See Data values
Raw cod is a food item.
The most common way of obtaining raw cod is fishing. The wait time of one being caught is decreased with the Lure enchantment and the chance of one being caught is slightly decreased with the Luck of the Sea enchantment (named as such because it increases treasure, not fish).
Guardians and elder guardians
Guardians and elder guardians have a 40% and 50% chance to drop raw cod as a common drop respectively when killed. The raw cod will become cooked if the guardian/elder guardian was killed while on fire.
Guardians and elder guardians also drop a random fish as a rare drop besides the common raw cod drop. This has a 60% chance of being raw cod. The chance of getting a fish can be increased with Looting, but the type of fish is not affected.
Polar bears drop 0–2 raw fish when killed. This has a 75% chance of being raw cod and a 25% chance of being raw salmon. The cod and/or salmon will be raw even if the polar bear is on fire when killed.
Cod will always drop 1 raw cod when killed. If it is killed on fire, it will drop cooked cod instead.
Dolphins drop 0–1 raw cod when killed, with the chance for an additional cod per level of looting used.
|Raw Cod +
Raw cod can be used to tame ocelots[Java and Legacy Console editions only][until JE 1.14], get cats off of chests, and beds, breed cats, and make baby cats grow up faster by 10% of the remaining time.
Dolphins can be fed raw cod. Doing this will improve their trust with the player, and interact with them more. However, unlike most animals, this will not cause them to breed.
Additionally, dolphins will swim to the nearest chest in an underwater ruins or shipwreck structure when they are fed raw cod. If the chest in the nearest structure is broken, they will instead swim to the nearest structure that has a chest.
Fisherman villagers have 50% chance to sell 6 cooked cod for 6 raw cod and 1 emerald as part of their first tier trade. Apprentice-level fisherman villagers buy 16 raw cod for an emerald as their trade.[upcoming: BE 1.11.0]
|Item||Name ID||Numeric ID|
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Delicious Fish||Catch and cook a fish!||Pick up a cooked fish from a furnace output. Doesn't work if the furnace is hooked up to a hopper, as the player is not getting the item directly from the furnace.||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||15G||Silver|
|Lion Tamer||Tame an Ocelot.[Legacy Console Edition only] / Gain the trust of an Ocelot.[Bedrock Edition only]||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||15G||Bronze|
|Echolocation||Feed a dolphin fish and have it lure you to treasure||Feed a dolphin raw cod and have it lure you to treasure.||Xbox 360||Yes||Yes||Wii U||20G||Silver|
|Icon||Advancement||In-game description||Parent||Actual requirements (if different)||Internal ID|
|Husbandry||The world is full of friends and food||—||Eat anything that can be eaten.|
|Fishy Business||Catch a fish||Husbandry||Use a fishing rod to catch a fish.|
|A Balanced Diet||Eat everything that is edible, even if it's not good for you||A Seedy Place||Eat each of these 36 foods. Other foods, like cake, are ignored for the advancement.|
|Java Edition Alpha|
|v1.2.0||?||Added cod, which were called fish at the time.|
|Java Edition Beta|
|1.5||Cooking fish now gives the Delicious Fish achievement.|
|1.8||Pre-release||Fish is now stackable to 64 and fills hunger instead of health.|
|1.2.1||12w04a||Raw fish can now be fed to ocelots to tame them into cats.|
|1.3.1||12w21a||Farmer villagers will now buy 9–12 cooked fish for 1 emerald.|
|1.8||14w02a||Cooked fish trade changed: fisherman villagers will now sell 6 cooked fish for 1 emerald plus 6 raw fish.|
|Farmer villagers will now no longer buy cooked fish.|
|14w04a||Corrected name from |
|14w25a||Raw fish and cooked fish are now obtainable rare drops from guardians and elder guardians.|
|1.10||16w20a||Raw fish is now dropped from polar bears.|
|1.13||17w47a||The different data values for the |
|"Raw Fish" and "Cooked Fish" have now been renamed to "Raw Cod" and "Cooked Cod", respectively.|
|Prior to The Flattening, these items' numeral ID were 349 and 350.|
|18w07a||Raw cod is now used to breed turtles.|
|18w07b||Raw cod is now no longer used to breed turtles. Seagrass is used instead.|
|18w08b||Cod, and other fish, have now been added as mobs, which will drop their (raw) item form when killed.|
|The textures for raw and cooked cod have now been updated.|
|18w10a||Cooked cod will now generate in buried treasure chests.|
|18w15a||Raw cod can now be used to feed dolphins.|
|Raw cod can now be obtained as a drop from dolphins.|
|Upcoming Java Edition|
|1.14||18w43a||The textures of raw and cooked cod have now been changed.|
|18w47b||The previous texture changes of raw and cooked cod have now been reverted.|
|Pocket Edition Alpha|
|0.11.0||build 1||Added fish.|
|0.12.1||build 1||Fish will now restore hunger instead of health.|
|Raw fish can now be used to feed ocelots to tame them into cats.|
|0.16.0||build 1||Fish is now dropped by guardians and elder guardians.|
|1.0.0||alpha 0.17.0.1||Added polar bears, which drop raw fish.|
|1.0.4||alpha 220.127.116.11||Fisherman villagers will now sell 6 cooked fish for 1 emerald plus 6 raw fish.|
|1.4.0||beta 18.104.22.168||Cod and other fish have been added as mobs, which will drop their (raw) item form when killed.|
|The textures of raw and cooked cod have now been updated.|
|beta 22.214.171.124||Raw cod is now dropped by dolphins and can be used to feed them.|
|1.5.0||beta 126.96.36.199||Giving raw cod to dolphins will lead the player to the nearest underwater ruins or shipwreck.|
|1.7.0||beta 188.8.131.52||"Raw Fish" and "Cooked Fish" have now been renamed to "Raw Cod" and "Cooked Cod", respectively.|
|1.8.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Raw cod can now no longer can be used to tame ocelots.|
|Raw cod can now be used to breed ocelots and increase baby ocelot growth speed.|
|Added stray cats, which can be tamed using raw cod.|
|Upcoming Bedrock Edition|
|1.11.0||beta 220.127.116.11||Raw cod can be sold to fisherman villagers.|
|Fisherman villagers now have 50% chance to sell 6 cooked cod for 6 raw cod and emerald as part of their first tier trade.|
|Legacy Console Edition|
|TU1||CU1||1.0||Patch 1||Added fish.|
|TU5||Fish is now stackable to 64 and fills hunger instead of health.|
|TU12||Raw fish can now be fed to ocelots to tame them into cats.|
|TU13||Raw fish is now no longer removed from the player's inventory when trying to tame an ocelot in Creative mode.|
|TU69||1.76||Patch 38||"Raw Fish" and "Cooked Fish" have now been renamed to "Raw Cod" and "Cooked Cod", respectively.|
|The textures for raw and cooked cod have now been updated.|
|New Nintendo 3DS Edition|