Can the Dragon destroy end cities?
Can the Dragon destroy end cities? --22.214.171.124 11:23, 31 July 2015 (UTC)
- I have no idea. But, unless you spawned one way over there, the dragon will never get to one. PancakeIdentity (talk) 15:52, 15 August 2015 (UTC)
- Yes. The Ender Dragon can destroy all End city structures, including chorus plants. What surprised me is that it can destroy end stone bricks, even though it can't destroy regular end stone. Superspace (talk) 21:40, 16 August 2015 (UTC)
End city image for spoiler thing
Hey, the two new structures for the End (including this one) in 1.9 have no images. Can I make one for the wiki? I'll reply to this post once I finish. Thanks! Haykam821 (talk) 00:00, 8 August 2015 (UTC)
Before the Update
In my world, I had beaten the ender dragon before the update had come out. Do the cities still spawn? Do I just need to go really far away to where I haven't been yet?
- The cities generate out there, in any chunk you haven't generated yet, yes. They don't depend on the dragon. Yes, you'd need to start 1000 blocks away from the dragon in any direction. You could re-defeat the dragon, which would give you an end gateway portal to get out there more quickly, or you could build out to the outer islands manually. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 21:05, 6 July 2016 (UTC)
End Cities use Stained Glass in PE 1.0
Though stained glass is not fully implemented in PE 1.0, it does exist in the game and is used in end cities as a placeholder. This can easily be proven by going to an end city, standing above a glass block, and typing the command:
/testforblock ~ ~-1 ~ stained_glass 2
2 in the command is to test for magenta stained glass. This command will return as being successful. If you instead test for regular glass, the command will return unsuccessful. To say it end cities use regular glass (ID 20) is incorrect, because the block ID of glass found in end cities is 241 with a data value of 2, which corresponds to magenta stained glass in PE.
You can also retexture stained glass using resource packs, which turns end city glass magenta (see: http://i.imgur.com/h09H6EY.png). Finally, stained glass can be found in game code though the code for it is not complete; i.e. the rendering engine doesn't properly render semi-transparent textures yet: http://i.imgur.com/TXq9vfO.png
Do we know how often Ships spawn?
- That is reasonable, based on what I have seen (3 cities, 2 ships). However, we should not jump to conclusions without checking the code.
17:15, 6 May 2017 (UTC)
- I looked at net.minecraft.world.gen.structure.StructureEndCityPieces.java from the 1.11.2 MCP, and put together a .js script that simulates it, with the caveat that it doesn't check structure bounding boxes. In my simulation, the percentage of cities that have ships comes in at 62%. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 01:48, 9 May 2017 (UTC)
On average, how many shulkers spawn per End City?
- Ususlly, you can find a shulker every few halls/rooms. 03:22, 15 August 2017 (UTC)