Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Anyone know when the "can't attack until you break eye contact" mechanic was removed?
Enderman teleportation conditions
I have never, ever, seen an enderman teleport when not in daylight or taking damage. Is it true that they only teleport when taking damage or in daylight? If so, this should be added to the article. AwesomeMan31415926 (profile|contribs) 10:16, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- No, that's not true. They'll also teleport away from or closer to a targeted entity. Anomie x (talk) 11:24, 10 June 2015 (UTC)
- It's still now before the 1.9 Combat Update. But, as of that, they - might, much of its GameMechanic s changes might themselves change further, with the Update and then time thereafter - no longer Teleport out of Water (which damages them to be in), when targeting the Player.
- To me, this suggests a more formal way to combat them, than simply Placing (emptying) a Bucket of Water, at one's (nonexistent) feet, and getting them to with time de target, after first Teleporting away, enough. First, Place some Solid Block, one can stand on (and more specifically, Sneak walk to remain on the edge of), and then do that.
- They'd still be damaged - might get Pushed away if the Water is Flowing enough (this also works to instead Burn them completely if Placing the Lava more specifically next to the Block, if with a Bucket of Lava) - meanwhile, it helps clear the area. Including of other Hostiles. Yilante 18.104.22.168 21:48, 28 August 2015 (UTC)
- So, does this mean that an enderman would not teleport if put in a cage underground and left unprovoked? 22.214.171.124 01:08, 16 May 2017 (UTC)
Does anyone know which update changed the Enderman eyes texture from looking like this:
to looking like this?: