Talk:Author rewards program
We should mark this with the third-part tag or delete it. metarmask 17:52, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- Even though this page has nothing to do with Minecraft, this wiki is operated by Curse. They can do whatever they want.
—Kanegasi ☺C07:17, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
- You are right. But do you know how it is used? metarmask 17:52, 4 March 2013 (UTC)
Seriously though. I appreciate the help that Curse has given the Minecraft community, but this is just shameless promotion, and it's wrong. It says so right here in the wiki license.
It's enough that we know Curse helps make things like the forums or this wiki available, but when they start commercializing a community wiki it makes me want to go somewhere else, because it's getting shoved down my throat. Cue in, Curse: people are here for the info about the game, and feeding propaganda to a bunch of (stereotype) hyper-liberal rights-conscious EFF-loving gamer nerds isn't the best way to get "street cred". Don't bite the hand that feeds you. Chilangosta 17:33, 7 March 2013 (UTC)
- It doesn't matter, they "own" it so they do what they want with it, such as promote their own products. It's simply advertisement that is pointed towards minecraft.Extreme 02:11, 10 March 2013 (UTC)
- To counter your CC by-nc-sa link, it means that all content on this wiki is Curse's and they can commercialize it if they want. The non-commercial part means that anyone using Curse's content may not commercialize it. Wikipedia is the leading pioneer of anything wiki-related, but that doesn't mean all wiki sites must follow their lead to the letter. The concept of providing free information without profit is Wikipedia's and is not a rule for sites using the MediaWiki software. A great example of a for-profit wiki is the Wikia empire, most likely the second biggest wiki site under the wikimedia family. CC is also not a wiki license, it's just a license. It can be used for anything.
—Kanegasi ☺C00:21, 9 April 2013 (UTC)
- Support the deletion very strongly. The content of this article is nothing more but shameless self-promotion. The article does not give any sort of helpful information to most of its readers. In fact, many of the people who read this wiki don't probably have any clue about what the "Curse" even is. Also, this page contains many dead links, which definitely don't make it any more useful. 126.96.36.199 14:47, 8 October 2018 (UTC)
- I'm guessing that the page is required to exist due to Curse. However, I don't necessarily like it either - it seems extremely spammy and I definitely don't think it fits well in the mainspace. Would we be allowed to at least clean it up and move it to the Minecraft Wiki namespace? Pinging Game widow to see if she can provide information.--Talk to me 15:48, 8 October 2018 (UTC)