Height: 2.2 Blocks
See § Spawning
Ravagers can spawn starting at wave 3 as part of raids.
Ravagers are hostile towards players, iron golems, adult villagers and wandering traders within a 32-block radius. They attack by ramming enemies with their head, dealing a knockback of 5 blocks. They can also destroy certain block types by charging into them.
|Block||Bedrock Edition||Java Edition|
|Sweet Berry Bush||Yes||No|
When blocked by a shield while attacking, no damage is dealt and knockback is halved. The ravager also has a 50% chance to become stunned and unable to move or attack for 2 seconds. After this period, it emits a roar that deals 6 damage and a knockback of 5 blocks to nearby entities. The roar knocks back nearby illagers without damaging them and has no effect on other ravagers. The ravager does not attack pillagers who shoot at it and does not attack evokers when evoker fangs accidentally hit a ravager.
Even though they are heavy, they can swim. Their apparent weight makes them take 75% less of knockback.
|The following sounds section uses an outdated format and should be redone using |
|Sound||Subtitle||Namespaced ID||Subtitle ID||Source||Pitch||Volume||Attenuation distance|
Ravagers have entity data associated with them that contains various properties of the mob.
- Entity data
- Tags common to all entities see Template:Nbt inherit/entity/template
- Tags common to all mobs see Template:Nbt inherit/mob/template
- Tags common to all mobs spawnable in raids see Template:Nbt inherit/raidable/template
- AttackTick: Attack cooldown for this ravager.
- RoarTick: Roar attack cooldown for this ravager.
- StunTick: Stun attack cooldown for this ravager.
|Icon||Achievement||In-game description||Actual requirements (if different)||Xbox points earned||Trophy type (PS)|
|Kill the Beast!||Defeat a Ravager.||—||30G||Silver|
|September 29, 2018||Illager Beasts are announced at MINECON Earth 2018.|
|1.14||18w43a||Added illager beasts.|
|18w44a||Illager beasts no longer flee in the presence of rabbits.|
|18w45a||Illager beasts now spawn in illager patrols, 200 blocks away from villages on grass or sand with a block light level of 0–8 and a sky light level of 10–15.|
|18w46a||Illager beasts no longer spawn as part of illager patrols, which has now made them unused.|
|18w47a||Illager beasts now spawn in the new raids, which has now made them used again.|
|19w05a||"Illager Beast" has now been renamed to "Ravager".|
|The ID has now been changed from |
|19w13a||Ravagers can now be ridden by evokers.|
|1.10.0||beta 184.108.40.206||Added illager beasts.|
|Illager beasts are currently only available through Experimental Gameplay.|
|Illager beasts have a basic AI, use the player's hurt sound and don't have any animations.|
|1.11.0||beta 220.127.116.11||"Illager Beast" has now been renamed to "Ravager".|
|Ravagers now have animations and their own sounds.|
|The AI behavior of ravagers have now been fully implemented.|
|Ravagers can now spawn during raids.|
|Ravagers can now be ridden by vindicators and pillagers.|
|Ravagers are no longer hostile to baby villagers.|
|beta 18.104.22.168||Ravagers have now been fully implemented and are now separate from Experimental Gameplay.|
|beta 22.214.171.124||Ravagers can now be ridden by evokers.|
|PlayStation 4 Edition|
A ravager shown at MINECON Earth 2018.
A group of pillagers raiding a village, shown at MINECON Earth 2018.
A ravager patrolling along with some illagers (before 18w46a).
An illager patrol leader riding a ravager (before 18w46a).
A pillager ravager rider.
A vindicator ravager rider.
An evoker ravager rider.
In Other Media
- "Ravager" and "Behemoth" were listed as alternate name suggestions for the illager beast. In Java Edition 19w05a and Bedrock Edition beta 126.96.36.199, illager beasts were renamed to ravagers.
- In Java Edition 3D Shareware v1.34, ravagers dropped yellow keys.
- In Java Edition, evoker fangs can hurt ravagers, so evokers may kill their mounts while riding ravagers. However, this does not happen in Bedrock Edition because evoker fangs do not hurt them.
- Ravager was mainly inspired by the mythological creature, Manticore, especially the one from Dungeons & Dragons.
- Ravagers were unused during snapshot 18w46a, but were added as a raid exclusive mob in snapshot 18w47a.
- Even though ravagers aren't a type of illager in Java Edition, their texture is in the "illager" folder in client.jar.
- "FYI, I asked Josh to remove this feature again. Although funny, being scared of rabbits doesn't fit with the Beast's lore." – @jeb_, October 30, 2018
- "Minecraft Snapshot 18w43a" – Minecraft.net
- "Meet The Ravager" – Minecraft.net, May 11, 2019