No longer new
Random Player: Diorite is no longer new. I'm playing Minecraft at this exact moment and I currently have 15 blocks of Diorite. I have found 2 veins of it so far but I haven't managed to empty either yet. I'm in an Acacia forest on a hill. Hope this helps. --126.96.36.199 01:07, 21 January 2014 (UTC)
- Diorite is only in the newer snapshots. It's still new and isn't even in the real game. Only in snapshots if that makes any sense. --188.8.131.52 17:40, 22 March 2014 (UTC)
Crafting the new “Stones” (I’ll call them)
(Copied from www.minecraft.gamepedia.com/Talk:14w02a ; I'm also Yilante 184.108.40.206 20:56, 23 January 2014 (UTC)) I thought this - highly-Edited - v. of the Crafting List for the planned 1.8 UpDate I re-made might be useful, here. Because Diorite is basically the -precursor, Stone for the other-two, also-Craftable Stones which are - as well - naturally-occurring (as such, as non-Ore - Stones) also as of 14w02a, being Andesite and Granite.
Ok, new approach: all in terms of "2 Blocks," which Diorite and Andesite require, unlike Granite and the Block of Quartz.
2 Cobble from 2 Cobble (1:1 ratio)
2 Diorite from 2 Cobble + 2 Nether Quartz (for separately-Both requiring, Cobble and Nether Quartz, 2:2 = 1:1 ratio[s])
2 Andesite from (2 Diorite via 2 Cobble + 2 Nether Quartz) + 2 Cobble = 4 Cobble + 2 Nether Quartz (2:4 = 1:2 of Andesite to Cobble, 2:2 = 1:1 of Andesite to Nether Quartz)
1 Granite from ([2 Diorite via 2 Cobble + 2 Nether Quartz] /[divided by 2]) + 1 Nether Quartz (1:1 of Granite to Cobble, 1:2 of Granite to Nether Quartz)
OR: 2 Granite from ([2 Diorite via 2 Cobble + 2 Nether Quartz]) +  Nether Quartz (so 2:2 = 1:1 of Granite to Cobble, 2:4 = 1:2 of Granite to Nether Quartz)
1 Block of Quartz from 4 Nether Quartz (OR: X 2 = 2 Blocks of Quartz from 8 Nether Quartz) (1:4 = OR: 2:8 of Block of Quartz to Nether Quartz)
There, it helped to focus on the Logic of the Math /changing-of the Equation(s), rather than the Algebra-ic, ratioS Yilante 220.127.116.11 20:56, 23 January 2014 (UTC)
Merging With Other Stone Pages
Hi, I thought that it would be convenient for players if we merged the pages for Stone, Andesite, Diorite, and Granite. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) at 21:30, 15 February 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I oppose. The four blocks are very different for crafting , much more different than hardened clay and stained clay. Boorider7 (talk) 20:15, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- Also , stone is renewable while the others are not. Will it be renewable , or not? Also , since the polished versions are merged with them , will stone bricks be too since it uses four of the same block which is merged with them like the polished versions. Boorider7 (talk) 20:33, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- I disagree, for the reason I stated on the other two pages.
- By the way, I suggest you give a reason why they should be split, not just you would like it changed. –KnightMiner t/c 20:39, 13 September 2015 (UTC)
- Strong support for several reasons, there really isn't much to gain from having them in the same article. - User-12316399 (talk) 19:06, 25 June 2020 (UTC)