| This page is only for discussing the Minecraft Wiki page.|
Below are some common links to help you before you post.
- 1 youtu.be
- 2 3DS edition
- 3 Apple TV should be listed under Bedrock, not Pocket + other little changes that should be made
- 4 Halloween theme
- 5 Did someone vandalize the front page or did 3DS really switch over to Java Edition 1.12.2?
- 6 Is the wiki no longer updated?
- 7 "Version development" lists are broken since the AWS migration
- 8 New page!
Can anyone explain why it's possible to cite articles with a youtube.com/watch URL, but not shortened youtu.be URLs? As far as I'm aware, the youtu.be URL shortener only ever links to the full youtube URL, and the video ID is in both links, so I wouldn't consider it deceptive or hiding anything. NickNackGus (talk) 14:50, 2 September 2017 (UTC)
- MCW:Admin noticeboard#youtu.be banned. Shorteners are blocked because, according to Orthotope, “the hide the true destination of links”. Also, there’s no significant reason to use shorteners, because saving a few characters doesn’t help much.
- You have wrote the message in the wrong place. It would be preferable to go to the Admin Noticeboard instead. — BabylonAS (talk | ru.Wiki Admin) (fka NickTheRed37) 15:11, 2 September 2017 (UTC)
What about 3DS edition, just released on 3DS? We've gotta add it to events and versions.
- Agreed- just came here to say this. It, like Education Edition, is a separate edition currently. It is a fork based off of Bedrock 0.15.1 but the gameplay is very fundamentally different. --HelenAngel (talk) 21:47, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
- Feel free to add it here; I've made a new section for Bedrock Edition, and no admins are adding it to the main page yet. – Dentedharp90041tce 23:45, 14 September 2017 (UTC)
Apple TV should be listed under Bedrock, not Pocket + other little changes that should be made
See Helen's comments at https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki_talk:Projects/Renaming#Project.27s_next_step She said "Also, for everything but Xbox (& Switch later), there wasn't a relaunch- the edition names just got dropped."
Currently, the main page has this line of text in the "About Minecraft" section:
"On September 20, 2017, the first version of Minecraft: Bedrock Edition, also known as the Better Together Update, was released for Android, iOS, FireOS, Windows 10, Samsung Gear VR, Fire TV, and Xbox One."
This is inaccurate, as per Helen's statement earlier. "Bedrock" is a retroactively-applied term just like Legacy Console. The main page also lists Apple TV as being a Pocket Edition platform, which makes no sense... even if pre-1.2 wasn't considered Bedrock (and it IS considered Bedrock), then Apple TV should have been listed under "Apple TV Edition". "Pocket Edition" was the name of the versions of Bedrock for mobile platforms like Android, iOS, & Windows 10 Mobile. Pocket Edition was never the name of the shared codebase used by all the Bedrock releases, so using it as the name of the Bedrock codebase pre-1.2 doesn't make sense. Apple TV should be listed as a Bedrock platform.
Additionally, Windows 10 Mobile should be listed as a Bedrock platform separate from Windows 10. They're technically separate store entries that can be updated independently of each other, and they're separate purchases anyway, just like the relation between Bedrock on Windows 10 & Bedrock on Xbox One. In order to differentiate Windows 10 from Windows 10 Mobile, I suggest that the Windows 10 Mobile icon be the Windows 10 icon with the word "Mobile" in Segoe font placed under the Windows icon.
Also, there are several places in the "About Minecraft" section that should probably be tweaked to be more clear about Pocket Edition being the first edition to use the Bedrock engine/codebase, and how it was "Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition" that was released on the Xbox 360, not "Minecraft" with no subtitle, as well as other little things like that. SuperGeniusZeb (talk) 00:47, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- Feel free to make the changes on the edit copy and I'll be happy to copy them across. With regards to your comments about Bedrock Edition being a retroactive title, do you recommend we merge Bedrock Edition version history and Pocket Edition version history together, merge Bedrock Edition version history/Development versions and Pocket Edition version history/Development versions together and move all version pages with Pocket Edition in their title to Bedrock Edition? –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Contribs 01:41, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
- I just finished making a bunch of changes to the edit copy. I think the version history pages should definitely be merged. And yeah, I think all "Pocket Edition X.X.X" pages should become "Bedrock Edition X.X.X", and all "X.X.X" pages should become "Java Edition X.X.X". SuperGeniusZeb (talk) 04:35, 4 October 2017 (UTC)
The Minecraft wiki Brazil is already on Halloween theme
Did someone vandalize the front page or did 3DS really switch over to Java Edition 1.12.2?
I'm sure it's just a brainfart since the general public doesn't get to make changes to that page.
It's because the Template: Version does not include the 3ds edition. The admins are working on it. Look here https://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Minecraft_Wiki:Admin_noticeboard#Add_the_New_Nintendo_3DS_Edition_.28Pls_use_the_source_code_to_see.29 Skylord wars (talk) 08:30, 4 November 2017 (UTC)
Is the wiki no longer updated?
I check the main page everyday, and it looks like it's no longer updated (last updates, the versions numbers, and the new3ds number which is 0.1.0). Check the french wiki, our main page is up-to-date. • Yanis48 (talk) 10:15, 6 November 2017 (UTC)
- The wiki is always being updated (Special:RecentChanges) but admins might not be the quickest to update protected pages (the version numbers). -Xbony2 (GRASP) (FTB Wiki Admin) (talk) 12:15, 6 November 2017 (UTC)