| The following rules are in effect for this talk page.|
Continued violations will result in further action.
1. Herobrine is not real.
Topics and posts saying otherwise will be removed.
2. Discussing the fact that he is not real is pointless.
This includes responding to posts breaking #1. These will be removed as well.
3. Do not post stories.
This is a wiki talk page, not a forum. We are dedicated to fact checking and adding further developments, not to indulge in roleplay or ghost stories.
4. Suggestions and ideas to change who he is, how he acts, or other aspects of Herobrine cannot be honored.
The Minecraft Wiki treats the original image and the Brocast livestreams as the only canonical sources.
The Herobrine page was created to document an extremely popular community phenomenon created by an anonymous player and recognized by Mojang.
Herobrine was never real and spamming this talk page saying otherwise is a disservice to the community.
|Any changes can be subjected on the editcopy page.|
- 1 Deletion of Page
- 2 Brocraft Stream Footage found?
- 3 1.11
- 4 Found two poor copies of the stream
- 5 JA links
- 6 Quote being overlapped
- 7 No longer a legacy account
- 8 No capital “a” in “after removing all non-alphabet characters”
- 9 Czech interwiki
- 10 Entity 303
- 11 Photoshopped image
- 12 Archival of the talk page requested
Deletion of Page
I was browsing the wiki, and decided to go to the [minecraft.gamepedia.com/Entity_303 Entity 303] page. I noticed it was deleted, because it violated Rule #19 (now Rule #4): no hoaxes/legends. This definitely falls under that category, and thus I believe it should be deleted. TySkyo (Talk•Contribs) 17:11, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
Strongly oppose. Did you clearly see the top of the talk page? -BDJP (t|c) 17:46, 10 July 2016 (UTC)
Brocraft Stream Footage found?
Curious, I decided to try and search for the original Brocraft stream, and I found a video on YouTube which shows what seems to be exactly this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LXE-FKSv8c Is this legitimate footage? The sound was taken out and replaced with just creepy ambience, and the footage was only of the Herobrine sighting and nothing else, but I do believe this was the original footage. It even included a part at the end which wasn't documented anywhere: The streamer running out of the room, and straight into a lava pool, where he turns around right before dying to see Herobrine again, watching him. Someone might wanna add this into the page somewhere. ISmile02 (talk) 06:27, 25 September 2016 (UTC)
The Changelogs section needs updating for 1.11. As far as I know, the removal of Herobrine was only mentioned in the tumblr feed, viewed via the launcher (same as 1.7.2 etc.). – DelboyDylan (talk|contribs) 19:25, 1 December 2016 (UTC)
Found two poor copies of the stream
I found two poor copies of the stream on Youtube, however they are of poor quality and without sound. An original copy is yet to be found, still.
Here are the links:
- For an admin to add an interwiki, they must know the name of the page. Since most of them probably do not speak Japanese, you will need to provide a link on this talk page that they can copy and paste. 23:58, 26 April 2017 (UTC)
Quote being overlapped
The quote "It has been reported that some victims of torture, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not..." is overlapped by the image File:HerobrineBrocastCreepyPage.gif. -Xbony2 (talk) 11:19, 28 May 2017 (UTC)
No longer a legacy account
I decided to look it over again. The statement which I previously added is no longer the case: the API no longer returns
"legacy":true. Plenty of speculation can be made from this, which I won't engage in here. In any case, you can see the old archive from 15 Feb 2015 10:38:23 UTC and a fresh archive from just now; some time in the past two and a half years the account was migrated (and that strongly implies active use). The statement in the article should probably be updated (though, it'd be great to have a more precise date). --Pokechu22 (talk) 06:53, 25 July 2017 (UTC)
No capital “a” in “after removing all non-alphabet characters”
In the section “Origins and popularity”, just before the quote
|“||It has been reported that some victims of torture, during the act, would retreat into a fantasy world from which they could not WAKE UP. In this catatonic state, the victim lived in a world just like their normal one, except they weren't being tortured. The only way that they realized they needed to WAKE UP was a note they found in their fantasy world. It would tell them about their condition, and tell them to WAKE UP. Even then, it would often take months until they were ready to discard their fantasy world and PLEASE WAKE UP.||„|
- Bump. | violine1101(Talk) 14:42, 1 August 2017 (UTC)
- This has been added to the article. --Kizzycocoa 22:33, 7 December 2017 (UTC)
- Is it recognized by Mojang in any way? If not, I personally don't think it deserves a page on this wiki. --Pepijn (talk) 14:32, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
- I'd say no. Doesn't deserve any mention. I'm the maintainer of wiki.vg's Entities article. No entity 303. --Pokechu22 (talk) 23:51, 16 October 2017 (UTC)
- We only have this page because Herobrine has been repeatedly referenced by Mojang. As a rule, the wiki does not document community fanfiction/creepypasta/hoaxes/whatnot. I'm not sure why the migration would prevent linking to Twitter, but a single tweet isn't likely to be enough justification for another exception to our policy. -- Orthotopetalk 03:22, 17 October 2017 (UTC)
On the article, there is the image file:screenshotttt.png, captioned "The image Copeland photoshopped, which led to him starting the hoax stream"; I think the image should be annotated (either in the caption or drawn on the image) to mark where Herobrine is. It took me a couple minutes to find him.Slscool (talk) 20:57, 11 November 2017 (UTC)
- I think images from other people must not be edited unless they will give us permission to do so. Therefore, it should not be annotated. – Dentedharp90041tce 10:29, 27 November 2017 (UTC)
Archival of the talk page requested
I would like to request the archival of this talk page. I have been away from moderation for some time, and do not know how to do so myself.
I have combed through each issue, and have applied fixes as I saw reasonable. I have also merged the editcopy with the main page, and will refresh the editcopy immediately after posting this comment. I'd like to try to get this page to a new, refreshed point. archive the talk page that has gone on for 2 years, and bring in a clean slate page. Could an admin sort this out for me? --Kizzycocoa 22:33, 7 December 2017 (UTC)
- I archived anything older than 6 months, not sure I want to archive anything after July since they are still recent topics. –KnightMiner t/c 00:23, 8 December 2017 (UTC)
- Fair enough, though the topics of Deletion of Page through to Quote being overlapped are also older than 6 months. should they too be archived? --Kizzycocoa 00:28, 8 December 2017 (UTC)