We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
ATTENTION: Clay is NOT an ore, although the article says that.
Name confusion with block[edit source]
I find it confusing since in the inventory the block is called "bricks"and the item is called "brick" the plural of brick would be bricks...? Ecreme 01:59, 27 May 2011 (UTC) Yea... Ajc 1254 16:31, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
- I'll see if I can rename it. Verhalthur (talk)(contribs) 16:36, 25 July 2011 (UTC)
I agree. Brick in the inventory is brick, not clay brick. I don't know if this name was either changed before the wiki knew, or someone named it themselves. But I agree on terms of weather the name should be moved or not. funnystuff97 (talk) (contribs)
- If you don't know what you're doing, don't try and move pages. –ultradude25 (T|C) at 06:33, 6 August 2011 (UTC)
- btw did you know you were talking to the admin (ultradude) so I don't think personal attacks were a smart idea. Always check and think before acting (in this case, both moving the page and talking in a unacceptable manner). Remember not to copypaste the info. ALWAYS use link to move it and discuss before moving. Sorry for the lecture but just giving you a heads up so you don't screw up again. -and "I thought that was how it was done. Sorry I guess" is a really ignorant and n00b comment. Did you even read the FAQs/tutorials/rules in a wiki before editing them? I don't wanna (and am not supposed to) bash "new members" but still...
Anyways, forget the rant and keep editing and contributing. - Asterick6 09:45, 29 October 2011 (UTC)
So who will give the go-ahead?[edit source]
- Normally, a user could just move the page using the drop down arrow menu next tot he star in the upper right. However, as the page that this will be moved to already exists, a mod has to delete the page and then move it, in order to preserve the editing history. Normal users like us can't do that ourselves. Verhalthur (talk)(contribs) 19:25, 2 October 2011 (UTC)
User:R2-D2 recently changed all the instances of Clay (Item) into Clay Balls. I'm not so confident it should be changed, even in the interests of removing all the parentheses from item names. The in-game name is simply "Clay". I also didn't see a mention of the change in either MCW:Community_portal#Article_Movement_in_Progress or this talk page... I don't want to get in trouble, so I didn't revert it myself. Thoughts? - Apollyna (T|C) 15:02, 8 October 2011 (UTC)
- Always take the initiative in editing, but if there is a chance of edit wars, then discuss first before reverting or keeping. Anyways back on topic - I think the Clay "balls" can be renamed to another name such as Clay Piece (someone check the source code? for possible different name since official tag is Clay by itself).
Edit (my previous suggestions on Clay is kinda wrong): "Clay" Brick should just stay as Brick or can even be changed into Brick of Clay or Clay Brick if there are future additions of other types of brick/bars(Nether brick/bar?). The Block made of clay bricks should be changed into Block of Brick to preserve the original in-game tag and prevent confusion. (The blocks of metals and gems are named this way). Lastly, the page Brick or Bricks (depending on popular usage) should be made into a disambiguation page linking to all the different types of bricks (Block of Brick, Nether Brick, Stone Brick). The "Clay" Brick can be linked too, with a description telling it apart from the others. And then all the clay pages can have the template used for ingots, ores, and blocks. I can do all this once the pages are deleted or moved. - Asterick6 09:45, 29 October 2011 (UTC)
- One would hope that the code itself would fix the confusion, but... from the code, the (clay) Brick block is "tile.brick", while the Brick item is "item.brick". The Clay block is "tile.clay", and the "Clay Balls" item is "item.clay". It's all rather ambiguous...
- I partly agree with Asterick6 here, with a few changes. Most likely, anyone searching for "brick" will be looking for the (clay) Brick block, so I think, once everything is cleared up, searching for "brick" should directly lead to the current "Brick (Block)" page (whatever the name is in the future), with something like "This article is about the clay brick block. For the individual brick item, see Brick (Item). For other uses, see Brick (disambiguation)." Aeviternity 19:47, 23 November 2011 (UTC)
dont you melt clay instead of diamonds to make a brick!!!
- Um, what? could you please explain what you tried to say? I doubt that anyone understood what you just said. 184.108.40.206 19:38, 8 October 2012 (UTC)
Throwable bricks[edit source]
A cool idea would be to be able to throw bricks, and count as entities when thrown. But instead of throwing them like snowballs, they would use a custom texture and actual dimensions. and depending on how far it traveled, would increase the chance of it becoming irretrievable or not. But another feature would be that it gave every block a data value, if they had one or more already, then a new value for each one that has a texture of a brick embedded inside that block. For entities, probably for every 2 or 3 blocks the brick travels it adds an extra half a heart of damage to the already 1 heart damage it deals. Greater distance = greater damage, to an extent. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Trigger hurt (Talk|Contribs) 21:07, 27 September 2012 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- As has been repeatedly stated, the wiki is not a place for suggesting new features. No one at Mojang ever reads the talk pages. If you think you have a great idea, post it on the forums or Reddit, but not here. -- Orthotope 01:17, 28 September 2012 (UTC)
- As i have stated before, I am aware of this. But it would be cool right?
Support. All the way, absoulutly.--220.127.116.11 11:59, 8 April 2013 (UTC)awesomedude6808