Talk:Java Edition 1.11
- 1 Setblock syntax
- 2 16w32a public to-do list (all done)
- 3 Shepherd villagers now offer all types of wool
- 4 Two Shield sections
- 5 16w38a public to-do list (all done)
- 6 Why are we putting the Minecon stuff in as if it's already been added?
- 7 New pages
- 8 Major update or small?
- 9 Edit
- 10 16w44a public to-do list
- 11 1.11 Trailer Video: Copyright Query
- 12 Language file format
- 13 1.11 broke the record of 3rd longest wait for a Minecraft major update until 1.12 is released
- 14 Fixes
This page currently has a <quantity> argument written in its examples for the new /setblock syntax. /setblock doesn't have a quantity argument, but the page is protected from edits, so I can't change it. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Green robe villagers
their name is 'Nitwit' (check the lang files, it's true)
- The zombie villager variant spawns naturally, and the villager spawns in villages.
- No trade menu by default, but gets one stage of proper trades when converted from a green zombie villager, no further stages unlockable
- trades are always the tier 1 trades of the other professions. (see )
- document on 16w32b and 1.11 the fact that these are added.
document addition of green robe villager on zombie and villager, and their /ED pagesDone by Sealbudsman upload green robe zombie villager renderDone
- Blog post items
"More robust handling of invalid items and hopefully less duping bugs due to this change" "Lightning storm will now attract less skeleton horses" "Changed the duration of hunger and saturation effects"
- Not actually a change to the duration of the hunger and saturation status effects. It's a change to how hunger and saturation themselves are affected by player actions.
also document in detail on Hunger pages and wherever else may be relevantDone
document on Zombie what has changed about husks avoiding waterDone
- Network IDs
Investigate whether there are different network IDs for Horse, guardian, skeleton and zombie variants, document on their respective pagesDone
- Not completely true about the nitwits, they spawn in villages too.
- Also, the fact that they have trades on curing the zombie is a bug, see MC-106058, for your knowledge, they're always the tier 1 trades of the other professions.
- Perhaps it's a good idea to look around on the bug tracker, before you state such things.
- – FVbico talk/contr 20:50, 11 August 2016 (UTC+1)
- Thanks for the tips.
- I just copy pasted what redstonehelper had on the reddit thread, verbatim, because it was a useful starting point for investigation. Because this is just a draft, and a talk page. Chill out.
- Also, something being on the bug tracker per se is neither here nor there. If it's in the game, it's documentable behavior. If the devs fix it, it gets removed. No big deal. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 19:17, 11 August 2016 (UTC)
Shepherd villagers now offer all types of wool
- This is a bug, the first trades of any villager are from a random profession and career, see .
- – FVbico talk/contr 21:34, 11 August 2016 (UTC+1)
Two Shield sections
I noticed there a two sections titled Shields. Is this on purpose, should we combine them? If we do combine them, do we put them both into Gameplay or Items? -PancakeIdentity (talk) 22:04, 8 September 2016 (UTC)
On the fishing page, there's a table that should be adjusted to reflect the ink sac changes.– Sealbudsman talk/contr 19:39, 20 September 2016 (UTC)
Why are we putting the Minecon stuff in as if it's already been added?
- Was wondering the exact same thing, but the wiki didn't allow me to edit that for some reason.
- Then again, is it really worth putting it there only to change it for the next snapshot as it'll all be contained in that one. FVbico (talk) 21:38, 25 September 2016 (UTC + 2:00)
- Yes, it should be in Planned Additions, placing it in the regular additions section makes the article a complete mess and often leads to misinformation after the update is released.
- If you see this happen in the future, feel free to fix as the style guide requires the Planned Additions section to be used instead –KnightMiner t/c 19:45, 25 September 2016 (UTC)
Major update or small?
On the same sentence it's described both: ...is an upcoming major update... ...but still a relatively small update...–Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 19:27, October 13, 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
in the curse of unbinding section it has 2 takes for no reason--220.127.116.11 18:32, 14 October 2016 (UTC)
- Observer behavior was changed. We should make sure Observer behavior is updated accordingly, specifically, what it detects and does not detect. Also if it is now, in fact, a block-state-change detector, and not really a block-update detector, that should be considered. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 22:10, 3 November 2016 (UTC)
1.11 Trailer Video: Copyright Query
I'm a little concerned about the 1.11 trailer video that has been placed on this and the Exploration Update page. Wasn't this video produced by Mojang? In which case, wouldn't re-uploading it unabridged to Twitch and monetising it constitute a copyright violation? Or am I missing something? Majr, Goandgoo, CrsBenjamin and Alianin – DelboyDylan (talk|contribs) 19:22, 15 November 2016 (UTC)
- Re-hosting trailers and promotional videos is common practice in the gaming industry and is generally encouraged by developers and producers to help grow the reach of these videos, often distributing them directly to media outlets for that purpose to reach a viewer base they might not otherwise. As an example, you can check out the PC Gamer YouTube channel, which features lots of re-hosted trailers like this one. However, we do have a conversation going with Twitch about any potential issues! CrsBenjamin - (talk) 21:32, 18 November 2016 (UTC)
Language file format
I am confused about how to transfer type 2 lang files to type 3. I just want to know the format.
The old one was menu.returnToMenu
Is the new one menu.returntomenu or menu.return.to.menu or menu.return_to_menu???? I have no idea and I want to transfer my files. Thanks.
1.11 broke the record of 3rd longest wait for a Minecraft major update until 1.12 is released
The 3rd longest wait for a major update is now between 1.10 and 1.11 (June 8-November 14) which is 197 days –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 12:57, 22 May 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I feel like that is not worth mentioning, way to obscure of a fact as it is the 3rd longest. I'd argue nothing besides the longest should be mentioned, with possibly previous longests. –KnightMiner t/c 16:09, 22 May 2017 (UTC)
- I would also support mentioning the shortest (and maybe the second shortest). 01:13, 23 May 2017 (UTC)
Why do the fixes mention 1.4.4 instead of 1.11? I also heard that for the 1.12 page, fixes contained within the development versions should not be mentioned, so why are they mentioned here? --Pepijn (talk) 18:34, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
- Which ones are here that should not be, for example?
- Why it says 1.4.4, I don't know, let me go look – Sealbudsman talk/contr 18:56, 9 June 2017 (UTC)
- 6 issues fixed
- From the development versions
- MC-106679 – Marker of map in item frame appears white instead of green if outside of map
- MC-107494 – Cannot summon Vex with empty right hand
- MC-108928 – Piston suffocates player when walking into it
- MC-109949 – Version 1.11 deletes old
- MC-110074 – Curse of Vanishing can be applied to all items/blocks in survival
- MC-110092 – Outdated Java version warning not appearing in title screen