC)
Problems about capitalization
Why are many of the aether blocks are caped? For example, Mods/The Aether/Aether Dirt (expected aether dirt). See Minecraft Wiki:Style guide#Capitalization.--SolidBlock (not good at English!) 23:23, 30 September 2017 (UTC)
(I brought this up earlier in the Minecraft Wiki Discord) Recently, I've seen changes made to Aether-related pages (mostly link changes). Wouldn't it be better to (soft) redirect all those pages to the Gamepedia Aether Wiki? I'm fairly certain all their content is more up-to-date than we have here, so that would be a big plus of doing so. We then also don't have to do much maintenance after all redirects have been made, if at all.
As for making the pages into a redirect, I'd suggest adding the prefix
aether to the interwiki table, so that we don't have to work with all those URLs. —DarkShadowTNT (t ♦ c) 22:58, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
- Support. Considering we have a whole wiki devoted to that specific mod, I don't see any reason why we should have duplicate non-vanilla content here, particularly because there is currently an ongoing discussion that seems to be slightly leaning towards removing all mod content from the wiki. I'll probably go ahead and create the
aetherinterwiki prefix.--Talk to me 23:06, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
- Added, for now, anyways.--Talk to me 23:11, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
- Yeah. I didn't think it'd hurt to go ahead and create the interwiki prefix, but I definitely think it would be nice to have some more comments from the community (or at least have the proposal up for one or two weeks with no objection) before progressing to redirect everything.--Talk to me 23:29, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
- Unless there are links to the various pages from the mod from elsewhere besides the collection of pages itself, redirecting the other content pages to this page, commenting out this page's contents, and linking to the wiki from here would probably be the best option if this is going through. DSquirrelGM𝓣𝓟𝓒 🗸 23:35, 30 July 2018 (UTC)
- I'm late, sorry, but, I Oppose, actually. The content on this wiki is, from what I've looked at, all for Aether I, whereas the content of the Aether Wiki is all for Aether II. I would say Aether I and Aether II are similar but different mods. -Xbony2 (GRASP) (FTB Wiki Admin) (talk) 21:29, 31 July 2018 (UTC)
- Actually, the aether wiki HAS a lot of information about the Aether I. 184.108.40.206 05:24, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Comment From the looks of it, Aether I is considered to be the previous version of Aether II. It also seems most of what's stated for Aether II goes for Aether I, with changes noted in the history section of the articles (for example on Ambrosium Shard and Zephyr). Therefore most of what's stated for Aether here is a duplicate of what's stated there (see for example our Skyroot Planks vs. their Skyroot Plank). —DarkShadowTNT (t ♦ c) 11:25, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- hmm, I see. As this appears to be the case, I retract my opposition. -Xbony2 (GRASP) (FTB Wiki Admin) (talk) 20:44, 1 August 2018 (UTC)
- Support Hello, I'm the main admin of said Aether Wiki. I'm in favor of this plan as we're considered the main wiki by the Aether devs (Gilded Games) and we're currently in the process of converting our wiki pages to use a version-tab system (you can see it at Sheepuff), both to differentiate content and preserve older content. Best of luck with this!--LaDestitute (talk) 05:10, 1 April 2019 (UTC)