Join us on Discord!
|This page is only for discussing the Fishing page.
Below are some common links to help you before you post.
The page says that you can catch damaged leather boots. However, I recently caught an undamaged pair of leather pants. How is this possible? The answer should be added to the page.03:20, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- In vanilla with default tables, it's not. You can look at the loot tables yourself, found in "version.jar/assets/minecraft/loot_tables/gameplay/fishing". Ensure you are not using a custom table (located in the "data/loot_tables" folder in the world you were playing) or didn't reel in a pre-existing item entity (as fishing rods can pull item entities to you). Skylinerw (talk) 03:35, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- Ws this on Pocket Edition? I may or may not have had the same experience, but can't remember too well. - MinecraftPhotos4U (talk) 08:16, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- This was Pocket Edition. Jocopa3, is the table any different in Pocket Edition? 22:23, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- That's really odd... possibly even a bug. Here is the vanilla junk.json loot table used in the latest version of PE; there's no mention of leather pants. In-fact, there's no mention of leather pants in any of the vanilla fishing loot tables (the vanilla fishing loot tables can be browsed here). Jocopa3 (talk) 02:56, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Are you sure that table was for Pocket Edition? 03:00, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
Can ink sacs still be fished? See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/66y01g/auto_fishing_for_20_hours_afk_found/. HalfOfAKebab (talk) 01:25, 23 April 2017 (UTC)
- I happen to know that the fishing loot tables in Java edition haven't changed from what the wiki says, I've been keeping track – Sealbudsman talk/contr 01:59, 23 April 2017 (UTC)
- Confirmed ink sacs can still be fished, I got some earlier in 1.12.2 during some non-afk fishing for a few hours. I do not know if it is still possible to reel in a batch of 10 ink sacs at once as a loot drop, but the item is still there with a high rarity. Jack McKalling (talk) 12:58, 11 October 2017 (UTC)