Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Java Edition pre-Classic rd-20090515
May 14, 2009
rd-20090515 is a pre-Classic version made on May 14, 2009, at 22:00 UTC.[note 1] Although there is a version titled "rd-20090515" in the launcher, attempting to play it downloads rd-161348 instead.
- Level generation is now more natural.
- Unlike other pre-classic versions, this does not use a "ddhhmm" (day-hour-minute) format, but instead a "yyyymmdd" (year-month-day) format.
- The game is renamed from "Cave Game" to "Minecraft: Order of the Stone" in this version.
- This version was once removed from the launcher due to being identical to rd-161348, but later re-added, although it remained a duplicate of rd-161348.
- The “rd” prefix in the update’s name stands for RubyDung, a previous game Notch worked on and abandoned, and was used as some of Minecraft’s inspiration.
- While the version name implies that it was released on May 15, it was actually released at 22:00 UTC on May 14 (which is midnight on May 15, Sweden time).