As part of the Unified Community Platform project, your wiki will be migrated to the new platform in the next few weeks. Read more here.
solid transparent blocks
Currently, the page states: "Ghasts will not fire at the player without a line-of-sight, which can be blocked by solid transparent blocks." Does it mean to say that line-of-sight can be blocked by solid OR transparent blocks? Can you block line-of-sight with a glass block? Can you block line-of-sight with a glass pane? Can you block line-of-sight with an iron bar? Thanks for the help. -Howarthe (talk) 06:51, 31 January 2015 (UTC)
- Pretty sure it does mean 'solid or transparent' (non air) blocks. You can make tunnels out of glass and the ghasts don't fire at you in them. Haven't tried iron bars or glass panes, though. --Azaram (talk) 17:52, 8 November 2015 (UTC)
If you use a sword to block a ghast fireball, would your sword lose durability?126.96.36.199 22:11, 4 February 2015 (UTC)
Swords no longer block. Not important. --188.8.131.52 04:54, 8 April 2020 (UTC)
Need Verification for Ghast Hit by Own Fireball?
I question why this needs to be verified. When you hit a ghast with a fireball, it will take the 6 damage from the impact, but there is also the explosion. Again, I question why this needs to be verified. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Fyreboy5 (talk • contribs) at 13:16, 19 February 2016 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Both statements are incorrect: the fireball does not kill the ghast no matter what, nor does it deal 6 damage to it. The fireball deals 1,000 damage if a player rebounded it to a ghast, so if the ghast was modified to have more health, it would survive. Fixed statement on page. Skylinerw (talk) 18:09, 19 February 2016 (UTC)
- Ghasts are actually 4x4x4. They just need a 5x4x5 space ti spawn in, because they spawn in the middle of the block. Fyreboy5 (talk) 13:23, 24 April 2016 (UTC)
This may be a bug in 0.15.10 PE-Windows 10, but Ghasts seem to ignore distance from player when spawning. Somewhere else the wiki states no mobs will spawn within 24 blocks of the player. Twice now, I've seen ghasts spawn much close than that (~12-16 blocks). Did anyone else observe this? --184.108.40.206 06:33, 10 October 2016 (UTC)
Pocket / win 10 Sound Difference
It has been noted that Ghast sounds have normal drop-off in Pocket edition/windows 10 edition rendering them almost silent at any range beyond melee range. Further investigation for extents of volume falloff may be needed. 220.127.116.11 10:02, 16 November 2016 (UTC)
Deflecting Fireballs with a Looting Sword
I stumbled onto this interaction. If you deflect a ghast's fireball while holding a sword with looting then the looting effect will proc on the ghast, allowing you to get up to 2 tears with looting III. I just had it happen twice in a row, so pretty confident about it. Might want to mention this in the main article since it would be pretty helpful for farming tears.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 1:59, 02 June 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Sounds like a good tactic. Normal mod articles themselves should not contain tutorial content, though - only indisputable facts. However, a great place for this would be on a tutorial page - which are listed at Tutorials. It may fit in Tutorials/Combat, Tutorials/Monster spawner traps, or some similar tutorial. So if you want, feel free to head on to one of those tutorials, and add that where it makes sense!--Talk to me 02:10, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
- Note that this is technically caused by the bug Pokechu22 (talk) 02:21, 2 June 2018 (UTC) , but still possibly worth putting on a page. --
- Using a Looting sword to deflect the fireball isn't actually a necessary step. As suggested by that bug report, when a mob dies, the game checks for enchantments on its killer's held item, so you can deflect a firewall with anything and switch to a sword before it hits for the same effect. -- Orthotopetalk 02:51, 2 June 2018 (UTC)
Ghast sound effect distances?
I seem to remember seeing something somewhere that said Ghasts sound louder when they're far away, and quieter when they're up close, but I can't seem to find this on the page. Is this a true fact, or was it true at some point, or did I completely make up information? Weyferling (talk) 09:31, 17 September 2019 (UTC)
Ghasts got nerfed
- Not sure, how ghast being nerfed as it didn't change, ghast still same as it prior 1.16 without any difference. ImakerB (talk)