Talk:Bottle o' Enchanting
- The item appears to have been renamed to "Experience Potion"; should the page be moved to reflect that? My opinion is that we need to stay constant with the game's naming of the items. ~Keaton_Mask 01:09, 1 May 2012 (UTC)
- I think it should be mentioned that the name was changed to Experience Potion. 184.108.40.206 11:35, 11 August 2012 (UTC)Jeansowaty
I think if it has been changed to just "Experience Potion" for the PC, that it should be mentioned that it is still "Bottle o' Enchanting" for the Xbox 360 Edition. (KGuitarMan94 14:30, 3 May 2013 (UTC))
- As of Minecraft 1.5.2 and 13w18c (both PC), this item is still named “Bottle o' Enchanting” in the default language. —Fenhl 17:55, 3 May 2013 (UTC)
Looks like an item that will be used in Adventure Mode - first spawn eggs spawning mobs when launched from dispenser, than the dispenser texture change, and now this - an exp reward + fire charges to cause fire on will. Looks like we'll have to wait for it for less time than expected :) Xeoxer 13:34, 27 January 2012 (UTC)
This item is very abusable on smp.
first,a player goes into a multiworld server.
the player goes into a creative world.
the player gets level 100 with enchantment bottles.
the player goes to survival world.
- "multiworld" is something that only happens with mods, so blame the mod for not tracking separate experience levels per world. You could always abuse creative to get XP anyway, since monsters aren't hostile until attacked and you have spawn eggs. —kpreid 15:46, 6 February 2012 (UTC)
It will probably be used as a way to save EXP when adventuring you have to make a bottle/bottle of water and then enchant it, but some experience should be lost to prevent unlosable exp(though you have to get to an enchanter every time so maybe not). So you can store exp in chests via bottles, sounds useful. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by Codebracker (Talk|Contribs) 17:22, 11 February 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- Good idea, could be used to give EXP to other players in SMP. I hope this will come true. Although it will cost a bottle, so EXP should not be lost. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (Talk) 01:02, 17 March 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
It would be awesome if this was made craftable. Atm those that fight monsters or grind at xp traps get easy XP where as the spelunkers, builders and crafters have no way of getting XP. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (Talk) 19:37, 15 February 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- I definitely agree, I would like if you could brew this with maybe glistering melons, because that would give gold another use. Feldor 22:56, 26 February 2012 (UTC)
Response: Well if you use glistering melons that makes a potion of healing.
- Common Sense:Ok so if this were only obtainable via creative mode, what is the point of having it? you cant die, so no need to defend against monsters, you cant gain Xp, so there would be no point, why would they go out of their way to create a useless potion for no reason when the creators could work on something else? There must be a way to craft this, maybe eyes of ender, or ender pearls, maybe diamonds, rotten flesh, something from blaze cubes? slime balls, uhhh, blaze powder, blaze rods, i do not know, but there must be a way. –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (Talk|Contribs) 05:40, 4 March 2012. Please sign your posts with ~~~~
- It was implemented before the requirement of experience in creative mode for enchanting was removed (by popular demand). So there was a reason for it at first. Might still be useful in adventure mode, if/when that comes out. -- Orthotope 08:03, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
- Reply to common sense - The enchanting potion's main use (or only) use is simply for adventure maps, multiplayer, different Minecraft clients, and shop-like mods. This does help with the actual use of the item without creating a whole new item (Ie. a Mod), but does not solve the fact the item is not illegitimately obtainable. The summary of this all is that the potion is just a treasure or prize, currently un-craftable. In my opinion,
it would only make sense to make this craftable, but with rarer items so players do not over-use the power and ignore mob fighting for experience. -- TyGuyhi 11:00, 2 April 2012 (EST)
Maybe you could have to brew stuff to get it. To obtain it you would have to brew a bottle of water with a gold nugget or ingot to make a basic bottle o' enchanting. Then you'd have to brew it with a bunch of glowstone to make it give more experience each time. (KGuitarMan94 18:17, 3 May 2013 (UTC))
Moving BOE out of Creative Only
Now that as of Snapshot 12w21a, Bottle o' Enchanting can be obtained in Survival by trading with Priest (Purple) Villagers. Does his mean when the 1.3 update is released, we must place the item in another section of the item box? If so, where should we put it? --ThingStuffObject 20:15, 24 May 2012 (UTC)ThingStuffObject
- The BOE is still Creative only. Until 1.3 comes out, it should stay there. MarioLuigi2010 23:47, 26 May 2012 (UTC)
- Why didn't you remove all of the planned features then? Example, Chain Armor, as well as Book and Quill and Written book? All of them are "Planned". Iyeru 00:40, 27 May 2012 (UTC)
What If people Rely on this What Will Happen? --126.96.36.199 17:53, 14 June 2012 (UTC)Guan28
No longer legitimately obtainable from 1.8 on
1.8 will remove BOE's from villager trading, which is quite a bad idea. They're an interesting way of obtaining XP. Bottles of Enchanting should remain obtainable in survival, else they will lose a lot of their already small amount of purposes.
188.8.131.52 16:30, 18 February 2014 (UTC)
The lack of villagers trading them was a bug, and it was later fixed in a bug fix in 14w31a. So you got your wish.
--184.108.40.206 17:20, 31 July 2014 (UTC)