The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Turning to regular Obsidian
The article says Glowing Obsidian will turn to Obsidian, but I've played maps on PE (ported from the PC) with Glowing Obsidian that seemingly doesn`t stop glowing. Should the article be altered to say only Glowing Obsidian made from the Nether Reactor will change, and otherwise won`t? 184.108.40.206 05:10, 28 February 2014 (UTC)
On the right sidebar: Drops itself. In the article: drops obsidian. ??? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 00:51, 5 September 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
Merge with technical blocks
- No. It might be its own block. How do you know that when echanting is added, you will not be able to obtain it via silk touch? Also, the page "technical blocks" does not have as much information for each block because it is about lots of different blocks. I looked up nether portal block and did not get enough information.18.104.22.168 04:22, 6 February 2015 (UTC)
- Agree with LauraFi, although I see that we also need a major cleanup of Technical blocks. 22.214.171.124, where is not enough information? Do you want to make Technical blocks a semi-duplicate of Nether Portal? — Yours, Agent Nick the Red37 (t · c) f.k.a. Naista2002 07:23, 6 February 2015 (UTC)
- Maybe it should be merged with Obsidian if it is a variant of obsidian.126.96.36.199 00:46, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
- I'm not sure a complete merge and redirect is necessary; most of the technical blocks also have separate articles. There is some similarity to glowing redstone ore, but there are also significant differences: it has unique generation conditions, since you can't turn obsidian into glowing obsidian. It's not clear to me if it turns into obsidian on the next random block tick (like glowing redstone ore), or when the reactor core deactivates; in the latter case, it's not really a multistate block, just one that happens to be replaced by the core's scripting.
- Also, I don't see the point of pinging several Russian wiki editors who rarely or never make contributions here. -- Orthotopetalk 07:43, 22 February 2015 (UTC)
- I personally think this block fits the category of some blocks exclusive to that article, but technical blocks is really in a terrible state due to it simply containing any block where the item ID happens to differ, and a few that are fully discussed on another article. I would much prefer splitting the technical blocks page into article per block, and maybe adding a category to replace it assuming it is necessary. –KnightMiner (t·c) 23:32, 22 February 2015 (UTC)