Talk:Java Edition version history
Sign your posts with ~~~~ and always add new posts at the very bottom after previous sections.
This page was moved, but the redirects that link to the subpages were not, so now there are 150 items in Special:DoubleRedirects. Could someone create a double-redirect-fixer bot? Majr? – Nixinova 07:44, 22 April 2018 (UTC)
- This looks like some tedious task I'd find fun to do manually. I'm crazy like that, but the report is empty by now. – ] 19:05, 22 April 2018 (UTC) [
"Snapshot 1.x.y" vs "1.x.y-pre"
In the launcher, versions such as 1.4.3-pre are labelled as just "snapshot 1.4.3", and ingame it just says "Minecraft 1.4.3". Even the jar files on the article only say 1.4.3. This is the same for 1.6-pre and others. Should these pages have "pre" in their name? If so, should the lead sections remove the pre? This is a bit confusing. – Nixinova 05:58, 15 November 2018 (UTC)
- This was fixed a few months ago. – Nixinova 21:13, 7 July 2019 (UTC)
What's the obsolete Minecraft version for Java Edition
The obsolete Minecraft versions are the Minecraft versions discontinued more than ten years ago (as roughly). The Minecraft versions older than the release can be defunct, and defunctions are terminated at Alpha. --188.8.131.52 04:23, 3 March 2019 (UTC)
- Those sentences don't make any sense and there are no versions of MC older than a decade (yet). What are you talking about when you say "obselete" and "defunct"? – Nixinova 04:56, 3 March 2019 (UTC)
Wouldn't it be better to use ymd in these small tables? they easily sort and it's just easier to see the release dates, as ymd gives the order of importance. – Nixinova 08:12, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- But we don't need to sort here, and the used format is the default of the wiki. I think it's fine right now. – Jack McKalling [ ] 08:22, 20 April 2019 (UTC)
- After again thinking this and coming back to this talk page, YMD would be preferable as you can immediately see the one different between versions, eg 1.13.2 came out 2 months after 1.13.1 etc. – Nixinova 03:41, 2 July 2019 (UTC)
- Now with it listing both dev and full releases having YMD would be easier to do quick math comparisons (eg comparing 20181024 and 20190423 is much easier than comparing 24oct2018 and 23apr2019). – Nixinova 03:34, 11 July 2019 (UTC)
For some reason I can't tell the difference between the background colours of "Unavailable in the launcher, but archived elsewhere" and "No direct evidence/proof exists". Both are grey to me, and although one is probably a bit darker when used in the table, I cannot see this difference in the legend because it is so small. This applies to both the main Classic legend as well as the Pre-Classic one. – Jack McKalling [ ] 07:31, 15 May 2019 (UTC)