Talk:List of redstone components
- A D Flip-Flop is a memory circuit which remembers the "data" input when it is triggered by the clock input.
- This article is about the blocks used in redstone circuits. For an overview of redstone circuit categories, see redstone circuits. —munin · · 04:44, 20 July 2014 (UTC)
This article is way too confusing!
Excuse me as I attempt to rewrite it in English! 220.127.116.11 14:56, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
- Go for it. I like your improvements so far! —munin · · 15:07, 21 November 2014 (UTC)
This article was proposed to be moved to List of redstone components over a year ago, but there has been no discussion on that, which is what this can be now.
In my opinion, it would make sense to move the article to "List of redstone components", as it lists of similar topics rather than just a single topic. While currently that would make it the only article under that naming convention, there are a few other pages which likewise would belong as "List of", so that should not be the reason against moving.
- One of the reasons I haven't pursued the subject (which I proposed but don't really care about anymore) is that I'm unsure whether this article is still useful. At the time this article was split out from the main redstone circuit articles, the main articles on each redstone component (redstone torch, redstone, etc.) didn't have very good technical discussions of their uses as redstone components, so it was useful to have an article which concentrated on that subject. But I think the main articles are actually pretty good now (with a few exceptions I haven't worked up the enthusiasm to fix yet), so does it make sense to duplicate that info here?
- Would it be possible for an admin or someone to look at page views or something to see if this article is still useful? If the page views are low, it might make actually make sense to put this back on the main redstone circuit page (but greatly reduced -- say, one sentence per component) with links to the main articles. —munin · · 00:44, 7 February 2015 (UTC)
Should boats be called a redstone component?
This page lists boats as a redstone component, but boats do not interact in any way with redstone. Should they be removed from this page? 18.104.22.168 15:55, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
They're transportation units, not redstone components. 22.214.171.124 15:58, 6 April 2019 (UTC)
Yeah, just what I am saying. The minecarts do interact with redstone via activator rails, but boats do not (except for pressure plates, but if those counted every entity is a redstone component).126.96.36.199 00:12, 9 April 2019 (UTC)