- 1 Client Mods
- 2 Skin settings
- 3 Mapmaker vs Contributor
- 4 Typo in 'mapmaker' cape section
- 5 Alternative source of cape-owner information
- 6 Minecon 2016 cape
- 7 Elytra photos
- 8 Minecon Earth (Minecon 2017)'s cape ?
- 9 Turtle Cape
- 10 Does anyone care how many users own a cape?
- 11 Bedrock Edition Jeb hair cape
This page says that capes are implemented via mods. Isn't an adjustment related to the way things look implemented via resourse pack? 220.127.116.11 22:25, 4 June 2015 (UTC)
- Normally, yes. However, in the case of capes, resource packs can't add them (generally, resource packs are unable to tweak player skins), and thus a mod is needed to have it check for a custom cape. --Pokechu22 (talk) 23:33, 19 January 2016 (UTC)
"Skin options/Disable cape" => changes ?
--18.104.22.168 14:30, 16 October 2015 (UTC)
Mapmaker vs Contributor
Given that namemc isn't an official site (I'm only including it in the references section because it's a lot more approachable to seeing who has it than the texture API), it probably shouldn't be the source for the name. The name isn't found in any of the official APIs (well, we could call it the 43a51d34b076f9ada555dca562206bd942e46a3c4d5f83c2c29e5b9c3d7dbcb cape, but... you can see why that isn't a good idea).
However, it's possible that the name is found elsewhere (maybe on the mojang profile page). So if the name is found anywhere, it would be useful to know. Also, I'm going to contact namemc and see where they're getting that name from (because as far as I know, there isn't an API to get all capes owned by a player, yet they do so..., so there may be something I'm missing).
- Looking at the site now, it calls the cape "Realms Mapmaker", and that is the name used on the Minecraft website, so I would go with "Mapmaker" –KnightMiner t/c 04:24, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
- Springstof here. On the Minecraft profile page the cape is called the MapMaker cape, with two capital M's. Proof: Screenshot. --Vrijgevochten (talk) 13:30, 20 January 2016 (UTC)
Typo in 'mapmaker' cape section
It's a very minor change, but the page seems to be protected so I can't fix it myself. "Moseh" is supposed to be spelled "Moesh". Might also be good to reword it slightly, as it could easily be interpreted as a user named "Currently" also having the cape. My suggested version would be "The only known users that currently have this cape are Sethbling, ..., and Moesh."Qwertyuiopthepie (talk) 10:36, 16 February 2016 (UTC)
Alternative source of cape-owner information
identifies 14 current owners of the MapMaker cape as of 03-Apr-2016:
Aikiebo dragnoz EpicMelon K1ll1er Kupo Moesh MojangRealms Nobleman paaaaaaat samasaurus6 SethBling Skypit slicedlime Springstof
It also reveals a (possible) Minecon 2016 design modelled by Mojangsta KrisJelbring:
mynameisperl --22.214.171.124 13:42, 3 April 2016 (UTC)
Minecon 2016 cape
The 2016 Minecon cape it here! As I couldn't edit the Cape page on this wiki, here is the file for the cape which I got directly from "textures.minecraft.net" (although I renamed it, and added the .png).
126.96.36.199 04:44, 26 September 2016 (UTC)LeeSpork
I wonder if the wiki shouldn't provide, for each cape, another image showing the render while wearing an Elytra. The page is semi-protected and I'm too lazy to create an account if this idea is not accepted... ;)
188.8.131.52 12:42, 16 September 2017 (UTC)
Minecon Earth (Minecon 2017)'s cape ?
but there is a minecon live 2019 cape. --184.108.40.206 21:28, 29 September 2019 (UTC)
Does anyone care how many users own a cape?
I noticed several entries that say "As of (date), X users own this cape."
These things keep changing, and it seems like an unnecessary maintenance burden to keep updating them. It's trivia. Do we really need these factoids in the article? Does anyone object to removing them? ~ Amatulic (talk) 06:32, 10 February 2020 (UTC)
- I'll remove this information in a week or so if there's no objection. ~ Amatulic (talk) 18:53, 20 February 2020 (UTC)
Bedrock Edition Jeb hair cape
i noticed that capes from skin packs are now listed on this page however one i noticed still missing was jeb's "hair cape" from the 3rd birthday skin pack https://marketplace.minecraft.net/en-us/pdp?id=603d6be1-7745-4ad8-8af3-908ad017500f
however i suck at editing wikis and neither do i know how i'd create a proper render so i'm just adding this to the talk page
220.127.116.11 19:11, 23 May 2020 (UTC)