| This page contains content that is no longer in the game.|
These features only exist in outdated versions of Minecraft.
In this version, creepers had melee attacks and only exploded when killed, the only food source were mushrooms, and you could get them by killing sheep or pigs or finding them in caves. The red mushrooms were toxic and hurt the player by 1 1/2 hearts . The point system was first implemented in this update. The player's fist also took 4 () away from the mob the player punched.
On October 24, 2009, Survival Test was opened up to anyone regardless of premium membership.
Survival Test was removed the website on December 16, 2010 when the site received a major overhaul, during the Alpha phase. Survival Test is not available in the launcher, though it is compatible if the user is able to provide the .jar file.
Differences from Classic Creative[edit | edit source]
- See also: Version history/Classic § Survival Test
- A total of eight mobs: zombies, skeletons, creepers, pigs, spiders, sheep, humans and giants.
- The player has a health bar, which has 10 hearts (). When the player has or lower on the health bar, the health bar begins to shake.
- Players and mobs can take damage from various sources: falling, drowning, lava, hostile mobs, and the player's arrows.
- The addition of brown mushrooms, which can be eaten by right-clicking while holding it, healing 2.5 hearts. They are dropped by pigs and sheep.
- Sheep eat grass to regrow wool, which can be "sheared" if the player hits them.
- Creepers in this version had a melee attack where they jumped into the Player and would only explode upon death.
- The player can fire arrows by pressing "tab".
- When the player dies, the world is no longer playable, like in the current Hardcore mode.
- The player starts with 10 TNT in their ninth hotbar slot, which can be placed with right-click and detonated with left-click. Exploding TNT deals a maximum of six hearts of damage (depending on how close the player is to it), and has a blast radius of about four blocks.
- Players can see their hand in game. Its position is different for all versions after 0.30_03.
- Skeleton's arrows were purple, and when killed will blow up in an explosion of five arrows that the player can pick up. They also shot arrows from their bare hands as bows did not exist in the Survival Test. Curiously, the Skeletons shot their arrows at a much faster rate than usual, making them one of, if not the most dangerous mob in the Survival Test.
Points[edit | edit source]
Some aspects of the point system are listed below:
- Sheep and pigs awarded 10 points.
- Zombies awarded 80 points.
- Spiders awarded 105 points.
- Skeletons awarded 120 points.
- Creepers awarded 200 points (it was once 250).
Points would not be scored for indirect kills (e.g. a creeper's death explosion killing a zombie didn't award the zombie's points).
Blocks[edit | edit source]
A handful of blocks are obtained in different ways than in the modern game:
- Gold blocks were obtained by mining gold ore.
- Iron blocks were obtained by mining iron ore.
- Stone slabs were obtained by mining coal ore.
- Oak wood planks were obtained by chopping up oak logs.
- White cloth (wool) was obtained by punching sheep (this did no damage).
All other blocks found naturally in the world could be picked up normally, with the exception of ores and logs, which drop their resources, stone which drops cobblestone as normal, leaves which also drop saplings as normal, grass blocks which drop dirt (which can handle grass again) and liquids and bedrock which are unbreakable.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Notch created the giant mob in the last version of Survival Test, however they were hidden afterwards due to an issue with spawning and their overall power.
- In Survival Test, zombies and skeletons had a chance of wearing armor, but Notch removed it in the final version. This feature was re-added in 1.4 Release.
- In Survival Test, the fastest mob was the spider, being able to move as fast as the player.
- Indev 0.31 in the very first update was known as Survival Test.
- In Survival Test 0.24, Creepers were made from the failed pig model.
- In Survival Test 0.26 SURVIVAL TEST 4, Spiders originally had brown skin and black eyes.
- In Survival Test, the player's hand is pointed backwards and is rotated slightly. This was changed in Indev and remains the same.
- Stone wouldn't explode when you place TNT on it.
References[edit | edit source]