Best update ever!!!
This is by far, the Best Update Ever!!! Now we can have Vegges! We can also have French fries with our pork chop sandwichs! Any one up for a snack in 1.4!? yay! =D Spencer10APSC 17:12, 23 August 2012 (UTC)
- I agree.Minecraft 1.4 will be the best Minecraft EVER!!! :D
Carrots are dropped by zombies on death...seems pretty rare though, only one so far.
- Well despite the fact that you have to kill zombies for a chance at getting carrots, I must agree that carrots were a great idea to add, it really keeps the game going. But may I make a suggestion: More fruits. Because currently we only have apples, melons, and pumpkins for fruit, although pumpkins are inedible. Maybe bananas, oranges, strawberries, you see where i'm going with this. I love minecraft as is, but there ARE ways to improve it. Trigger hurt 11:25, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
I just wanted to note, as of right now the wiki states carrots grow through 4 stages. This is incorrect as of 12w36a. The textures grow through 4 stages visually, however the carrots and potatoes grow through 8 physical stages and currently take as long as wheat to grow. Doomplug 16:45, 7 September 2012 (UTC) Doomplug
- Easy proof: Use a BUD Switch on it, it will detect updates even if they are not visual. Trigger hurt 11:25, 11 October 2012 (UTC)
- You know, potatoes and carrots are not the only ones with invisible growth ticks: Sugar canes also behave this way, i believe they go through 8 random updates before they actually grow a block, same with cactus. Trigger hurt 02:42, 14 October 2012 (UTC)
Can someone plz post a pic of carrots in jungles? cuz I haven't seen any in jungles KingFlameTail 20:00, 11 September 2012 (UTC)
- I was searching for carrots and potatoes in a jungle for some time (15-30minutes), without success. If they really show up there, they must be quite rare... Zyzyzyryxy 09:58, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
- Another minecraft day searching through the jungle. This time I was breaking all grass found to measure somehow the area. Found about 70 seeds, no carrots nor potatoes. Zyzyzyryxy 18:56, 15 September 2012 (UTC)
Yeah, I kept trying to find them in Jungles, gave up long ago, as to be honest, I hadn't even gotten Zombies to drop them, in countless other Biomes, since giving up upon that. Then, lo and behold one of the first 3 Zombies I killed I killed in a Jungle dropped one. It was such a surprise, that I considered the possibility, that Zombies might only drop Carrots and Potatoes in Jungles..? In any case, no I've never found any sign of either in Jungles, either Yilante 10 /13 /2012 12:34 pm 18.104.22.168 19:35, 13 October 2012 (UTC)
- That is unlikely, since drops do not change depending on biome, unless someone could please check the code again. Trigger hurt 02:34, 14 October 2012 (UTC)
There seems to be confusion about how much hunger it fills
At first, it was 2 points (1 drumstick). Then 6 times, people (mostly unregistered) changed it to 4 points (2 drumsticks), and it was immediately reverted. People told the other people to stop changing it. I was the one that reverted the 6th one, and the person who I reverted told me to test it. There still seems to be confusion, as now the page says it's 4 points. HotdogPi Come to my page! 19:08, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
- I checked it, and it was 4 points (2 drumsticks) for me. I was surprised it was so filling, actually. --22.214.171.124 19:21, 14 September 2012 (UTC)
Add to plants section
This counts as a plant, and therefor should be added to the plants section of the blocks table. Trigger hurt 15:55, 28 September 2012 (UTC)
The page reads "When farmed, they will take four stages to grow rather than the normal eight." right now but it is wrong. There are only 4 textures for the growth but it still has 8 stages total. Some stages share a texture so it might look like there are only 4 stages but in reality there are 8. You can check this from the block's metadata. Potatoes have the same deal. So they are the same as wheat but there are less textures. 126.96.36.199 00:22, 29 October 2012 (UTC)
- It has just occurred to me that the scheme described above implies a "gotcha" for hurried gardeners: The carrots look mature at stage 7, but since they aren't actually mature, they should only drop 1 carrot instead of a full yield. Has anyone checked to see if this is actually a real problem? If not, we'll need to see which other fact is wrong: Only stage 8 gets full yield, or the last two stages look identical. I note that if this is a problem, a trivial fix would be making one or two appearances cover three real stages instead of two. --Mental Mouse 10:52, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- Initial research: two carrot plants, harvested immediately on "showing their roots", yielded 4 carrots apiece. So there is no "false maturity", but something else needs correction. --Mental Mouse 15:13, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- Mojang saw this potential issue and wrote code to avoid it. Stages 1 and 2 use the first texture, stages 3 and 4 use the second texture, but stages 5, 6, and 7 all use the third texture. Only stage 8 uses the fourth texture. -- Orthotope talk 15:32, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
- Thank you! I'll update pages after I walk the dog in RL.... --Mental Mouse 16:33, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
When are carrots coming to xbox?
As stated. On pc, carrots are all I ever use to keep health full but they're still available on xbox. The next update adds jungle biome, so that will sort out my 'how do I farm coco if there's nowhere to plant it' problem, but still nothing about carrots... I like them best because they're the EASIEST food source to farm and keep stocked. Keep up the awesome work.
On the page, it states "Planted carrots take 8 stages to grow." I have tried to find how long a stage is (time), but could not find anything. Could this be clarified?
- All crops advance to the next stage mainly based on random ticks, see Tick#Block tick. –KnightMiner (t·c) 19:41, 5 February 2015 (UTC)
I added carrot on a stick's release to the history and someone removed it. Was he right to remove it?
Just seems stupid to say "this is not the carrot on a stick page" (his reasoning for removing the edit). Carrot on a stick is crafted from carrot. Also the tweet announcement of it is under history, so why is that ok but the release of it isn't? –Preceding unsigned comment was added by WildBluntHickok (talk • contribs) at 2:33, 09 February 2015 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~