Talk:Dragon Egg/Archive 1
|This is an archive page of Talk:Dragon Egg. Do not edit this page.|
New sections can be added at the current talk page.
- 1 List of INTERACTIONS + RESULTS
- 2 Enderdragon Egg & upcoming information
- 3 Mining
- 4 Teleport Range Wrong
- 5 The proverbal 'chat gem'
- 6 idea!
- 7 Using tools on the dragon egg
- 8 tests
- 9 Some One Help Me!
- 10 What...?
- 11 Why?
- 12 Ok, WHAT?
- 13 Is there A way to enchant a dragon or can it be in the next update
- 14 How long does it take to hatch a ender dragon in minecraft version 1.0.0
- 15 Why is everyone saying the Dragon Egg has no purpose?!
- 16 Someone's changed the picture of the Egg on the list of blocks
- 17 i was bored
- 18 When it falls on something
- 19 I added something I think is relevant but got removed
- 20 No egg! ¦'(
- 21 Possible developments incoming....
List of INTERACTIONS + RESULTS
Since there is a lot of questions concerning what people may or may not have tried I thought it was a good idea to have a list here on the talk. By summing up everything we tried and did to the dragon egg, as well as the effect it had, we can have a very concrete and comprehensive list on the egg. I left it off the info page with good reason as anything not having an effect is of no importance to the readers of the info page.
Feel free to add to the list. Please describe actions as brief as is possible.
None = Nothing happened to the egg at all when this action was attempted.
Warp = The egg warped away when this action was attempted.
Dest = The egg was destroyed and permanently gone when this action was attempted.
Loot = The egg is broken but becomes lootable, it can be picked up as an item
Reac = The egg interacted/reacted (and/or something unusual or rewarding happened) when this action was attempted.
|ACTION||RESULT||DESCRIPTION (if applicable)|
|Attack w/ melee||Warp|
|Shot w/ arrow||None|
|Blown w/ TNT||Dest/Loot||The egg is destroyed, small chance it can be picked up|
|Blown w/ creeper||Dest/Loot||The egg is destroyed, small chance it can be picked up|
|Hit by Enderdragon||Dest|
|Push w/ piston||Loot|
|Drops on top of torch||Loot|
|Dropped into the void||Dest||Egg disappears permanently around y=-20|
|Hit w/ chicken egg||None|
|Touched w/ water||None||Egg obstructs water flow|
|Falls into water||None||Egg 'breaks' the water block|
|Touched w/ lava||None||Egg obstructs lava flow|
|Falls into lava||None||Egg 'breaks' the lava block|
|Dropped on cauldron||None|
|Used in brewing||None||Brewing stand does not accept egg as ingredient|
|Hit with ender pearl||None||The player warps to the pearl as with any other block|
|Hit with eye of ender||None|
|Right-Clicking with eye of ender||Warp|
|Jumping on the egg||None|
|Struck by a lightning||None||Doesn't even move.|
|Lighting egg on fire||Warp||The egg warps away when it's clicked with flint and steel.|
|Powering with redstone||None|
|Putting in water||None|
|Putting in lava||None|
|Using as smeltable item||None|
|Using as fuel||None|
|Bringing into the Regular World.||same effect as Ender World.|
|Right-Clicking with Iron, Stone & Wood Pickaxe||Reac||Floats in mid-air, not falling like it should.|
|Right-Clicking with Gold Pickaxe||Reac||Moves 1 block in any direction. (Floating)|
|Right-Clicking with Diamond Pickaxe||Reac||Disappears or Warps really far|
|Right Click||Warp||It warps not too far away from current potion|
|Move to Egg while Mining any nearby block||Loot||It doesn't warp if you move your crosshair from other blocks while mining.|
|Place the Egg in a frame||Reac||Egg permananly stays in the frame|
: : :|:
Is there any way to trigger egg teleportation from a redstone contraption? Piston obviously doesn't work. A redstone signal doesn't to anything and a dispenser just drops the item instead of spawning it. 13:02, 3 January 2014 (UTC)
Enderdragon Egg & upcoming information
This article has been set up in anticipation for the enderdragon egg as mentioned by Notch. Can those of you who frequently use twitter and reddit keep an eye on new information? --11:52, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
- There are many people in the MinecraftWiki community who keeps an eye on Notch's tweets | 09:32, 30 October 2011 (UTC)
Has anyone been able to mine the egg? When I click it (left or right) it just teleports away. --17:38, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
Yes, to Mine the Egg simply just mine in-front of it and move your character up and it will mine and make it become lootable -Mastajosh72
- Digging a hole to make it fall into the void also only made it disappear.
- : : :|: Only way to get the egg as i've tried is digging under it and placing a torch, as its physics are like sand, you get a 'Dragon Egg' block.
To "collect" or "mine" an Enderdragon egg you must stand in front of the egg and take a step to the left or right and place a sticky piston directly behind the egg. Meaning the piston will face towards you and is now directly behind the egg itself. Then proceed by placing a lever behind the sticky piston facing east or west. Now simply click on the lever and the egg will be able to be collected. It will still move after you place it and click on it so beware. Now to figure out how to hatch it... I do not believe it is hatchable in the current Minecraft 1.9 pre-release 6 update.
Michael Hardy aka Boss craft.
Another way to collect or mine is to dig a block below the block it is on and place a pressure plate under it...i tried a stone one =D
I hacked my Diamond Pickaxe to efficiency level 255 so it insta-breaks everyblock, except bedrock. When I left clicked to break this Dragon Egg, My game crashed, lol :D
Push the egg with a piston and it will drop a Dragon Egg. condorcraft110 19:43, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
Teleport Range Wrong
I have just tried it. The egg teleported up to 17 blocks away from its original position. So the 15x15 area in the article is wrong. Should I take it out? --21:44, 11 November 2011 (UTC)
- I think... Uhm... Yes. Nothing in the rules is speaking about changing wrong articles to a true one. 19:13, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- The actual range of the egg's teleportation is a 31x31x15 cube centered on the egg. I mcedited a mass of smooth stone this size and placed the egg in the center, then filled the holes with torches. The egg didn't teleport. Clearing any blocks would allow the egg to move, but sometime it took several clicks. This sould be useful for a secret door for a player that has the egg; fill in all but one column of blocks in that area then the egg can be used as a key to open a pressure plate activated passageway. -- 21:24, 25 May 2012 (UTC)
The proverbal 'chat gem'
The egg could be like the chat gem from Diablo 2. Something mysterious looking with in reality no function. The mystery shrouding such an item would keep curious players busy looking for an answer for years. It would very much portrait the moral story we get to read when we finish Minecraft, to stay curious and to explore.: : :|:
- I can see this being reasonable, Notch twitted about that chat gem a couple of weeks ago asking if anyone had ever found out what it was for. If I need to I can scroll through and find the tweet, but the problem with it is.. It could end up being called "speculation" forever just because Notch will not confirm it if he wants it to be a mystery thing. I like the idea of it, its already got people trying new and crazy ideas like incubation.. -- | 01:06, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
The surprise will be ruined however, when some smart lil bugger looks at the code and spoils it for us all :P --02:39, 12 November 2011 (UTC)
- It came to my mind too that we have rather easy access to the code to figure that out. :P As opposed to that certain game with the actual chat gem. :P I'll camp The End for some hours while AFK soon. See if it spawns a new dragon or so. It may also have a function once release hits. A process of elimination is the best approach probably.
: : :|:
- THIS IS A WIKI. A WIKI IS AN INFORMATIVE SITE AND IS NOT A FORUM. DO NOT USE AS FORUM. DO NOT USE AS BLOG. 14:51, 6 May 2013 (UTC)
- Finish Minecraft D: I thought they were going to update it until like Armageddon strikes or something.-- 04:04, 29 July 2013 (UTC)EthanPee
Has anyone tried killing the dragon the matter spawning back at your bed going back to the end? If so.is the dragon there? Is your old portal from the first kill there? First: if the portal is there..you can now go back and forth to the end and overworld second: If the egg is there.. It's just a trophy to show how many dragons you have killed. Third: back in the overworld it could be the way you get the red dragon notch has talked about.. Thoughts on these ideas? Also.. Can you mine the endblock? The Whitestone whatever it's called? And the NGO through the portal and have it in the oveworld as a block? If so try encubTing with those blocks and last thing.. Someone look at the code..lol -| 05:52, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- But... looking at the code... that would be like... cheating... ;) --
15:51, 14 November 2011 (UTC)
- this is a wiki. not a forum. I'm actually considering deleting all the spectulation here. it has no use. 14:52, 6 May 2013 (UTC)
- The End is identical to the Nether afaik in that it is just a seperate world. I doubt sleeping (or in case of SMP the whole server sleeping) will reset The End. It seems The End is more aimed at singleplayer.
- So far I imagine the egg is useless until (if ever at all) Notch gives it a purpose.
- : : :|:
- Beds explode in the End, as in the Nether. condorcraft110 19:47, 23 March 2012 (UTC)
Note: After exiting the end the location of the portal changes. The change is a minimum of five blocks away from its original loction. Though the end stays the exact same as wene you left befor hand and the only way to exit is rewatching the creidts. (23:42, 6 February 2013 (UTC))
Using tools on the dragon egg
In the article, the proper tool for the dragon egg is indicated as a diamond pickaxe. Does this mean the egg drops as loot when mined with a diamond pickaxe, or is it destroyed? And what about using pickaxes of another material, or other diamond tools?11:53, 19 November 2011 (UTC)
- If you hit the egg, it will always teleport, no matter what. 18:43, 4 November 2012 (UTC)
ive just done many tests and taken screenshots of the tests.
ive: struck it with lightning (same result as tnt) surrounded it with lava, made a pit of lava, put a cauldron over the lava, put egg on cauldron, made a pit with lit netherrack, put a cauldron over the flame, put egg on cauldron, dropped it into flame (it catchs on fire like when you drop sand into a fire) surrounded egg with flame, traped it so it couldnt teleport and clicked it (teleports to the same spot) placed it on the portal, filled endportal frame with eggs, activated portal (destroyed eggs) threw a endereye at it and got it to fly into the egg. placed it near villagers (they had no idea what to do with it either.) surrounded it in water (felt like i was going to kill the baby enderdragon in the egg) dropped the egg onto a web (sank a bit then became resource) placed a lava bucket in furnace, put ore in then took it out and put egg in so the egg was in a lit furnace. nothing happened.
and my fsvorite test that was rumored to hatch the egg https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/374177_277235685652555_100000983774531_821390_399803243_n.jpg
lava above dripping onto the egg, in a cauldron, and underneath it lit netherack so its surrounded in smoke. with a enderpearl dropped into the cauldron.
NOTHING DOES ANYTHING TO THE EGG! there is no egg hatching related graphics or sounds in the bin, it does not hatch, and ignore anyone who says otherwise. –The preceding unsigned comment was added by ( | ) . Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Pretty Conclusive, good job. 11:30, 21 November 2011 (UTC)
Some One Help Me!
How long does it take to hatch? does it even hatch? i have 1 but i don't know if a should move it or not i really dont know so can some one tell me please i am confused
- try reading the page next time.-- 21:28, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
- No, it cannot hatch. Well, not YET,,,,, maybe in the future? 02:35, 29 July 2013 (UTC)
Would someone kindly explain the "natural Enderdragon Egg structure" image in the gallery?18:06, 1 December 2011 (UTC)
Why isn't the Dragon Egg in the Creative Mode Inventory???
- probably because it will have a use, and possibly a dangerous one if you cannot get it in creative without killing it
- To get the Ender Dragon Egg in Creative mode, you have to kill the Ender Dragon. Once you pick it up, the # of eggs is unlimited, but don't lose the egg!
01:01, 16 February 2013 (UTC)UndeadAngel0921
- There isn't any use for it currently, so there was no intention of adding it to the menu, I assume. You can always do /give yourself 122 and see what happens. 11:18, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
Could someone check/remove the trivia about forcing Enderdragon eggs to hatch/mining Obsidian from them?04:23, 11 December 2011 (UTC)
- anwser you CAN get it on creative you need a mouse to do this not a laptop well the scroller can be used a button by clicking it not scrolling you must be fasing it its NO MOD it worked to me fine i got a lot of this secret i got these blocks that are for the end portal and the portal thingy itself but these blocks are namelles also got monster spawner but only pig
- i got also DRAGON EGG
- ....what? does anyone know how to translate that? it sounds like he's spewing nonsense. --
09:25, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
- He's just hyperventilating cause being excited when finally looting the egg... -- 10:09, 11 July 2012 (UTC)
- ....what? does anyone know how to translate that? it sounds like he's spewing nonsense. --
Is there A way to enchant a dragon or can it be in the next update
i like the fact you can enchant tools so i figured what about dragons to raise speed and strength by enchanting or feeding a dragon something.
- You can't even hatch the egg yet (if ever at all), how do you expect to enchant them? 22:49, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- on the last thing (up) i could totally understand the guy. i have that to many items mod to. but the stupid ender dragon egg just wont hatch! i'm gonna
- You could always enchant it with an anvil... I haven't tried it, but you can. 11:16, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
How long does it take to hatch a ender dragon in minecraft version 1.0.0
Someone plz anser i dont know14:14, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
- First, see to the start of the page. Do you see the words "This item currently does not have a use."? Good. Now, can you tell me what those words mean? If you can, then you've answered your own question. 16:54, 29 December 2011 (UTC)
Why is everyone saying the Dragon Egg has no purpose?!
Has no one messed with it recently? I see all this whining and speculating about it's purpose and all this false information. When I left click the dragon egg, the ender dragon hatches from it. When I right click it, it teleports. The ender dragon can be hatched in both the end and the normal world. Haven't tried the nether yet.
- We all tried to hatch it by left clicking or right clicking but it won't work. Maybe you have som special minecraft download or something. Not all of us can hath it. -Kenny Le
- umm...the guy who originally posted this is right,in the 1.0.0 version in my private server i just left clicked the egg and it spawned an enderdragon with a health bar just like the previous one...now i dont think i got a special download or something because i hadnt got it since alpha and i wasnt the 1.000.000 user etc...my friend could activate it too...and not in just one world.it also worked in all dimensions.when it spawned there was a message with red letters saying you made enderdragon arise from hell or something.it was a bukkit server.plugins:commandbin,mobdisguise,pailplus. -apopap
- Must be a server addon, then. Have you tried clicking it in SSP or a different server? I did, and all it does is teleport away. 22:48, 24 January 2012 (UTC)
- on visgar, a vikingy minecraft server, i was walking to my base, and then suddenly a "boss health" bar appeared, and i died 4 times to it, then became invulnerable to it, and used half an hour of my time killing it with, first my hands, then i made a wooden sword. i eventually got it, and became level 129, and, stupid creepers, got lowered 121 levels by one death... XP -- sincerely, l0n3s0ld13r
Someone's changed the picture of the Egg on the list of blocks
Someone changed it, it's the top of grass now... it might be a placeholder, not sure.
i was bored
i was bored today when i right clicked the dragon egg twice it landed on a railroad that i made to go thou my tiny town and i got the dragon egg as a block.and also works if it lands on farm land02:27, 20 November 2012 (UTC)
When it falls on something
When the dragon egg lands on certain non-solid blocks (fire, tall grass, vines) it destroys them, instead of dropping as a resource. Is there something these blocks have in common? Most other non-solid blocks (torches, bottom slabs, flowers) drop the egg as a resource.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by( | ) 19:19, March 31, 2013(UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
I added something I think is relevant but got removed
I said in the trivia section "Jeb stated that he would like another Enderdragon or a Red Dragon to spawn from the dragon egg." I feel that this is completely relevant and does not need to be removed.–Preceding unsigned comment was added by( | ) 19:36, May 13, 2013(UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- If Jeb actually said this, provide a link to the original source. -- 04:48, 14 May 2013 (UTC)
No egg! ¦'(
My friends and I were in the End, we defeated the Enderdragon, however we got no egg so we can't prove it. All we got was a lump of obsidian where the egg should be. Are there no eggs on the Xbox edition or are there no eggs if you're playing on creative mode?
--18:00, 13 October 2013 (UTC)
- It isn't that there are no eggs if you're playing on creative mode. I can confirm that for sure. I have killed the Ender Dragon multiple times - but never on Survival. Always on Creative. (And no, not on Adventure either! ;-) Every time I killed the Ender Dragon, on top of the End Portal there was an egg. And if you wanna know if there's an egg on the Xbox, watch the final episode of the Minecraft Let's Play! series, Quest To Kill The Ender Dragon. (I can't confirm this myself as I don't even have a video game console, let alone the Xbox edition of Minecraft!) And actually, the Dragon Egg looks a bit like obsidian. Do you even know what a Dragon Egg looks like? 23:57, 27 March 2014 (UTC)
Possible developments incoming....
A Dragon Egg appears in the Overworld in the snapshot image for 13w39a. This has provoked frenzied forum speculation about red dragons. --( ) 19:35, 13 October 2013 (UTC)