The Gamepedia and Fandom account systems have now been merged. If your username is incorrect, you have accounts on both platforms that weren't merged, or you have trouble signing in, please submit a support ticket.
Powering powered and activator rails
If someone has an alternating line of powered rails and activator rails, with no detector or normal rails in between, will a redstone current at one end power the entire thing or does the current only go through rails of the same type? 220.127.116.11 20:35, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- Currently (13w03a), only one rail will get activated, whether you start with a powered rail or an activator rail. I expect this will stay this way, since it allows you to control different aspects of the rail separately.
- —Munin295 · · 22:21, 23 January 2013 (UTC)
- Good to know, thanks. 18.104.22.168 03:16, 24 January 2013 (UTC)
Does the activator rail only turn hopper minecarts off while they're on it, or does it turn them off until they hit another activator rail? --Droideka30 21:22, 25 January 2013 (UTC)
- A powered activator rail deactivates hopper minecarts immediately and permanently -- until they pass over an unpowered activator rail which activates them again (a deactivated hopper minecart is not affected by passing over subsequent powered activator rails). A hopper minecart passing onto an unpowered activator rail is also activated immediately, and can thus even pick up items before the activator rail as soon as it begins to pass over the activator rail.
- —Munin295 · · 16:40, 28 January 2013 (UTC)
"Road" for minecarts
An unlogged IP has been objecting to this term. I'm open to alternatives, but there should be something to introduce the concept that minecarts travel easily on various rails and not easily on non-rail blocks. Suggestions other than simply deleting it?
Also, there are two sections under Usage: Rail and Redstone component. The rail section is intended to discuss how the activator rail transports minecarts like other rails, while the Redstone component secion discusses how the rail acts when activated or not activated. That an activator rails ejects occupants is only one of a number of actions discussed under Redstone component behavior, and does not belong under the Rail section.
Conversations belong on talk pages, not in edit summaries.
—munin · · 19:03, 27 August 2015 (UTC)
Dismounting location is now predictable.
The dismounting location is now predictable. See the fix and comment here.
Sounds in Bedrock Edition
The sounds for fall damage, jumping from the block, falling on the block, and walking on the block all use the sound for the block that it is placed on.