Any ideas of why its there?
possibly to take screenshots? make fancy homes? im not sure but i think its not going to be added i guess.[thesquid120]
- I was about to add a topic 'Possibility of Custom Paintings?', where you could take a picture of your house, and make it into a painting.Well,Yours truly, Ajc_1254 15:10, 20 August 2011 (UTC)
right we might able to take custom paintings but iwas thinking of making a movie theather? [[mewtwoy]]
Maybe if we go deeper into the files, we can find a use for it, like a secret 11 (10 fingers + nose) touch that will activate it! But for now, we will never know Evau1 20:50, 23 April 2012 (UTC)
Actually, it does have a use. As thesquid120 said, it takes a screenshot without the HUD. Don't remember the file where the pics are stored...126.96.36.199 03:56, 3 June 2013 (UTC)
Can someone post the textures? I don't have a Xperia play and if I did I will, most likely, not know how to see the files.
Also in iOS version
I've looked through the files on my jailbroken iPhone - camera.png is in there as well.
- Yea I realized that the image would need to be changed to a mobile device or something after the release of the iOS version. Need someone to change it. - Asterick6 23:34, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
Why is it a block?
If it is just a texture now, how do you know that it's a block and not entity or item? DiEvAl 14:30, 12 December 2011 (UTC)
- in the files i got that litle image.Scarecrow1000 03:52, 28 March 2012 (UTC)
- In a disassembled Android libminecraftpe.so, the camera is an Entity, TripodCamera, with methods common to entities such as getEntityTypeId as well as a CameraItem for the inventory view. Its renderer is based on an entity renderer, as its render method is TripodCameraRenderer::render(Entity*, float, float, float, float, float). I think this should be moved to an Entity. Http500 01:38, 9 May 2012 (UTC)
How do we know the blast resistance? Is there any coding for that? 188.8.131.52 18:22, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
You might be interested in this:  There is an actual camera block in game. The data value is 456 according to [[Data values (Pocket Edition)|this page]]. --☺ Sven R.I.P. Donna Summer 18:13, 18 May 2012 (UTC)
Umm... I'm confused
Moss stone in the picture
When I looked closely at the photo with Steve and a house covered by smoke, I saw moss stone. amoss stone will be in 0.4.0, but how come moss stone is there when 0.4 is not even released yet? Dlpham 18:16, 24 August 2012 (UTC)
- I took that pic in a world with many hacked-in blocks, including mossystone. You'll notice it's also the Faithful 32 TP. It's just what I had up and running at the time the camera entity was discovered. --OSX2000 11:39, 11 September 2013 (UTC)
Any change in 0.16.0
I haven't gotten involved yet in disassembling the PE version, to be able to answer this question, so maybe, Jocopa3, you can help:
camera is now listed in the
/summon autocomplete, and besides that it can't actually be summoned (neither of which I think warrant a mention in the changelog, in my opinion), are there any notable changes to the camera in 0.16.0?
@ChuckSmith127: are you really able to setblock a camera? Or are you inventory editing? Because I cannot setblock it, it gives an invalid syntax error , I assume for using a block argument not in the autocomlete. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 06:09, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- @Sealbudsman: When I type /give @p camera, it gives me a camera in inventory that looks like a block, but it spawns the entity when I place it. But I can place the block if I type /setblock ~ ~ ~ camera. I think it is also possible to place it with editing. My version is 0.16.0 build 1. That's all I know. ChuckSmith127 (talk) 06:24, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- @ChuckSmith127: I think I figured it out. We may be playing different revisions. Interesting read:  they re-released build 1, taking away "education edition only items." I have 0.16.0 build 1, but I guess I downloaded it after the revision, so I don't have, for instance, the NPC spawn egg, the border block, or the camera block, which I saw you add to the wiki these past few hours. I have watched videos with the NPC spawn egg, and it has the exact same version number at the top, as I have. They apparently didn't change the version number in this case.
- I am really glad you screenshotted those things, and made pages. I think they might keep those blocks out of the game, in build 2 or the release, and It might help to have some record of things, *especially* for the Education Edition page. We have so little info on that edition.
- So that is my guess anyway. I guess we can wait until build 2 or the release to see how things go. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 12:04, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Sealbudsman, ChuckSmith127; pardon my interruption, but both of you may actually be playing different builds. A post was just released on the beta blog regarding such: http://pocketbeta.minecraft.net/2016_09_01_archive.html -BDJP (t|c) 13:28, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- Mine says, in game, "v0.15.90 alpha build 1" – Sealbudsman talk/contr 13:52, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- ... and my Play store says I have 0.15.90.2 installed. Which is different from how it's described in that link. So BDJP007301 maybe you are correct. This discussion probably should continue at Talk:Pocket Edition Alpha 0.16.0. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 15:26, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- EDIT: Would you be able to screenshot the npc spawn egg, or open the APK and get the texture, if you know how? In case we can't get it later.
- Actually if you can open the APK, and can get the NPC texture, the the camera block texture and the border block texture, I think that would allow people to do renders. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 12:11, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Some features do not seem to be mentioned
When I played Minecraft Education Edition, I found that pressing "Shift" and "Mouse2" at the same time can quickly capture a photo and store it in the portfolio, but your wiki page does not seem to mention this feature. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) at 6:25, 26 January 2017 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Thanks for the tip, I'll add it to the wiki page! A lot of Education Edition features are undocumented on this wiki because it's hard for regular users to play a copy of the Education Edition without a university/school email account. Any information regarding the EDU edition is greatly appreciated. Jocopa3 (talk) 06:59, 26 January 2017 (UTC)