- 1 Stackable?
- 2 Cakes now suck!
- 3 This page is no longer a joke
- 4 THE CAKE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED
- 5 Block?
- 6 Milk?
- 7 Wait
- 8 Crafting Slots
- 9 Just noticed
- 10 Placing Cakes
- 11 Trapping a Cake
- 12 Challenge - Eat cake before dark
- 13 Item?
- 14 Callum
- 15 Birthdaay Cake
- 16 Possible Glitch with Cake?
- 17 Is this really necessary?
- 18 Can sheep eat grass through cake?
- 19 Silk Touch
- 20 Move Trivia point to Advantages
- 21 I've added a bug in the list.
- 22 Cake recipe - Minecraft logic at its best
- 23 «Does stack»?
- 24 Cake kills chickens...
- 25 Cake slices increase
It says cakes are stackable (64) but in 1.1 I can't get them to stack at all. Did the update change this?
- This is one of the objects that have different IDs as items and as blocks. The crafted item does not stack. The block does stack, but you can't get it in your inventory without some sort of hacking or server commands. -- Orthotope 06:21, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
Cakes now suck![edit source]
Too bad I didn't sell my cake before 1.8. They used to heal you all the way, now they can't even do that indirectly unless you already have food!!! Cake should heal all 10 food bars or more!
Exactly. Go Cakeless! It's the only way to go really.
They'll stop you from starving to death.(Which I did in Hardcore).126.96.36.199 19:40, 8 March 2014 (UTC)
This page is no longer a joke[edit source]
Can someone please tell me why this page is here? We know next to nothing about cake, all we know is that it's a planned item. Should we be going through every idea on getsatisfaction that's been marked as "planned" and make pages for those as well? If the page for Beta wasn't allowed until Beta was released, then this page shouldn't be allowed until cake is an actual item in the game. The same with the Lanterns page (although Lanterns were discussed a lot around the time of the Halloween update, so maybe Lanterns should be mentioned as a note on the Halloween Update page). The cake image is ridiculous, when lanterns were in the pipeline people posted ideas about what the lantern might look like and how it might be crafted, and they were quickly removed from the Lantern page as speculation. So tell me, why is the flashing image on this page allowed to stay? --DannyF1966 12:55, 29 December 2010 (UTC)
- I think that the flashing image is rather annoying. I think it's a pretty useless page in the current state, since it's completely devoid of any sources.
- Here's the link to Notch's statement about adding cake to the game:
- Kizzycocoa's statement that nothing is certain just means that we won't know if it will ever be added until we actual see it. Notch has promised tons of stuff that has never been delivered (polar bears, mountable horses, achievements, dyes for cloth, siege weapons, roads, ragdoll physics, etc.) Since cake is fairly easy, and people are making a big deal about it, I would be surprised if it's not in the first patch of 2011.
- --Chezzik 21:44, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
- Exactly my point, nothing is certain about cake at all. Beta was a certainty, and we knew a good few facts about it before it came out - enough to make a page bigger than this one, but the Beta page was suppressed until release. Why the double standards? And also, doesn't this page now break rule #19? --DannyF1966 21:56, 30 December 2010 (UTC)
Notch did say he'd add it if he that award thing. But the animated GIF has no real reason to be there.
I think we should keep this page i mean this is one of the most confirmed things. But i agree the animation should be removed.
THE CAKE HAS BEEN CONFIRMED[edit source]
Notch said the update will be Thursday
lol there is no way that cake is a block. This should be in the "items" category. -Izacque 22:29, 10 January 2011 (UTC)
It's seems to be an Item and a Block too.We can put in Items and Blocks category at the same time. - The Dark Killer 13 January 2011
- It's not an item any more than a block of Cobblestone is. It seems to be an entity in the same way Furnaces, Workbenches, Jukeboxes and Dispensers are. SteveZombie 10:58, 14 January 2011 (UTC)
How can you take the milk outta the bucket????? Will you need to use 3 buckets to make 1 cake? –The preceding unsigned comment was added by UMA1337 (Talk|Contribs) 18:21, 11 January 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- Notch said (in a tweet somewhere) that you will get back 3 empty buckets when you "craft" the cake. --Gnu32 18:36, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
- The milk is replaced by empty buckets after crafting. --Melzardust 18:25, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
~Toastman500 Why is it that the cake is under blocks, but when you click on it at the bottom of the page it directs you to items? Also sorry if I messed up I'm new here. –The preceding unsigned comment was added by Toastman500 (Talk|Contribs) 13:46, 12 January 2011. Please sign your posts with ~~~~!
- There is a bit of confusion as to whether cake will be a block or an item. Yesterday someone changed everything about Cake to Item, but then I noticed someone reverted the block template edit to have Cake in "Blocks". Anyone know the official word on whether cake will be an item or block? I'd say item but that's speculation. --Gnu32 14:04, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
- It would appear that the cake item will be edible and can be placed as a cake block. Obviously we don't know if destroying a cake block makes it drop a cake item, lol. -Izacque 16:51, 12 January 2011 (UTC)
Crafting Slots[edit source]
I'm searching the crafting slots for this,but nothing for now,do you found something? I tried with sugar and sugar canes. --- User:The Dark Killer
Just noticed[edit source]
If you sneak on cake, you fall off it. And it's edible to 6 parts, the collision model is exact. Can you add? Tehninjah 19:32, 13 January 2011 (UTC)
Placing Cakes[edit source]
Can someone please say how to place it? Right-click? Left-click? Eating it = Right-click?
- When you are holding a cake, you will place it with right click, when you are injured, you will eat a place cake with right click.
Also - Cakes cannot be placed on top of other cakes. They can be placed on top of a stone slab, but will appear to be floating in the air. Breaking the block under a cake will completely destroy the cake, even if it has not been eaten at all.
Trapping a Cake[edit source]
I am curious what happens to a block of sand or gravel placed above a cake. Does it fall down onto the cake? If not, does it still stay there if you eat the cake? If not, then you could use that falling sand to reveal a lava flow...
- Sand placed directly on top of the cake will stay up, sand placed with at least one empty block between the sand and the cake will turn into it's item form. --Urian 09:27, 29 January 2011 (UTC)
Challenge - Eat cake before dark[edit source]
Can we add a link or referance this challenge on this page? --Tnarg 18:02, 3 February 2011 (UTC)
hi there, im new here so im getting this straight: the cake is not an item, so why is it the item section? it would be better to remove it from the items and leave it only on the blocks
Who is callum? Why is the cake especially good for his birthday? Surely it's especially good for notches birthday? This was added by Gombnom but that page no longer exists.... Pureferret 10:32, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
Birthdaay Cake[edit source]
Do you think that, if Notch decides to add like a birthday gift system, would a cake be in the there chest, along with Iron and Gold Ingots, a party hat (half-durability gold hat) and a special sign when placed says "Happy Birhtday"! Jedi in, um, I forgot. 13:43, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
- This is not a suggestion page, please make you'r suggestions at the minecraft forums.--Yurisho 13:46, 17 July 2011 (UTC)
Possible Glitch with Cake?[edit source]
What I've noticed is that, I had made a cake after getting all the supplies and I made a table, then its not on top of the table, its like floating in mid air. Is this suppose to be a glitch or something because I thought tables were going to made to place stuff on top? --188.8.131.52
- It's not a glitch. You're probably using a pressure plate on top of a fence to make a table. That's two blocks. When it comes to block placement a pressure plate is considered a full block. To make tables that are compatible with cake, dig a 2-block-deep hole. Put a redstone torch on the bottom and a piston in the top of the hole, just above the redstone torch. Put the cake on the extended piston head.
184.108.40.206 17:29, 11 February 2012 (UTC)
Is this really necessary?[edit source]
Is the "real-life recipe" for the cake really important at all? It has no relevance to the game and probably won't work in real life...Cobalt32 17:24, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
- I don't think so. A list of real-life equivalent quantities of ingredients would be trivia at best. Probably violates rule 7 as it's written. -- Orthotope 17:40, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
- Took care of it. Move along. | JSan 17:52, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
Can sheep eat grass through cake?[edit source]
I put cake all over a grass floor and a sheep ate the grass through the cake. I haven't tested in survival or multiplayer yet.
Silk Touch[edit source]
Could someone check if it's possible to use Silk Touch on cake to get it back?
Move Trivia point to Advantages[edit source]
This is a small change but don't want to mess with a decent article so I only suggest it that point "Cake makes no sound when eaten." should be in Advantages, as for me for example that is the reason I decided to switch (using cheats it's easy to say :D )MaxKing 22:16, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
I've added a bug in the list.[edit source]
I've tried to place a cake on a "table" (pressure plate and fence) and it suddenly disappeared, nothing on inventory or placed. I've tested in creative mode to see if it's an actual bug, but nothing happened. I don't know what were the circumstances for that to happen. So I just wrote that it may happen "occasionally".
Cake recipe - Minecraft logic at its best[edit source]
Have you ever thought about how absurd the cake recipe really is? It's kinda funny. :p
- Firstly, the milk. A milk bucket is absurd enough on its own; it's 1000 liters(*) of milk from one cow in one go, and the cow can instantly be remilked. Three buckets are 3000 liters of milk. (I feel sorry for the poor cows.)
(*)Each Minecraft bucket holds the absurd 1000 liters, because a bucket can hold one water/lava source block. One block = 1000 liters. Note that one MC bucket of water, if you could drink it, would kill most people.
- Second, the wheat. One thing is, why not flour? Another is that three wheat corresponds to three square meters worth of wheat. I'm not sure just how much that corresponds to in real life, but it probably is a lot more than you normally would need for a cake.
- Third, the sugar. I've looked at the sugar cane texture, and it looks like there are eight canes per block. One piece of sugar cane (the item) then corresponds to 8 meters worth of sugar cane, and one sugar pile. With two sugar per cake, that's 16 meters. Again, I'm not sure how much sugar you'd get from that in real life, but it probably is a lot more than two small piles.
- And lastly, all of this is mixed together with a single egg.
Summary: 3000 liters of milk, 3 square meters worth of wheat, 16 meters worth of sugar, one egg. All this for a cake that restores as much as three apples. Those apples must be huge! :p
This is definitely Minecraft logic at its best. I love it. :)
---Krijac98, too lazy to log in as usual, 220.127.116.11 15:05, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
- Did you remember in your water calculation that one block of water is not actually one full block high? It's actually 2 pixels shorter than an ordinary block, but it would probably still kill someone. Lemme do some calculations here:
- 1 block=1m3
- 16 pixels=1 meter=100cm
- 100 / 16=6.25=6.253cm/pixel
- 16*16*2=512 pixels to remove
- 16*16*16=4096=4096 pixels/block
- 4096-512=3584=3584 pixels/water block
- 3584*6.25=22400=224003 cm/water block
- 224003=22.4 liters.
- And that concludes it. Technically, one block of water is equal to 22.4 liters of water. It's still alot, but it's significantly less than your conclusion of 1000 liters. Even if you wanted to count the spread, you could not. As that would predict that lava flows just as far as water, which it doesn't by a landslide. However, that means that the cake recipe uses approximately 67.19 liters of milk, which is excessively much.
- For wheat, look at the minecraft texture and multiply it times 4. Then look at the texture for the item and try to decipher about how many stalks of wheat are in it. Then you have your answer.
- For sugar, technically no. Look at the sugar cane item texture. It is this that is used in crafting, not the actual sticks. How many are present? You count them. Then, knowing 1 meter=16 pixels, see how long each one is, then see exactly how much sugar that would produce.
- As far as the egg goes, I must agree with you. There should probably be 2 or three eggs for such a large cake. #trigger_hurt(I|T|C) Check out my project! 18:31, 10 January 2013 (UTC)
--- Youre calculation is wrong. Its actualy 875 litres of milk and water. Second to last line is wrong.--18.104.22.168 16:14, 1 June 2013 (UTC)
«Does stack»?[edit source]
Cake kills chickens...[edit source]
I found that in a two block room, if a chicken step on a cake, it starts to take damage. I broke my bug tracker account, so could someone post this for me?
Cake slices increase[edit source]
To clear this up, WildBluntHickok, in all versions, you can /setblock all sizes of cake slices, and they appear the same width no matter the version. However, size 5 is the size where, now, you have 2 bites remaining, but, before, you had only 1 bite remaining. In 1.7.10 it was indeed the old behavior. Interesting tidbit for your weekend! – Sealbudsman talk/contr 17:33, 20 December 2015 (UTC)