Is there any known way to get rid of the milk once it is in the bucket? --Genemos 23:19, 23 July 2010 (UTC)
- Not that I've found. It might be prudent to warn users in the article that it currently renders their bucket otherwise unusable? --Ho0ber (126.96.36.199 12:29, 28 July 2010 (UTC))
Milk can now be dumped from the bucket onto the ground. Change happened on the Aug 20th 2010 'Seecret Friday 8! OooooOOOoo!' (http://notch.tumblr.com/post/982299297/seecret-friday-8-oooooooooo#disqus_thread) --tvalladon
Milk is now an ingredient needed to make Cake. (http://twitter.com/notch/status/24557720786964480)
Is milk planned to be a fluid placeable on the ground?If not, then is it to be a food? If neither, then what is it planned to be?
--Melephant 22:37, 14 November 2010 (UTC)
I realized that it is easier to milk a cow if you try to milk it by the utters. shouldn't that be added into the article?--Lazeman 00:44, 3 March 2011 (UTC)Lazeman
Actually, I have made cakes out of milk, check the cake page for info on that...You cannot drink it, and if you right click while having it in your hand, it will disappear... Stinkbug22-Putting STINK in STINKBUG 15:53, 27 March 2011 (UTC)
Cow milk limit
There absolutely is a milking limit on cows. I made loads of cake by trapping a cow in my house and milking it more than 20 times (I like cake :D) and found that eventually I could not milk it even standing one block below right clicking the udder. Can someone confirm this, as one person's word is not enough to change the article Bobbobbob 00:38, 22 April 2011 (UTC)bobbobbob
I've certainly struggled to milk cows, on Single player survival, despite multiple efforts, since updating to 1.5_01 though I don't know when/if this was implemented. Maybe some cows are male? Pureferret 10:36, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
Who wrote this article? Certain sections make me feel shitty for playing a game that is mostly inhabited by 12 year olds. Do we need to have a quick class on English basics?
- I don't know who wrote it, but let me revise it for you. ☁ Shockman25 ☂ Talk ☁ 01:37, 11 October 2011 (UTC)
What is the actual use of milk?
- What? An error 403 Forbidden? Quite a surprise seeing that in Minecraft, lol. - Asterick6 06:05, 10 November 2011 (UTC)
Suggestion to whomever it needs to be told to have milk be able to be stored in glass bottles?
- You'll want to go to the forums for that or contact Mojang yourself; talk pages aren't the place for suggestions and Mojang doesn't run, let alone visit, this wiki. Cobalt32 18:25, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
- It (1) would still be unstackable, (2) still take too long to drink in the middle of a fight, and (3) leave you with a useless empty glass bottle instead of an empty bucket. Now if they did a splash potion of milk.... (Also, as someone else commented
but seems to have been edited out, this isn't a great place for game suggestions. The forums have special threads for suggestions, bring it there! --Mental Mouse 18:42, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
I'm not sure how these talk pages work. Many of these notes seem outdated. Should we delete them? Nerman8r 18:21, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
- When talk pages get too long, older topics are moved to an archive page. We generally don't delete comments unless they're spam or completely unrelated to the article. -- Orthotope 19:04, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
Does milk cure the wither effect? If so, is it an effective weapon against withers or wither skeletons? If it is, I think it would be a good idea to add this to this page, the wither page, and the status effects page. Nerman8r 18:21, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
- I would say that even if it did, it would only be effective *after* the fight with the wither, because of how long it takes to drink, it would shoot you again right after you finish, resetting the wither effect. It may be effective against wither skeletons similar to cave spiders. --188.8.131.52 18:38, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
Adult to Baby
I have never believed it, but some IPs have said that milk will make an adult mob a baby. It's been put in at least 3 times and then quickly reverted. It seems like if several people are saying that, it may actually be true. If not, why do they all think that? (This type of thing happened with how much the carrot filled.) HotdogPi ⑬㊲ 22:25, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- I can only find a few other mentions of this: a forum thread and comments on a youtube video, which suggest that it only happens on some Bukkit servers. It most certainly does not happen in single-player or on vanilla servers. Since this behavior is not part of the unmodded game, it doesn't belong in the article. However, out of curiosity, I would like to find out what causes it; the video comment claimed it was a Bukkit bug, but I didn't see anything related on their bugtracker. -- Orthotope 08:59, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- Tested a few CraftBukkit RBs from 1.1 and 1.2, couldn't reproduce it at all; I suspect it was a bug/undocumented feature of some plugin. -- Orthotope 20:46, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
- When holding the milk bucket both Right mouse button and the left mouse button clicked at the same time would cause the mob (pig, cow, sheep, horse,and maybe another PASSIVE mob) to turn into a baby mob of that type. (try the horse while it is wearing armor, it should keep the armor on) works on a Bukket server on 1.9+ --184.108.40.206 00:54, 5 September 2018 (UTC)