- I don't have the answer, but Opacity is next on my cleanup list. I think it doesn't get as consistently updated as the block or item or mob pages, so given the choice, naively, I would trust the Bed page more. But like I said, I don't actually know. – Sealbudsman talk/contr 19:08, 3 May 2016 (UTC)
In 11.1.2 I've just jumped onto a bed and took the same amount of fall damage that a non-bed fall would have dealt. 184.108.40.206 05:15, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
- That feature is for 1.12, which hasn't been released yet.--SamGamgee55 (talk) 17:41, 13 May 2017 (UTC)
It would be greatly appreciated if someone with the Console Edition could check if beds can be redyed (as per the Pocket Edition), whether they are found in different colours in igloos and whether they have the Pocket Edition or Java Edition sprites. –Goandgoo ᐸ Talk
Contribs 03:20, 28 June 2017 (UTC)
- Beds can be redyed, they are only found in one color (red) at igloos, and they have the Pocket Edition sprites. -BDJP (t|c) 17:33, 28 June 2017 (UTC)
Sleeping Animation Length
How many ticks long is the falling-asleep animation? --MCweb 19:58, 1 July 2017 (UTC)
- I also did a test; 5 seconds. – Nixinova 03:55, 9 July 2017 (UTC)
"Bed is in no way tied to the spawn point..." -- What?
This is not the behavior I am familiar with -- as of most versions I've played on, breaking the bed would revert the player's spawning to default even if it was later replaced in the same spot. Is this an actual change in recent versions, and if so when did it change? --MentalMouse42 (talk) 20:41, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
- The bed is not tied to the world spawn point, but it does temporarily change your spawnpoint – Nixinova 21:01, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
- Yes, but this page currently says explicitly that the game only checks for the presence of the bed at the player spawn point, at the time of death. I am fairly certain that's not how it used to work -- indeed, ISTR it used to be a PvP trick to break someone's bed and replace it, so their spawn point would be lost without their knowledge. --MentalMouse42 (talk) 21:48, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
- I just did a quick test in creative mode, and the page text is in fact correct as of 1.11.2. Which still leaves the question of when it changed. --MentalMouse42 (talk) 22:02, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
- ETA: And... back to 1.6.4, which is way earlier than I would have expected. I think I started playing back around 1.2.1, but I was using a different launcher then. I'll try further back after dinner. --MentalMouse42 (talk) 22:21, 26 August 2017 (UTC)
- OK, I seem to be full of something, and it's not just dinner. Even 1.2.1 respects a replaced bed, and that doesn't even have commands or the upper void. Bah. --MentalMouse42 (talk) 01:38, 27 August 2017 (UTC)
- Alright, having read it, it seems to me there's a pretty major semantics-related issue in the main Page, Wiki description, which was so-confusing. Either /or that and /or yet it could be the way the Game code(?) is referring to it /them (??).
- "(given) World Spawn(point)," "Player Spawn(point)." Yeah, fine.
- But it reads as(-if) there's something Else, going on (an add-itional - yes, Third - Spawn). So I'll parse it, here: let's assume that the "World Spawn(point)" is Original to a World's Generation, and (without at-least [ "T" for] " / " Commands - I Don't Know, Command Blocks..? [even?] - so some effort would be required to Change this) "not easily Changed" ; then there's the Player, Playing-around with Beds.
- You die, you Respawn. By the BED - so That's the "Player (RE)Spawn" - basically, the "Player RE-Spawn, point." Yilante, 9 /22 /19. 3:30 p.m. 220.127.116.11 22:30, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
Skipping the night
In the article under Bed#Passing the night, it says "Pressing the Leave Bed button changes the time of day to sunrise, and resets the weather to clear weather. "
Isn't it the opposite? Not pressing the button would result in the night being changed to day 5 seconds later, pressing the Leave Bed button doesn't skip the night...
-18.104.22.168 22:46, 24 October 2017 (UTC)
I was hoping to find a description of the logic behind determining when the player's legs move while they're sleeping. I can't figure out the rules. (My wife walked when we slept in a desert temple and I didn't. I walk everytime I sleep in my fishing room.) Buckosoft (talk) 09:42, 27 August 2018 (UTC)
- This might be related to the section I was just checking out on Player Respawn, Mechanics (since I was just sent back to Spawn :P for like the 500th time =0 ) in that we need the full 10 Blocks' of Space around Every Bed, to Respawn(-again) there (for sure, and I could also swear it might-work sometimes, until now). As it tends to Glitch me later since around 1.14's Newest, (Player) Bed Mechanics, closer-to where I was standing and not-next to the given walls, I've tended to put Beds next-to.
- I.e. , Lay me further-from a wall and towards an open area (or I'd assumed it could just be from-where I was Clicking-on it, closer-to that). And probably, the smaller the space the more-likely there'd be multiple such Glitches in multiple-such directions, so would it - possibly? - be more likely the Player would even seem to "'walk' in their Sleep" ? Yilante 9 /22 /19. 3:36 p.m. 22.214.171.124 22:36, 22 September 2019 (UTC)
Beds requiring supporting blocks
According to the History table, as of snapshot 18w47a beds now require a block below them or else they will break. While this was definitely the case in the snapshots, in 1.13.2 and 1.14 I am not only able to remove the blocks below a bed without it breaking, but I can even place a bed onto the side of a wall (without any blocks below it), which wasn't possible in 1.12. So the question is, when was this changed? I'm thinking it was one of the pre-releases, I remember watching a video in pre1 or so where beds would break when unsupported, but when I tested it in a later pre-release they didn't. I'm not entirely sure though. - Luke18033 (talk) 00:39, 28 April 2019 (UTC)
For some reason, the language link to the Chinese version adds "/BS". The language link from the Chinese version to the English version will also be linked to "Bed/BS". But the source of these pages seems to be correct. Why is that? Pneuma01 (talk) 09:49, 17 April 2020 (UTC)
- Should be fixed. The /BS pages didn't
noincludethe interwikis and were transcluded into the main page, and the /BS interwikis overrode the main page interwikis as a result. --AttemptToCallNil (report bug, view backtrace) 09:54, 17 April 2020 (UTC)
Waking up under obsidian in lava
Version is Java 1.15.2. Bed is placed on obsidian, maybe fully surrounded by obsidian on bed level, didn`t really check before sleeping. All lava is covered under obsidian. According to wiki spawn and I am considering wake up too has to be at world spanwn when all blocks surrounding on bed level are obstructed. Even worse the respawn does happen again and again under obsidian in lava. Absolutely unthinkable issue here. Anyone knows why this happens?
Recoloring a bed
Just to see if I got this right:
The MC Editions that have bleach, which allows to convert any bed into a neutral white bed, doesn't care which bed is attempted to be recolored when crafted with any dye.
And the MC Edition that does not have bleach (Java), is the one that only offers recoloring for white beds?
This is some peak game design logic...
126.96.36.199 13:40, 8 January 2021 (UTC) BloodyRain2k
- What's your point? Bedrock Edition lets you change a bed from any color to any another color. Java lets you color only white beds. It is well known that there are differences between the two editions, for example, Java lets you use certain blocks to displace water to create breathing spaces but all blocks are waterlogged in Bedrock, or Zombies converted to drowned don't spawn with a nautilus shell but they can do so in Bedrock. The list goes on. Again, what is your point? Amatulic (talk) 18:45, 8 January 2021 (UTC)