How fast do bamboo shoots grow? I have an idea for an automatic farm, but to make it as effective as possible, the growth speed would be really useful, especially if it has different growth speeds at different heights. R3DSkyCChamp (talk) 17:20, 24 October 2018 (UTC)
- Seems like roughly 1 Block /min. to me. Or Faster. Yilante 10 /29 /18. 3:57 a.m. 184.108.40.206 10:57, 29 October 2018 (UTC)
- About once every 180s on random Tick speed 3 -15Redstones (BTW can someone tell my why I can't log in properly????) –Preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) at 17:47, 5 November 2018 (UTC). Please sign your posts with ~~~~
"the only fuel in the game that can be farmed without player interaction that isn't carpet" trivia
Even if this section means infinitely, (thereby excluding things like sheep shearing dispensers which need occasional reloading), what about coal from wither skeleton grinders or sticks from witch grinders? Cultist O (talk) 20:19, 8 November 2018 (UTC)
- Agree. That trivia is false. Lê Duy Quang (Make some words | Contributions) 03:25, 10 November 2018 (UTC)
At which light level does bamboo better grows?
I've been tryin' to snatch from the water some bamboo while fishing in jungles since the grown up spots of are not yet available until Village & Pillage patch. So from that way I'm attempting to farm some bamboo. I have an underground orchard; just beneath a pool with crystal floor and inside the pool another orchard isle-like. So that underground orchard where I often plant some mushrooms, so it's dark down there, but also there is enough space to plant some bamboo as I guess that there could be a nice place for planting it.
Resembling real life bamboo, I did read that is better to grow with not too much light nor too much shade. I don't know how much light level should have Minecraft bamboo's growing but I suppose that a fairly level could be 7-8, without affecting the nearby mushrooms, perhaps. Georgie (talk) 03:33, 31 January 2019 (UTC)
In the Nether, it needs light level 10 to grow Excellence 04:47, 5 May 2019 (UTC)
- Yes, just confirming that it won't Grow at normal Nether (lack of?) lighting. Though it does not Detach (and I don't know if it does at what level - if - so). Yilante 5 /15 /19 1:46 p.m. 18.104.22.168 20:47, 15 May 2019 (UTC)
- For Java edition, the top will not grow further if at light level 9 or less. --22.214.171.124 03:37, 18 June 2019 (UTC)
Breaking time table is incorrect
The table listing breaking times in Bamboo#Obtaining seems to be mostly incorrect. I can confirm that swords break bamboo blocks and saplings instantly (and take 2 durability damage), but each tier of axe has a different breaking time, and breaking with any other tool or an empty hand takes less than the listed 3 seconds. In addition, no tools (except swords) speed up the breaking of a sapling. –Sonicwave talk 01:10, 6 October 2019 (UTC)