Width: 1.975 blocks
See § Spawning
|This feature is exclusive to Java Edition, Bedrock Edition and PlayStation 4 Edition.|
|— Ash Parrish|
Ravagers can spawn starting at wave 3 as part of raids.
Up to 5 Ravagers spawn as part of a raid. Unridden ravagers spawn at waves 3 and 5, a ravager ridden by a pillager spawns at waves 5 and 7, and a ravager ridden by an evoker spawns at wave 7.
Ravagers are hostile towards players, iron golems, villagers or adult villagers[Bedrock Edition only], and wandering traders[Java Edition only] within a 32-block radius in Java Edition or 16-block radius in Bedrock Edition. They attack by ramming enemies with their head, dealing a high knockback. They can also destroy certain block types by charging into them.
|Block||Bedrock Edition||Java Edition|
|Sweet Berry Bush||Yes||No|
Whether blocked by a shield while attacking, no damage is dealt and knockback is halved. The ravager has about a 50% chance to become stunned and unable to move or attack for 2 seconds. After this period, it emits a roar that deals 6 damage and high knockback to nearby entities. The roar can knock back nearby illagers without damaging them and has no effect on other ravagers. The ravager does not attack pillagers who shoot at it and does not attack evokers when evoker fangs accidentally hit a ravager.
Even though they are heavy, they can swim. Their apparent weight gives them 50% chance of resisting knockbacks.
Ravagers are able to spawn reinforcements.[Java Edition only]
Ravagers have entity data associated with them that contains various properties of the mob.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- Tags common to all mobs spawnable in raids see Template:Nbt inherit/raidable/template
- AttackTick: Attack cooldown for this ravager.
- RoarTick: Roar attack cooldown for this ravager.
- StunTick: Stun attack cooldown for this ravager.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Availability||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Kill the Beast!||Defeat a Ravager.||No||PS4||Yes||No||30G||Silver|
|September 29, 2018||Ravagers are announced at MINECON Earth 2018.|
|1.14||18w43a||Added Illager Beasts.|
|18w44a||Illager beasts no longer flee in the presence of rabbits.|
|18w45a||Illager beasts now spawn in illager patrols, 200 blocks away from villages on grass or sand with a block light level of 0–8 and a sky light level of 10–15.|
|18w46a||Illager beasts no longer spawn as part of illager patrols, making them unused.|
|18w47a||Illager beasts now spawn in the new Raids, making them used again.|
|19w05a||Illager beasts have been renamed to ravagers.|
|ID changed from |
|19w13a||Ravagers can now be ridden by Evokers.|
|1.10.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Added Ravagers (called "Illager Beasts"), available only through Experimental Gameplay.|
|Only has basic AI, uses player hurt sound and doesn't have animation.|
|1.11.0||beta 220.127.116.11||Renamed illager beast to ravager.|
|Ravagers now have animations and their own sounds.|
|Fully implemented ravager A.I behavior.|
|Ravagers can now spawn during raids.|
|Ravagers can now be ridden by vindicators and pillagers.|
|Ravagers are no longer hostile to baby villagers.|
|beta 18.104.22.168||Fully implemented ravagers, separate from Experimental Gameplay.|
|beta 22.214.171.124||Ravagers can now be ridden by evokers.|
|PlayStation 4 Edition|
A ravager shown at MINECON Earth 2018.
A group of pillagers raiding a village, shown at MINECON Earth 2018.
A ravager patrolling along with some illagers (before 18w46a).
An illager patrol leader riding a ravager. (before 18w46a)
- "Ravager" and "Behemoth" were listed as alternate name suggestions for the illager beast. In Java Edition 19w05a and Bedrock Edition beta 126.96.36.199, illager beasts were renamed to ravagers.
- In Java Edition 3D Shareware v1.34, ravagers drop yellow keys.
- Ravager was mainly inspired by the mythological creature, Manticore, especially the one from Dungeons & Dragons.
- "Meet the Ravager" – Minecraft.net, May 5, 2019
- "FYI, I asked Josh to remove this feature again. Although funny, being scared of rabbits doesn't fit with the Beast's lore." – @jeb_, October 30, 2018
- "Minecraft Snapshot 18w43a" – Minecraft.net