Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Talk:Minecraft Wiki/Archive 8
|This is an archive page of Talk:Minecraft Wiki. Do not edit this page.|
New sections can be added at the current talk page.
Talk page archive for- Do not edit this page!
- 1 Planned game modes
- 2 World Generation
- 3 Does Minecraft...
- 4 Links - Reddit Communitys
- 5 How Big Does it Have to Be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
- 6 Adding Commands to "Popular and useful pages"
- 7 Game mode
- 8 Minecraft Pocket Edition weird items
- 9 redstone dispensers
- 10 1.8?
- 11 A new feature
- 12 might want to add spectator mode to game types
- 13 GeForce GTX 650 Ti - low Fps
- 14 Sprite CSS
- 15 Console Edition upcoming features link
- 16 Spectator Mode
- 17 Reddit Communities section under Links
- 18 "Offical" Minecraft Wiki?
- 19 Recent Updates
- 20 Move
Planned game modes
Do we still need the planned game modes section? it has never been talked about again. --| NL Admin 10:43, 4 January 2014 (UTC)
- Done –
⎜ 06:09, 4 January 2014 (UTC) ᐸ
The front page of the wiki links to practically all major subjects except generation. There should be an overview page (maybe there already is?) that lists all that goes into making minecraft worlds: biomes, hills, caves, structures, flora, nether, end, and also the history of these things.( ) 19:39, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
? -- Wiki Admin 19:48, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
- Or the article? -- | NL Admin 21:22, 6 January 2014 (UTC)
Each covers a lot of stuff, but Biomes misses world generation options, and The Overworld obviously excludes the other worlds. Maybe a new topic (World Generation?) could be made to cover all these.( ) 03:55, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
- ? ( ) 01:01, 9 January 2014 (UTC)
- was removed a while back; I wouldn't put new and old world generation on the same page. Maybe World generation/Old. ( ) 16:05, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
Does Minecraft have a server that people can play on?
- There are servers by other people out there. Check the forums to see them! ( ) 15:45, 14 January 2014 (UTC)
Links - Reddit Communitys
hello is there any chance http://www.reddit.com/r/MinecraftCE/ could be added under the reddit links section, it is a subreddit dedicated to all console versions. I am willing to discussion if anyone has any questions ( ) 03:57, 13 January 2014 (UTC)
» 13:31, 13 January 2014 (UTC) --tonkku107 «
How Big Does it Have to Be?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
Ok, so me and a bunch of my friends are playing skyblock and I am wondering how in the word an I suppose to fish to so some challenges, how big does the body of water have to be so I can fish –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) at 02:06, 15 January 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I think you can fish in any size of a pool, but I recommend 2x2x2 so your pole doesn't get that easly stuck to the ground.
Also, I think you should have looked at
» 12:12, 15 January 2014 (UTC)
Adding Commands to "Popular and useful pages"
Commands are now a big part of the game, so I think their page should be added into the useful pages box. Also, in the "version development" box, it says online multiplayer is planned for PE and texture packs are coming to Xbox 360 Edition. It should be changed, as they are implemented. PE should have "infinite worlds" and Xbox 360 (and PS3) edition TU14 --( ) 20:45, 30 January 2014 (UTC)
Add thegamemode to the front page. Add (snapshot) to it that way people know it's still being worked on. ( )
- It'd be better to either put it in an "Upcoming Gamemodes" section (there used to be one put they got rid of it), or just wait until 1.8 is officaly released to put it on. That way, we avoid much confusion.
- - · · 22:51, 6 February 2014 (UTC)
Minecraft Pocket Edition weird items
i found this realy weird item its a disc. But i play pe so how is there a disc in pe!!!! when i tap it weird smoke comes out of it. anyone had similar expirience?? sorry for bad english.-- ( ) 00:02, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
- Thats the unused | 05:29, 10 April 2014 (UTC) --
Hey guys, so i have been messing around with redstone lately, and i was wondering is there a way to set up a dispenser so it fires automatic instead of having to activate and deactivate it between every shot? (i'm on minecraft vanilla by the way) –Preceding unsigned comment was added by( • ) 12:45, 13 February 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Just connect the dispenser to the output of a , preferrably one that can be toggled so you can turn it off. -- 20:24, 13 February 2014 (UTC)
This was probably announced on facebook or twitter or whatever, but, some people (like me) don't have it. So, can someone give me the month of when it will come out?--( ) 21:21, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
A new feature
I would like to see this in 1.9: merging accounts. Is it possible?
- And what exactly would be merged? NOTHING is ever saved on Mojang's server about you except your username, password, and skin. (As far as I know) -- ( ) 00:00, 5 April 2014 (UTC)
might want to add spectator mode to game types
might want to add spectator mode to game types (or are we waiting until it's in something other than a snapshot?)( ) 11:13, 5 March 2014 (UTC)
GeForce GTX 650 Ti - low Fps
This Graphic card is meant to be really good but when I play minecraft it still lags a lot. I have low Fps and I was wondering if anybody could help.
Hi, could you please add the following CSS to the .sprite class?
image-rendering: -moz-crisp-edges; image-rendering: -o-crisp-edges; image-rendering: -webkit-optimize-contrast; image-rendering: crisp-edges; -ms-interpolation-mode: nearest-neighbor;
this would make upscales sprites, e.g. onlook better. ‒ 21:25, 28 March 2014 (UTC)
- It's already there and has been for some time. –
⎜ 22:33, 28 March 2014 (UTC) ᐸ
Since the upcoming features are general to Xbox 360, PS3 and the other upcoming versions, the Xbox 360 Edition upcoming features link should be changed to the link for Console Edition upcoming features.( ) 02:18, 3 April 2014 (UTC)
Shouldn't spectator mode be added to the list of game modes? --( ) 23:52, 4 April 2014 (UTC)
- Agreed. ( ) 13:14, 13 April 2014 (UTC)
Reddit Communities section under Links
The links directing to the pages seem to have a unneeded "/r/" in the display link. I am not talking about the link code itself, but what it is displayed as. Could someone with more knowledge and the proper privileges change it if possible?( ) 20:34, 14 April 2014 (UTC)
"Offical" Minecraft Wiki?
Ever since this wiki has started, it's been specifically said that the wiki is not offical and is completely community-driven. So why does the header for this page say the "Offical Minecraft Wiki"? Please change this, unless Mojang has said that this Wiki really is offical.
-· · 12:45, 16 April 2014 (UTC)
- changed it. Ask them. –
⎜ 12:50, 16 April 2014 (UTC) ᐸ , a curse staff
- Well... I'd say it is official. Although is not hosted by Mojang, it is absolutely supported by them. ~ 17:00, 23 April 2014 (UTC)
- I looked at the link you provided and it does appear that Mojang calls this wiki "official." I have also learned the correct spelling of that word. Thanks. - 05:05, 16 June 2014 (UTC) -
Shouldn't the "Recent Updates" section be updated with 1.7.8 and 1.7.7?( ) 21:16, 17 April 2014 (UTC)
- Only thing is that those updates are more like bug fix updates that fixed bugs from 1.7.7. –
21:31, 17 April 2014 (UTC) ᐸ
- 1.7.10 needs to be put up on the main page. ( ) 22:07, 3 July 2014 (UTC)
Somebody moved this page to User talk:Minecraft Wiki. I tried to move it back but accidentally moved it to Minecraft Wiki talk:Minecraft Wiki. Somebody with admin rights please move it back to the correct namespace. 16:14, 19 June 2014 (UTC) ~