We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|This page is only for discussing the Minecraft Wiki page.
Below are some common links to help you before you post.
- 1 Error Lua
- 2 IOS version is inaccurate
- 3 The TWO win10 versions
- 4 The Pocket edition 1.0.2 Is here!
- 5 New launcher released
- 6 Sold Copies
- 7 Category icons
- 8 Still says latest development version is 1.12-pre2
- 9 100 million sales
- 10 Pocket 1.1 released
- 11 Minecraft Switch subreddit
- 12 Xbox One version
- 13 Renaming
- 14 youtu.be
- 15 3DS edition
- 16 Apple TV should be listed under Bedrock, not Pocket + other little changes that should be made
- 17 Halloween theme
Lua error: Cannot create process: proc_open(): fork failed - Cannot allocate memory
- Majr is good with modules. He/she can probably fix the error. 18:35, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
- Is a bug that is affecting all of the wiki wiki(External error)
- Maybe Game widow can help. 19:34, 1 January 2017 (UTC)
IOS version is inaccurate
I have noticed that the IOS version is still 1.0, but it is actually 1.0.1. Could anyone with admin privileges correct this when you have the time? Thanks.--SamGamgee55 (talk) 00:49, 11 January 2017 (UTC)SamGamgee55
The TWO win10 versions
It was recently announced that Win10 cellphones have been abandoned by Win10 Edition, with 0.16.x being the last version for them. So Win10 Edition now has TWO latest versions, 1.0 for PC and 0.16.x for cellphone. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by WildBluntHickok (talk • contribs) at 4:55, 21 January 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Versions that are not supported are not shown here; the Pi Edition is not mentioned at all. 05:26, 21 January 2017 (UTC)
- The Windows 10 edition is computer exclusive. Windows 10 mobile uses the Windows Phone 8.1 edition, which has been abandoned. –Majr ᐸ Talk
Contribs 06:30, 21 January 2017 (UTC)
The Pocket edition 1.0.2 Is here!
The Pocket Edition is realsed January 19, 2017! But that version isn't at the Recent updates now. Are any Admin can add that version to Recent updates section? Jacie krece (talk) 18:27, 24 January 2017 (UTC)
New launcher released
- That sounds rather high. Where did you get the information? If it is not from Mojang, it is likely false. HelenAngel, how many copies were sold? 02:56, 17 April 2017 (UTC)
- Well, we've sold more than that by now since that was at the end of February but as of February 28th, yes, that number is correct- however, it includes ALL editions of Minecraft. So all the console editions, all the pocket editions, all the PC editions & Education Edition is included in that number. --HelenAngel (talk) 20:02, 18 April 2017 (UTC)
Why not make the border of each icons of categories (Gameplay, etc) to a separate file (maybe File:Categorybg.png or File:Categoryborder.png)? Just a suggestion. DentedHarp90041tc 07:23, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
- I don't see a need for category icons.
- Also, this talk page is for discussing the main page rather than the wiki as a whole. 14:46, 17 May 2017 (UTC)
Still says latest development version is 1.12-pre2
100 million sales
On June 2, 2016, Minecraft surpassed 100 million sales. I think this should be added to the main page. We've sold Minecraft many, many times! LOOK! [Mojang.com] – Nixinova • • 04:54, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
- It has been there since the start of the year, and currently mentions the much more up-to-date total of 122 million sales. –Majr ᐸ Talk
Contribs 05:11, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
- But I think it should be mentioned somewhere that that was the time where it surpasses 100 million – Nixinova • • 06:02, 25 May 2017 (UTC)
Pocket 1.1 released
Minecraft Switch subreddit
- Looks very unofficial to me. The background picture is not even Minecraft related, and none of the Mojang members are moderators. Then again, most of the subs are like that except /r/Minecraft. It raises the question on where to draw the line between "list all the subs" (which would be way to many) and "list the important ones" (what qualifies as important?). –KnightMiner t/c 22:09, 7 June 2017 (UTC)
Xbox One version
Why is the version for Xbox One listed as CU53? Xbox 360 is on TU53, but I'm pretty sure Xbox One is on CU43. The previous update was CU42, and the bugtracker also lists CU43 instead of CU53. The only source for CU53 is the forum post on minecraftforum by Padware, but that looks like a mistake. --Pepijn (talk) 22:01, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
- I've sent Padware a message asking for some clarification so there will be no doubt. --Pepijn (talk) 22:03, 14 June 2017 (UTC)
- We should probably wait with renaming anything till we have a decent plan, to avoid confusion. For anyone interested in helping, see Minecraft_Wiki:Projects/Renaming. --Pepijn (talk) 09:48, 15 June 2017 (UTC)
Can anyone explain why it's possible to cite articles with a youtube.com/watch URL, but not shortened youtu.be URLs? As far as I'm aware, the youtu.be URL shortener only ever links to the full youtube URL, and the video ID is in both links, so I wouldn't consider it deceptive or hiding anything. NickNackGus (talk) 14:50, 2 September 2017 (UTC)
- MCW:Admin noticeboard#youtu.be banned. Shorteners are blocked because, according to Orthotope, “the hide the true destination of links”. Also, there’s no significant reason to use shorteners, because saving a few characters doesn’t help much.
- You have wrote the message in the wrong place. It would be preferable to go to the Admin Noticeboard instead. — BabylonAS (talk | ru.Wiki Admin) (fka NickTheRed37) 15:11, 2 September 2017 (UTC)
What about 3DS edition, just released on 3DS? We've gotta add it to events and versions.
- Agreed- just came here to say this. It, like Education Edition, is a separate edition currently. It is a fork based off of Bedrock 0.15.1 but the gameplay is very fundamentally different. --HelenAngel (talk) 21:47, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
- Feel free to add it here; I've made a new section for Bedrock Edition, and no admins are adding it to the main page yet. – Dentedharp90041tce 23:45, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
Apple TV should be listed under Bedrock, not Pocket + other little changes that should be made
See Helen's comments at https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki_talk:Projects/Renaming#Project.27s_next_step She said "Also, for everything but Xbox (& Switch later), there wasn't a relaunch- the edition names just got dropped."
Currently, the main page has this line of text in the "About Minecraft" section:
"On September 20, 2017, the first version of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, also known as the Better Together Update, was released for Android, iOS, FireOS, Windows 10, Samsung Gear VR, Fire TV, and Xbox One."
This is inaccurate, as per Helen's statement earlier. "Bedrock" is a retroactively-applied term just like Legacy Console. The main page also lists Apple TV as being a Pocket Edition platform, which makes no sense... even if pre-1.2 wasn't considered Bedrock (and it IS considered Bedrock), then Apple TV should have been listed under "Apple TV Edition". "Pocket Edition" was the name of the versions of Bedrock for mobile platforms like Android, iOS, & Windows 10 Mobile. Pocket Edition was never the name of the shared codebase used by all the Bedrock releases, so using it as the name of the Bedrock codebase pre-1.2 doesn't make sense. Apple TV should be listed as a Bedrock platform.
Additionally, Windows 10 Mobile should be listed as a Bedrock platform separate from Windows 10. They're technically separate store entries that can be updated independently of each other, and they're separate purchases anyway, just like the relation between Bedrock on Windows 10 & Bedrock on Xbox One. In order to differentiate Windows 10 from Windows 10 Mobile, I suggest that the Windows 10 Mobile icon be the Windows 10 icon with the word "Mobile" in Segoe font placed under the Windows icon.
Also, there are several places in the "About Minecraft" section that should probably be tweaked to be more clear about Pocket Edition being the first edition to use the Bedrock engine/codebase, and how it was "Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition" that was released on the Xbox 360, not "Minecraft" with no subtitle, as well as other little things like that. SuperGeniusZeb (talk) 00:47, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- Feel free to make the changes on the edit copy and I'll be happy to copy them across. With regards to your comments about Bedrock Edition being a retroactive title, do you recommend we merge Bedrock Edition version history and Pocket Edition version history together, merge Bedrock Edition version history/Development versions and Pocket Edition version history/Development versions together and move all version pages with Pocket Edition in their title to Bedrock Edition? –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Contribs 01:41, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- I just finished making a bunch of changes to the edit copy. I think the version history pages should definitely be merged. And yeah, I think all "Pocket Edition X.X.X" pages should become "Bedrock Edition X.X.X", and all "X.X.X" pages should become "Java Edition X.X.X". SuperGeniusZeb (talk) 04:35, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
The Minecraft wiki Brazil is already on Halloween theme