Talk:Block of Gold
We need to update the picture.
-Q: Does anyone know how deep you have to dig to find gold? I'm down to the lava and still haven't found any.
- I've only found gold in caverns near the bottom (Of alpha maps), but I've never gone looking/using cartograph. Milokp 02:19, 14 September 2010 (CDT)
- I'd recommend not looking for it, for if you just mine around in random caverns, you're bound to find some eventually. --Funkadacious
I've got some spare gold on hand, but is making tools out of it at all useful? With the durability of wood, it wouldn't last very long as a tool. Considering the armor gold creates isn't the best either, what does one do with it? The only thing I can think of would be to make statues out of gold blocks. -Funkadacious
- for now, nothing. but it'll likely be used for something in the future.--Kizzycocoa 21:43, 26 October 2010 (UTC)
I think that it is for bling(Just like real life). The watch is the only useful thing that it can make, the gold apple is way to expensive to make to be useful.
I think you should definitely not craft any tools with your gold. I did once and I lost a lot of valuable iron because gold pickaxes can't mine anything. I think you should make some gold nuggets or something. :) ModelBuilderof2012 10:55, 13 September 2012 (UTC)
If you get 4 blocks, you can make a Tower of Pimps! That's what I did. 22.214.171.124 03:28, 22 October 2012 (UTC)
How was this changed? O.o--Kizzycocoa 07:03, 31 October 2010 (CDT)
Could someone please post a picture of the new block? F1racer101 07:26, 31 October 2010 (CDT)
- I'm assuming this is a bug, it's using the same texture on all sides now, which looks odd; I'll ask on Twitter. Until Notch confirms it, I'm not making a new render. –ultradude25 (T|C) 05:36, 1 November 2010 (CDT)
- Hold on! Solid diamond and iron blocks are the same... maybe it was on purpose? F1racer101 19:16, 1 November 2010 (CDT)
Old gold texture
Quatrokingslayer 20:55, 21 October 2011 (UTC) Expunged some useless trivia, cleaned the place up a bit.
Only ore block not breakable by a pick made of the same material
It seems i cant break gold blocks with gold picks..the lapis block is self explanatory. 126.96.36.199 22:16, 23 October 2011 (UTC)
The gold apple should have the enchanted animation.Frogjg2003 01:58, 14 June 2012 (UTC)
1. this is gold BLOCK page not gold APPLE page
2. it does have enchanted animation...
Russell4 19:45, 21 July 2012 (UTC)
Is it just me or does the gold block and diamond block texture look like a cameltoe?
A study on the weight of gold blocks and the player's inventory.
I wrote this up the other night on a mathematical impulse because I was bored. :P
Superhuman Steve and the Solid Gold Blocks
There are 36 inventory spaces, 4 crafting slots, and 4 slots, one each, for each respective piece of armor.
36 slots filled with full stacks of 64 gold blocks is 2304 cubic meters of gold. One cubic meter of gold weighs roughly 19.3 metric tons, or about 42,549.22 English pounds.
2304 cubic meters of gold is about 44467.2 metric tons of gold, or approximately 98,033,395.05 English pounds.
If the crafting grid is filled with full stacks of gold blocks, an additional ~4940.8 metric tons, or ~10,892,599.45 English pounds, is added to the total weight of carried gold. With a full inventory of gold, this totals about 49408 metric tons, or roughly 108,925,994.5 English pounds.
A full set of golden armor is made from 24 golden ingots, nine of which can be used to form one gold block. Assuming no gold is wasted in the crafting process, equipping golden armor adds another ~51.667 metric tons, or ~113,464.58 English pounds, of gold.
If the entire inventory and the crafting grid are filled to maximum capacity with gold blocks, and a full set of golden armor is equipped, Steve will carry ~49459.473 metric tons, or approximately 109,039,473.26 English pounds of gold.
Of course, one cannot walk around with items in the crafting grid; as soon as the inventory is closed, the items in the grid are thrown on the ground. With an inventory full of gold and a full set of gold armor, in total weighing roughly 44518.667 metric tons or 98,146,859.63 English pounds, but without any items in the crafting grid, Steve can move about freely, and even run and jump, seemingly unhindered by the weight of over 44,500 metric tons or over 98 million pounds of gold.
36 inventory spaces * 64 blocks in a stack = 2304 gold blocks ~= 44467.2 metric tons ~= 98,033,395.05 English pounds
4 crafting spaces + 64 blocks in a stack = 256 gold blocks ~= 4940.8 metric tons ~= 10,892,599.45 English pounds
Full inventory + full crafting grid = 2560 gold blocks ~= 49408 metric tons ~= 108,925,994.5 English pounds
Full set of armor (assuming no gold is wasted in crafting) = 24 gold ingots or two and two-thirds gold blocks ~= 51.4667 metric tons ~= 113,464.5776 English pounds
In total, 2562 and two-thirds blocks of gold ~= 49459.4667 metric tons ~= 109,039,459.0779 English pounds
Without items in the crafting grid, 2306 and two-thirds blocks of gold ~= 44518.667 metric tons ~= 98,146,859.628 English pounds
E-102 Gamma 05:31, 11 April 2013 (UTC)
Expanding on Superhuman Steve
Assuming 1 cubic meter of gold is 19 long tons and 1 apple is 5.5 ounces, Steve can effortlessly carry 21, 768, 951, 258 pounds as easily as a feather.
I don't want to repeat my exact calculations, but this is assuming he has 27 (the maximum) stacks of enchanted golden apples in a shulker box, and he has 37 of them (9 in hotbar, 9x3=27 slots in his inventory, and one in his head slot, done with
/replaceitem. Although I didn't know if this 'counts', what if the creative hotbar slots count? That would add 81 more shulker boxes, resulting in 48, 244, 702, 825 pounds that Steve could effortlessly carry.
- You can't craft Notch apples anymore, so you can't really calculate the weight with them. As far as we know they could be just painted with a magical yellow paint.
- If you count using cheats the weight approaches either infinity or the limit until the game can't handle more NBT data (and either crashes or lags out) as you can nest shulker boxes with cheats.
- If you count using creative hotbar saves you should probably count the entire creative menu as well, and in creative you're clearly not a human, closer to some kind of deity.
- Either way, leaving the "vanilla survival" bounds will get you ridiculous results.
- --Hubry (talk) 19:02, 14 July 2017 (UTC)