Talk:Biome/Before Beta 1.8
I propose we rename this page to "History of biomes" (biomes capitalized if you insist, but that's not what I've learnt from the Wikipedia's Manual of Style (don't know if that's relevant)). The current name is over complex, which means it will be harder for the standard browser to find and harder for the standard editor to link to (I even had problems updating a link to avoid a redirect). Furthermore, the section headings already specify what version they list, so there's no ambiguity. Also, the page would need to be moved every time the biome code was redone in some way, so a more general name such as the one proposed would help in avoiding this. Kris159 17:55, 18 November 2011 (UTC)
- I agree. Even "Biome history" or "Version history/Biomes" could work. Anything shorter, really. Ordona 01:40, 22 November 2011 (UTC)
I miss the old biome code... However, I do agree with you guys on the renaming thing. I also think that this page should also incorporate biomes that are in the code but not well known about. Like the old 1.7 ice desert that didn't generate. Djc1999 06:13, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Feel free to add them in. Anyone can add them in, no one's stopping anyone. Please do. - Asterick6 06:35, 5 February 2012 (UTC)
- Was the old Swamp(land) biome called "Swampland" or "Swamp"? I'm not very sure. - Asterick6 07:26, 4 March 2012 (UTC)
Biome-based Sky Color
It should be noted that in versions prior to Beta 1.8, the color of the sky was based on the biome the player was currently in. I am unsure if this should go in this article or the ones pertaining to Air Blocks and/or Clouds.
Video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=953XeQ3qwMM
EMDude 07:14, 7 February 2012 (UTC)
- Put it in here and in the Air Blocks/Sky page. - Asterick6 05:47, 17 February 2012 (UTC)
Missing pre-biome world type
As I mentioned in discussion on another page a missing world type from before biomes were added is not listed. There used to be desert world types were as the name implies, deserts with the rare occasion of a small grass patch and sometimes even a tree in the grass patch. That much I am 100% sure that is correct because I started my own maps that ended up that world type but I am pretty sure I also recall that the grass and trees grew very slow and at a darker, more dead color (and when the trees did finally grow, they were often much larger than normal trees) and there were cacti all around.
Why does this page exist
- Well, the page should be merged, since it shares similar info with the Biome page. I can mark the page as "Pending merge". --ToonLucas22 (talk) 00:52, 14 December 2014 (UTC)