Talk:Java Edition 1.16
Proposal for new blocks page locations
Here's my proposal for where to put the new blocks
- Crimson/Warped wood variants
- Their respective pages for the 6 pre-existing variants. The only big difference that they don't burn. (Already done with planks)
- Crimson/Warped fungi
- Both on one new page. Although they are similar to existing mushrooms, they have pretty big differences in terms of spreading and growth conditions.
- By extension, huge fungi should be its own page separate from huge mushroom and the fungi page.
- Roots and Sprouts
- New page(s). My initial thought was the grass page, but they're different in that they can't be grown with bonemeal and don't need shears to harvest.
- Soul Torches/Lanterns
- Add to the respective page. The only difference seems to be light level and the minor crafting variation. Unless other differences are found, I don't think there's enough to justify new pages.
I think those are the only new blocks that don't definitely need a new page. Soil soul could be merged with soul sand, but I don't think it's necessary. -PancakeIdentity (talk) 23:03, 5 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support. Good arguments, the examples given are all agreeable. – Jack McKalling [ ] 23:47, 5 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support Soul Torches and lanterns don't melt snow, but I don't think this is enough to constitute separate pages. I agree with what you have said. --Slashertor (talk) 18:12, 26 February 2020 (UTC)
- Support I agree with what you have said. 22.214.171.124 23:09, 16 May 2020 (UTC)
Isn't it scheduled to release in the first half of 2020
ESTIMATED TIME OF FULL RELEASE (Not Guaranteed)
I counted my best. Due to 1.15 and 1.14 & 1.13, estimated full release date is 27/28th of May. Also, By Full Release i meant all snapshots, Bedrock Betas and Pre-releases. Don't be confused if the estimation is wrong, Snapshots may get released a day later of earlier, pre-releases - same, so if it releases somewhere "15th of May", don't blame me. I'm not perfect at guessing the Full Release Date. This is not a bot action. I am a real human. Okokup (talk) 19:29, 26 March 2020 (UTC)
I found a tweet from @HelenAngel that said that the Fletching Table will not get their functionality in 1.16. https://twitter.com/i/status/1251193383579762689 126.96.36.199 18:17, 20 April 2020 (UTC)
- This is not the right link to the tweet. Also, if I recall correctly, didn't the tweet you are talking about also say that Smithing tables wouldn't get functionality? They did, so we will just have to wait and see :) Slashertor (talk) 12:28, 22 April 2020 (UTC)
- I don't recall a tweet like that, plus the tweet I was talking about was made after the Smithing Table got it's functionality. Here is the corrected link to the tweet I meant to attach.
https://twitter.com/HelenAngel/status/1251376297630003200 188.8.131.52 17:05, 22 April 2020 (UTC)
- It says, "No. We will not be adding functionality to the fletching table in 1.16" which indicates that it won't be added in this update. The tweet was posted at 5:05 A.M. UTC on April 18th, 2020. 184.108.40.206 17:12, 22 April 2020 (UTC)
About the Mountains
What is the point of confirming the mountains update if they're not going to be added to the Nether update, despite being showcased at the same time? The taiga update with foxes, berries, and campfire were showcased at the same time as the Village and Pillage update and were added in the same update, so what gives? Dinolover42 (talk) 16:04, 5 May 2020 (UTC)
But they once said they will release the foxes, berries, and campfires in the Village and Pillage update and they did, after they were showcased in the same update as that mentioned. However, they did not do the same thing for the once-planned mountains features, so why did they said that the mountains biome won the biome vote on the Nether update stream of they never appeared in that update? :( Dinolover42 (talk) 23:00, 19 May 2020 (UTC)
Release date (50% Guaranteed)
Due to some research I've been doing with the versions, 1.16 is very much like 1.15, so we should expect the 1.16 update to come out June 11. I am not a bot and real human so trust me. I don't have a java account but I do still think this is Guaranteed. I do have a bedrock account. (TheLegendYTReal) Please don't edit this btw. 10:17, 12 May 2020 (CST)
- Ah yes. Stating that you're assumption is 99.9% guaranteed doesn't make it guaranteed. Stop assuming a release date and everything will be fine. Mojang still hasn't announced anything yet, except that the update will be released sometime after May.
EDIT: Alright, you have set your predict for a possible release date. But please don't open more than one discussion for a single topic or it be considered spam. ---- Elite hog (talk) 15:19, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
- Unfortunately, even if it's based on logical reason, it's still speculation. There's no proof that it will come out that day or even that it might come out that day. The last update having been released then doesn't mean anything.--Madminecrafter12 (Talk to me | View what I've done) 15:33, 12 May 2020 (UTC)
- It is just a prediction lets stop the talk now. Bedrock TheLegendYTReal 10:34, 12 May 2020 (CST)
- Ok thank you. I am a minecraft pro but not a minecraft wiki pro. TheLegendYTReal 10:41, 12 May 2020 (CST)
Stop Changing the Release Date
I am starting to get very annoyed about the release date being continually changed. Personally, while I think the Nether Update will come out June-August, but I do not think there is proper proof for it. This is a wiki, not a place to make speculations. Please talk out what you think the release date should be here. Thank you. 220.127.116.11 14:02, 28 May 2020 (UTC)
- Not sure if you mean all the vandals that are chanhing the release date or the June-August information. But there is a source given, which states that the update will arrive in Summer 2020. June-August are the only summer months, so I think that this release info is very accurate. ---- Elite hog (talk) 14:19, 28 May 2020 (UTC)
- I think there is a 95% chance of it being released then. I don't care what the release date is, as long as people stop changing it. I have seem release dates of May, June, I even think September, and in the planned versions it says that Bedrock Edition 1.16.0 will be released Q3. 18.104.22.168 15:48, 28 May 2020 (UTC)