Does anyone know the normal settings for a non-customized world? For example, if I wanted to replicate Large Biomes, what would the Biome Size slider be set to?
- Edit: I realized this information is given in its own column. Not for Large Biomes, however. I can't remove this because I'm a new user. Sorry.
- It appears the number you are looking for is 6. At least, as best my experiments can tell. But then again, they also turned up something disturbing. Firebastard (talk) 09:40, 20 January 2015 (UTC)
Swamp Bug With Lower Ocean
There is a known issue with swamps in lower ocean worlds. Swamps will generate water blocks that would normally be next to river/ocean water blocks, however in low water worlds, the water blocks will still be generated as-is. The water blocks will not update on-render, instead will wait until a player forces a block update ( placing/breaking blocks, using certain mods, e.t.c. ).
I just noticed something; Emerald Ore isn't on the list for the Ore Customization. I know this may seem like a dumb question with an obvious answer, but will Emerald Ore be added for Ore Customization in a later snapshot? Though I am just being extra cautious since you don't know what to expect from Mojang during Major Update Devs...--184.108.40.206 21:23, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
- I don't think any of us could know any more about that than you do. – Sealbudsman (Aaron) (talk) – 21:27, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
- Since Emerald Ore is biome exclusive, I think it is unlikely Mojang will add it. Since this is a feature from a snapshot, it is possible they will add it though.
- --KnightMiner (t|c) 21:40, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
- Even if it is biome specific - they should add an option to increase emerald ore density and frequency within the biome.
sadly they didn't add a way to customize all of the biomes and their inclusion, frequency of: temples, villages, nether fortresses, blaze spawners, treasure chests etc.. max ammount of strongholds.. glowstone and quartz ores :/ Gendalv (talk) 20:05, 4 August 2014 (UTC)
I'd like to know how to set these new customized world setting on my server. I don't see any new properties added to the server.properties file for these settings. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 19:01, 10 August 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I'd like to know too, I want to make it for my friends and I.--18.104.22.168 09:09, 20 August 2014 (UTC)
- Here you go: https://twitter.com/TheMogMiner/status/458573802981842944 22.214.171.124 18:33, 29 August 2014 (UTC)
Some of the biomes on the list of biomes in the table are not on the list ingame in the newer snapshots. I think they should be removed from the table. I'm removing Ice Plains Spikes because I know it is not on the list ingame in the newer snapshots, but if you know of any more, remove them from the list! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Valiec2019 (talk • contribs) at 21:38, 18 August 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
I found this video very useful, and think it should be added to the page. I would do it myself but I don't know the protocol for adding things, at least not things like this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjCsUAkNlU –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) at 07:38, 1 December 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Same here, but I have no idea how to embed. This video shows a time lapse for different settings. Very useful for visual learners. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGjCsUAkNlU 188.8.131.52 10:37, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
- The official policy basically states that the video must be from the official Minecraft Wiki YouTube channel, be on a tutorial article, or be used as a reference (the latter is really only needed for future content). While some of us would like to add other videos, the problem is adding them is it just ends up with videos promoting channels and warring over whose video is the best quality (either by fans or authors). –KnightMiner t/c 23:20, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
Don't you think it would be wiser for the parameter list to list the actual parameters like "coordinateScale"?! –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 12:12, 17 December 2014 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
If someone could adjust the wording of the descriptions part of the advanced section in a way that people could understand a bit easier, that would be great. I have a college degree and am very good with computers, but I have a hard time trying to figure out which variables to change and how much to get a custom world to my liking. (If anyone wants to know, I am just trying to make the default world a bit flatter than normal.) I wish Mojang could have named the options so more users knew what they were looking at.
I noticed that there are additional parameters that aren't listed on this page. For example, I saw a youtube video, that I verified myself, where village(size=1000 distance=0) was applied in a flat biome to create world that has a much higher density of villages. The 'village' parameter doesn't seem to be documented anywhere(nor are the types and constraints of the 'size' and 'distance' sub-parameters, but seems to be known about via word-of-mouth communication across youtube videos and similar social networks.
In general, there seem to be a large list of these missing. 'village' is just one. There are also stronghold, dungeon, mineshaft, biome_1 that each have their own parameters in parenthesis.
timothylegg 220.127.116.11 15:40, 11 July 2018 (UTC)