Talk:Java Edition 14w26c
MC-4855 seems like a pretty significant change, as it would affect mob grinders. If true, shouldn't it be listed under Changes?
- Now spawn evenly on all sides of the spawner (wording subject to change)
- We likely should just mention as per the default size listing, since those who use custom spawners can just check the bug report. Something like so:
- Now spawn entities in a 9x9 area instead of an 8x8 area.
- I also agree since that mechanic was around for awhile and now was changed, it is noteworthy.
- --KnightMiner (t|c) 22:04, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
- I just looked into it a bit more, the default mob spawners appear still spawn in an 8x8 area, meaning either the bug is still unfixed or it only affects custom spawners. Since it does not affects survival, I would say it's not noteworthy.
- --KnightMiner (t|c) 22:16, 26 June 2014 (UTC)
- It looks to me like all spawners will still spawn in an 8x8 area (for default SpawnRange), but it's centered on the center of the spawner rather than on one corner so it covers a 9x9 area of blocks. I've confirmed that mobs can spawn up to 4 blocks away in any of the cardinal directions for a generic pig spawner. With MC-59046 still unfixed I'm not sure how to test a "natural" spawner, but I see no reason to think there's a difference. I doubt it'll have much effect on mob grinders besides slightly reducing the rates, though, as the added spawn range will probably be inside a wall.
- MC-59251 is probably a bigger change, if it turns out to be intended rather than accidental. Anomie x (talk) 01:04, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
I feel like there should be something on the 14w26a, b, and c pages about a possible corruption fix posted on reddit here, but I'm not sure where to put it or how to word it. Suggestions? -- Keithicus420 (talk) 03:33, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
- Sorry to seem as if I jumped right over the discussion, but I went ahead and put in links to that on the w26 pages.. I figured in this case, the sooner the information is out there, the better – Sealbudsman (Aaron) (talk) – 14:32, 27 June 2014 (UTC)
can we use this image to show world save corruption
can we use this image  to show something about the world save corruption? this world (thank goodness I backed it up!) was generated with the snapshot the are shown is supposed to have been a forest. no 'before' pictures for the forest, sadly, but I could get one. ~Luxen Kalamar De'Mark