Talk:Minecraft - Volume Beta
Complete overhaul notes
Okay, so I've finished a complete overhaul of this page now that the album is released. Well, more created than overhauled as the original text was less than a stub. Less than. Anyway, there are a couple of notes I'd like to make: - I based the general layout on the Minecraft - Volume Alpha page, but tweaking the table. It doesn't include what the tracks are called in the Minecraft directory as most of them are not in Minecraft yet. They will need adding in once they are in Minecraft. - I added a Notes section as there are no official descriptions of each track. You can add any facts you know about them. If I shouldn't have included it, then sorry, this is my first major Wiki work. There is also a fact that needs checking, and if it is correct then it needs a link to the video. - Also, I think that the track "Alpha" may have been used in that Minecon opening video, "The History of Minecraft" or whatever it was. I'll check this as soon as I can, but this could mean that "The End" was used in its sequel video, about the End.
That's about it. Again, I mentioned that this is my first major Wiki work (I normally add bits of info and images), so if I've done anything wrong, please tell me. And because it's a Wiki, you can correct it there and then too! :) whizzer0 (talk) 18:23, 9 November 2013 (UTC)
- I've applied italics on the names of the albums and game, redone the introductory paragraphs, changed a bit some notes and removed unnecessary ones. Also Eleven is not the same track as the broken record from the game, even though it has the same length.
- Pauolo (talk) 14:20, 10 November 2013 (UTC)
"The End" track
I've noticed that the note for the track "The End" suggests that it might be used as music when in the End. However, I have reason to believe that it would actually be played during the End Poem after defeating the Enderdragon, given the fact that the song itself is very profound, like the poem, and its length matches that of the poem sequence. Anyone else have any thoughts on this? -- Anomitee (talk) 10:14, 11 November 2013 (UTC) I've seen a gameplay vid, and The End plays in the, uh, End, not the End Poem. I think Alpha plays during the poem, tho. Crazytobuildmc (talk) 15:30, 15 February 2015 (UTC)
The Fourth Big Update
Notes: Added a new "description" section to the track listing. If anything is out of place please rectify it. I also reworked references to it being added to the game in the future and added a few notes and removed some unnecessary sentences. IF ANYONE HAS WORKED ON THIS PAGE IN THE PAST please check this page as there are some things needing attention.
"Kyoto" and "Flake" Tracks
I've heard the tracks "Kyoto" and "Flake" In the console edition in the Festive Mash-up Pack. Pretty weird why they added it but, I'm a console edition player, so that's why I know. :| -|Pika Party|- 22.214.171.124 22:28, 3 August 2015 (UTC)
"Alpha" song - more details about the parts of other songs
Is it possible to add in the descritpion of "Alpha" song the moments when parts of songs are featured - I make reference at "Mice on Venus" , "Moog City" and "Sweden" . Also, is it known if these are the single songs that are featuring in "Alpha"? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by ErikAxeReal (talk • contribs) at 13:45, 9 January 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- If you've got the information, feel free to put it in on the notes section in the article. --Pokechu22 (talk) 17:26, 9 January 2016 (UTC)
- Can you tell me what are my options? I don't know how I could obtain the information... --ErikAxeReal (talk) 19:53, 12 January 2016 (UTC)
Em dash in the name
Hi GRAND RADION, is there a source for Minecraft Volume Beta using an em-dash in the name? The bandcamp and itunes pages use a simple hyphen, for instance. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 15:42, 3 August 2016 (UTC)
- I'm sorry, but the dash is used everywhere. Wikipedia. — GRAND RADION (talk) 08:24, 4 August 2016 (UTC)
- That wikipedia article doesn't seem to say anything about this particular use case. It does, however, say that the distinction between em dashes and other punctuation is usually subtle; there are few situations where it's clearly correct to use one kind of dash rather than another. Also, keep in mind that the standards of punctuation vary between languages. This is the English wiki, so the rules of Russian do not apply here. -- Orthotopetalk 17:48, 4 August 2016 (UTC)