The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
|This page is only for discussing the Fishing page.|
Below are some common links to help you before you post.
The page says that you can catch damaged leather boots. However, I recently caught an undamaged pair of leather pants. How is this possible? The answer should be added to the page.03:20, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- In vanilla with default tables, it's not. You can look at the loot tables yourself, found in "version.jar/assets/minecraft/loot_tables/gameplay/fishing". Ensure you are not using a custom table (located in the "data/loot_tables" folder in the world you were playing) or didn't reel in a pre-existing item entity (as fishing rods can pull item entities to you). Skylinerw (talk) 03:35, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- Ws this on Pocket Edition? I may or may not have had the same experience, but can't remember too well. - MinecraftPhotos4U (talk) 08:16, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- This was Pocket Edition. Jocopa3, is the table any different in Pocket Edition? 22:23, 16 March 2017 (UTC)
- That's really odd... possibly even a bug. Here is the vanilla junk.json loot table used in the latest version of PE; there's no mention of leather pants. In-fact, there's no mention of leather pants in any of the vanilla fishing loot tables (the vanilla fishing loot tables can be browsed here). Jocopa3 (talk) 02:56, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
- Are you sure that table was for Pocket Edition? 03:00, 17 March 2017 (UTC)
Can ink sacs still be fished? See here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Minecraft/comments/66y01g/auto_fishing_for_20_hours_afk_found/. HalfOfAKebab (talk) 01:25, 23 April 2017 (UTC)
- I happen to know that the fishing loot tables in Java edition haven't changed from what the wiki says, I've been keeping track – Sealbudsman talk/contr 01:59, 23 April 2017 (UTC)
- Confirmed ink sacs can still be fished, I got some earlier in 1.12.2 during some non-afk fishing for a few hours. I do not know if it is still possible to reel in a batch of 10 ink sacs at once as a loot drop, but the item is still there with a high rarity. Jack McKalling (talk) 12:58, 11 October 2017 (UTC)
Clarity of Note 1
The note is currently "All blocks above the bobber must be completely transparent to sunlight. This includes glass and tripwire, but not leaves".
I believe this is slightly confusing. It could too easily be misread as meaning: glass and tripwire must be transparent, but leaves are not required to be transparent.
I think it would read more clearly if the second sentence was "For example glass and tripwire are completely transparent to sunlight, but leaves are not."
- 188.8.131.52 20:21, 24 August 2018 (UTC)
- Made some changes to the note. Is it better now? --AttemptToCallNil (report bug, view backtrace) 20:26, 24 August 2018 (UTC)
- I'm not certain, but I think it's been removed. Spiffybubble (talk) 16:35, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
- I spent many survival in-game days fishing with a Luck of the Sea III rod (I was hoping to get a Fortune enchanted book), and never once picked up a diamond. The article doesn't say it's possible. If this was possible before, I'm pretty confident it isn't possible anymore. ~ Amatulic (talk) 18:18, 23 May 2019 (UTC)
Wrong information about fishing?
The article states that it takes between 5 and 45 seconds to catch a fish. However I found this minecraft code (version 1.12):
this.ticksCaughtDelay = MathHelper.getInt(this.rand, 100, 600);
this.ticksCaughtDelay -= this.field_191519_ax * 20 * 5;
If I do not get something wrong the first line means that it takes between 100 and 600 ticks, i.e. 5 and 30 seconds, but not 45 seconds. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Unbekannt130 (talk • contribs) at 8:23, 13 August 2019 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
In bedrock edition on Xbox 1, my friends and I have found that if you put the bobber somewhat above the fish mob, the particles would appear sooner. Please tell me why. Actionjgaming (talk) 09:35, 22 December 2019 (UTC)
- I don't this this is an intended feature, you probably just got lucky. Komorebi17 (talk) 11:26, 7 June 2020 (UTC)
Unenchanted chance to No LotS chance
I think that Unenchanted chance should be changed to no LotS chance as an enchanted fishing rod without LotS has the same catch table even if it was enchanted with other enchantments such as mending, unbreaking etc...
Treasure Misinformation / Misunderstanding
The page says that "In order to catch items in the treasure category, the bobber must be in open water. This is technically defined as the 5×4×5 vicinity around the bobber (2 blocks away horizontally, 2 blocks above the water surface, and 1 block deep)." The "(2 blocks away horizontally, 2 blocks above the water surface, and 1 block deep)." part doesn't make sense to me as how can the bobber be 2 blocks above the water when the water is only supposed to be 1 block deep.